Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A gentle reminder

All

We've had a few days now to soak in all that is the .95 release. I got to play an awful lot this weekend and have noticed a few things that I guess warrant posting this little reminder about what TacticalGamer is about.

Mortars

Please do not build them out-of-bounds for the enemy team. Placing them in places protected by the dome of death will result in the admins asking you to move them, and if this request isn't complied with in a reasonable amount of time then the admins will take the necessary steps to get compliance. If asked to move the mortars, and to be honest it shouldn't even come to that i n the first place, then cease fire immediately and relocate them!

In case you're wondering, this is not a new rule we've cooked up for the .95 release. Please reference the rules post to find the following:

2d. Game engine exploits and/or map exploits may not be used for advantage.
    Insurgency

Maps like Kokan and Korengal are problematic due to the potential location of some caches and their proximity to the US main. The temptation is strong on both sides to fire at will and violate the rules with regard to fire in to or out of the main. This happened on Sunday on Kokan where the US team immediately drew fire from the insurgent team in and while leaving the main, including losing at least 1 Kiowa over the US main in the first 5 minutes of the round.

The rules on the server have not changed. We do not allow fire in to nor out of a main base - period. Please remind the players on your team of this fact when the cache spawns are in a location that can lead to problems. Granted, there are major issues on Korengal with the US team and their lack of respawning assets, and having a cache spawn point so close to the US main on Kokan is just ridiculous for both teams, but I'm tired of having to remove maps because people can't follow a simple rule. That is not how we should have to deal with things on a "mature" server so let's fix it by keeping ourselves in check.

AAS

My last point isn't about any particular rule per se but instead about the mentality I saw on the server this weekend. I have seen enough of teams forward rushing the first flag that their opponent needs to take or, worse yet (Qin Ling) rushing all the flags at once to end a round of AAS in about 10 minutes. What is the point of doing this? This isn't a clan match or a tournament match where you get "something" for winning. We're all here to have fun. Taking advantage of a broken AAS system to decimate your opponent off a map in 10 minutes is unacceptable on this server. If you don't want to play a particular map then just hit the '~' key and type in 'exit'.

/rant

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: A gentle reminder

affirmative! Bump!
    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
      This isn't a clan match or a tournament match where you get "something" for winning. We're all here to have fun.
      Wholeheartedly agree. While a little of context with regards to this quote, I hope that people focus more on what they are doing and having fun, and less on what other people are doing.

Stick to the rules and primer and stick with your squad. Don't worry about what the squad on the other side of the map is doing. Unless you are the commander, it is out of your control. Just have a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by CR8Z View Post
        Wholeheartedly agree. While a little of context with regards to this quote, I hope that people focus more on what they are doing and having fun, and less on what other people are doing.

Stick to the rules and primer and stick with your squad. Don't worry about what the squad on the other side of the map is doing. Unless you are the commander, it is out of your control. Just have a good time.
        But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

Descent is the voice of reason. The Voice we must hear in order to follow a better path.

If some idiot is rightfully being and idiot. Saying nothing will only perpetuate idiocy.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

another thing is people ramming vehicles with other vehicles plus Ive seen a major amount of people running people over as I have many times well 3 times in one round became roadkill , if your silly enough to run IN FRONT of them fine but if your going to be like Christine (for you people that don't know its a killer car that Steven King wrote/movie) and run people over please go look for another server to play on
          |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

Well said big D!
            I know how exciting new releases are for everyone with their cool maps and bright shiny new gear, but everyone needs to mentally take a step back once in a while and remember why we're here and what we do.

We have a golden opportunity here ladies and gents: PR is a bit broken right now. We have maps that are out of whack, caches that spawn too close to mains, a ticket system that very few people agree with and lots of other things that need tweaking to make it as playable as some previous versions have been. With all of the big discussions that we've had lately about how we can do better as a community, about team balance, about personal ethics, and about the rules and guidelines we all follow, a broken version of PR gives us a golden opportunity to shine as a community and show what we can really do.

Like Dispo said, we're all here to have fun. The underhanded tactics, abusing flaws, and inappropriate gameplay that he discussed all go a long way to cheapen that. But I'm fully confident that if everyone makes a concerted effort, we can show the entire global PR community that regardless of how much polish a new version needs, they can still find active, fun, and challenging games here at TG.

So lets get to it folks!

Comment

Originally posted by TomKing View Post
              But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

Descent is the voice of reason. The Voice we must hear in order to follow a better path.

If some idiot is rightfully being and idiot. Saying nothing will only perpetuate idiocy.
              Here here. Off topic I know. (minus typos :D )

------

On topic, what if a team builds a mortar pit within a 'large' DoD because the DoD is just simply that large. For example today on the wonderful round of Falujah (that was forwarded only an hour and half in >_>) the US built a mortar pit 'just' within the DoD, I know this because as I drove into them with Gary I was threatened with death for dissertion. Blowing it up just when the counter hit 2.

I can understand not justifying a mortar pit well hidden inside a DoD but just on the outskirts is questionable. Lashkar DoD is quite large, the whole section just 'west?' (across the bridge 'left to right') has been used as FO position, mortar position, ambush position, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                On topic, what if a team builds a mortar pit ...(snip)
                Excellent rule of thumb to follow in these exact situations: if you even think you might have to ask if its permissible to do something, DONT DO IT.

Besides, dispo made it pretty clear that they're not to be placed inside the DoD. period. Yes, some maps have a larger-than-average dome, but theres plenty of real estate on every single map in the game to place mortars where its perfectly fine and nobody is even *risking* death-by-desertion to take it out.

Comment

Cool.

sigpic

Comment

Regarding the DoD. I personally have absolutely no idea where exactly the dod is on most maps and I assume there is others that doesn't either. That means that people might not intentionally be placing the mortars in DoD's.
                    That said, if people notice that the mortars are within the DoD, and call it out, they should obviously be moved out of it asap.

Comment

It's real simple don't build stuff intentionally within the dome of death. Don't know where the line is, well here's an idiot proof guide. Don't build stuff near your main spawn, you have a spawn thete, you don't need a fob. It's called a Forward Operating Base for a reason.

If you are asked to do something by an admin, ie move a mortar, follow our rules etc do it, do it as quickly as you can. DO NOT START A DEBATE IN GAME OR ARGUE.

If you wish to debate it I'm all for it however we will do it off the server. If you argue in game with an admin you will be removed from the server so we can have the discussion in private without disrupting the game for the other 60 players.

Comment

I don't always agree with Disposable, but when I do, it's Dos Equis.

.... i mean, Terrorist Fist Bump!

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

There are a lot of great points by some excellent people in this thread. Thank you all.

The DoD thing is a little tricky because unless you know the map really, really well (ie. having played several times as both factions), knowing exactly where the DoD for the opposing team is located is next to impossible. Add to this the fact that we're on a new build and the DoD dimensions may very well have changed slightly from any previous versions of the same map.

So, building something in the DoD unintentionally is completely understandable. I don't believe anyone is necessarily accusing people of intentionally doing this, but the problem occurs when the admins ask that players remove the assets (or themselves) from the DoD and those players do not comply. Please, just do as the admins ask you to do without argument. If you'd like to discuss/debate the decision then do it off line in the Contact an Admin forums or pull the admin aside on mumble or TS. This is the proper place to have the discussion.

We're all learning the new maps and game-play dynamics together. A little patience would be appreciated as we figure everything out while experiencing the joys of bugs, weird map glitches and endless waves of BLUFOR on insurgency :) together. This is where it is important to remember that we are all here to have fun. Let's do that and then everything else will take care of itself.

Comment

Dispo if I could respectfully disagree with you about the "Flag Rushing" issue. From alternate angle, is this not the theory of area denial/interdiction? Modern Military forces all over will say "if we can deny the enemy their main objective" or "harass them into having to divert resources from their main objective" it is more than logical to do so. WW2 key example sending in Paratroopers to block off avenues of German advancement so the allied forces could move through the backfield taking key places without problem.

The point I'm getting at is yes, this does make rounds shorter. Yes it does inhibit the enemy team from capping their flag, but as a CO I see no issue in doing this. I know the risk of sending a squad/assets to go to the enemy's first flag in hopes of slowing them down allowing my forces to move up. Its a risk, but a risk all the same.

Help me understand, because I don't see how this is exploiting in any way a "broken" AAS system.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Broken in terms of tickets and cost of losing flags. Prior to the .957b release, the cost of ticket loss due to wounded status, death, loss of assets and the loss of a flag amounted to a round lasting less than an hour with no chance for the team that has lost it's first flag in battle to mount any time of a counter-attack. This, combined with the loss of logistic support for the team (read: FOBs to spawn on) because the "MORTAR" squad was the first squad created every single round (at least on release weekend), therefore commandeering the logistics, caused any AAS map to be the least pleasurable PR playing experience that a lot of seasoned PR veterans had ever had. Witness the release of a patch in 4 days to address the ticket issue as proof of my statement.

BTW - you're free to disagree - it's just my opinion. It's just that my opinion happens to be shared by a lot of people. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X