Mumble?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumble?

Hello, I've played PR off and on over the last few years any pretty much would only play on TG. With the new update to PR (and some free time) I'm looking to get back into it. I've just re-established my supporting member account and am trying to figure this mumble thing out. Do a lot in the PR TG community use mumble? What is the PR mumble IP?

sorry if this is too obvious that I'm missing it somewhere, I did do some forum searches :)

PS is TS3 not used anymore? I just jumped on to the server and the PR area seemed empty.

Re: Mumble?

Mumble makes the PR experience 100x better.

This is everything you need to know.

See you on the battlefield.

Comment

so does mumble now automatically connect to a server I join?

Comment

Originally posted by Doro9 View Post
        so does mumble now automatically connect to a server I join?
        Nope, it's all manual, but once you join in the right team channel you shouldn't have to change it; unless you get teamswitched in game.

Comment

Ok, thats what I was looking for....mumble info for the TG server.

Comment

Basically, mumble installs with PR now. The Project Reality Official Mumble Server IP and Port is automatically listed in the Custom Servers tab under "Servers" when you start mumble. Don't forget to give yourself a user name.

You join the mumble server at the bottom of the list. Look for Tactical Gamer in alphabetical order and join the waiting room. Start your PR and wait to load in. Compare the names on the team that you are on in PR to the correct team in mumble and join that team channel in mumble.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hit up the link I posted earlier.

Once connected to the mumble server, you should have a list of all the PR game servers, look on your team in game (make sure you have the alt-tab fix for BF2 installed), then join the channel with the other people in your team.

EDIT: Damn I got ninja'd.

Comment

hmm i guess thats why I couldnt figure it out...TG isnt listed as any of my default servers.

Comment

You have to connect to the "Project Reality Official Mumble Server" under the Custom Servers in the Server option. Once you join that server, find TG in the list of ALL of the other clans/communities.

Comment

Says I need a Password. ???
                    What's weird about a young goats head, smoking a joint, tied with a scarf to a mobile artillery gun? - Jeepo

Killing threads since 2007

| |

Comment

Is it prompting you for a password? Usually you leave the password field blank, but inserting a username then hitting connect.

Comment

Mcgann, rember at one time you were an admin
                        I have PM'd you your PW.
                        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

ok thanks!
                          What's weird about a young goats head, smoking a joint, tied with a scarf to a mobile artillery gun? - Jeepo

Killing threads since 2007

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Doro9 View Post
                            Ok, thats what I was looking for....mumble info for the TG server.
                            There is no mumble info for TG. You set up mumble look up the ip, save settings connect and then you join the appropriate channel depending on what server you are on.

Comment

will also be worth you going to settings and sorting out some shortcuts

self mute and deafen i would say are very important, to cut out inbetween round chatter without alt+tabbing. during the 3mins before round start would be a good time to deafen yourself, that way you can hear your SL/brief your squad and the guys who want to chat on mumble still can. Everyone wins. (subtle hint there for those that dont have binds set)

Might also want to consider a bind to increase and decrease mumbles output volume.
                              AnimalMother
                              Ex TG-31st LR
                              "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...