Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prima Strategy Guide - 2 free chapters

Download them here, in PDF format.

The chapters include strategies for the US, MEC and China and include tips and hints on the 16, 32 and 64 multiplayer maps.

Re: Prima Strategy Guide - 2 free chapters

You can buy the entire E-Guide (PDF) on-line for $12.99. I purchased it the week before the retail release and it's been very helpful in becoming familar with maps. Enough information to make it a steal for less than $15.

I think the printed version is around $20.

Comment

I remember when all games included a strategy guide for free, but back then they called it an instruction manual.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
        I remember when all games included a strategy guide for free, but back then they called it an instruction manual.

I hear ya there Kormendi..... They, as in game companies, can make more selling the manual seperately and we as the consumer just grin and buy it.
        sigpic

Comment

now a days the game comes with an install manuel and thats it....Doom95 came with the whole book....still have it!.......those where the days when you needed pateince and skill to play.....
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
            You can buy the entire E-Guide (PDF) on-line for $12.99. I purchased it the week before the retail release and it's been very helpful in becoming familar with maps. Enough information to make it a steal for less than $15.

I think the printed version is around $20.
            I just ordered it from Amazon for $15.54 including shipping.
            New to TG?

Comment

I have the printed version. Worth it, as it is very helpful when playing commander to see the names of the control points, and understand basic strategies per map.

I doubt I'll find it useful next month, however.
              |TG|MileHighAko
              |TG-7th|Ako

Commander's Log:

Comment

There's good information in there. It really illustrates some of the things we're not doing right.

For example, Karkand... MEC should spread out and be using mines to stop the advance of the USMC team at the south end of the map.. How many of us are doing that?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                  There's good information in there. It really illustrates some of the things we're not doing right.

For example, Karkand... MEC should spread out and be using mines to stop the advance of the USMC team at the south end of the map.. How many of us are doing that?
                  Yeah, it points out some very solid strategies (on both sides of the fence) that I've yet to see anybody try. BUt you really need everybody's help, for instance, as MEC on Karkand 64, right off the bat your CO should have maximum force at Hotel to stop/slow USMC from taking over the western side. Like you said, using mines here is critical to take USMC's vehicle advantage away so that your infantry can hold out while MEC's own vehicles can get there to support.

The hard part here is the preliminary coordination. The CO really needs to get most of his squads to start out on Hotel while another one brings up the vehicles. ANd the squads need to know what the plan is so they can prepare the booby traps.

Anyway, pretty good stuff in there that I'd love to try out in practice sometime. *coughprivateservercough* ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus

I've tried that before, but the time I did I was booted because people on my side were all hellbent about attacking rather than defending. Even after broadcasting to watch out for mines, they still rode over them.
                    Wasn't on a TG server though. I learned real quick.

Comment

I have the printed version. Purchased it with the game. Got me learning the basics very quick. I learned to fly the chopper with its help.

I do find the map strategies very very helpful. It also mentions type of squads there can be. Scout with a sniper and a support. Raiding squad with 2-3 SpecOps. Tank hunters with 2 anti tanks and a support. I thought they were all pretty good. Also they mentioned defense squad but no medic or support in it. Supply crates.

Anyway it is worth a lot of trips to the bathroom.

Comment

I also went out and bought this. It's actually very well done, and quite interesting. Very detailed information on every single flag on the maps.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X