No announcement yet.

What is the persistency of C4 / mines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the persistency of C4 / mines?

Has anyone tested how long C4 and mines last? Do they go beyond multiple lifetimes?

As an example:

As special forces, I lay 2 C4 charges. I die before I blow them. I respawn and lay another charge and blow it. Does just the "new" charge blow, or do my two "old" ones blow as well? If the old ones don't blow, what is the point of leaving them around? Can anything ever set them off? Do the charges just disappear when you die?

The same goes for mines- do they last a certain period of time, or do they disappear when you die? Or are they guaranteed to last till they blow?

Anyonw know?

Re: What is the persistency of C4 / mines?

They persist with your kit. So you can lay C4, die, go pick up your kit, and detonate your original C4. Your original C4 will disappear when the kit dropped by your former corpse disappears.

Unlike BF42/DC, they don't seem to ever expire. Your limit is 5 C4 (or mines).

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

Ah, that makes sense, thanks. Do you know how long your kit stays on the ground after your corpse disappears?

Comment

Thats a real good tactical question, great for Clan matches. I too would like to know this...

*Sits and waits*
        Oyee

Comment

I am guessing 20 to 30 seconds after you can no longer be revived since there is a 15 second respawn time and the kit hangs around for 5 to 10 seconds after that.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

Quick note on mine lifetimes--I constantly see them disappear after artillery barrages, which makes me think they are blown up in the barrage. If you are defending an area with an engineer, go check your mines after arty drops.

Comment

Here's another question, what happens after your supplies are restored? For example, I'm spec ops and I lay 5 mines around the flag. I then call for a supply drop on my position and refill the 5 c4 mines. If I lay these around the entrance to the base will all 10 mines blow up or just the 5 most recent?

Comment

You can only drop 5. After that, the older ones disappear.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X