Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

    Excerpt from Stavro's Extremely advanced BF2 Tactics .67, page 73, paragraph 8, subsection 2.

    "When flying a jet, let's say you have youself a f-15, you can easily take out a more nimble and dangerous fighter jet via some advanced tactics that I have personally mastered and I would like to share them with you. I suggest you master this in offline mode as many pilots will crash trying to master these tactics.

    As a larger less nimble jet you are capable of slowing down and avoiding stall speed far more deliberately than a more nimble jet, if you are lining yourself up for a bombing run and some worthless pig comes up on your rear for the quick kill shot you are given a few options (which I have personally tested).

    1. once your payload is off, immedialy hit afterburners and throttle up and break RIGHT, hugging the ground while dispensing your chaffs, then pull hard up on the stick and cut all throttle, causing your speed to dimish and your enemy to fly by you. Similar to the tactic MAVERICK used in top gun, you then stall your jet, reapply full power/afterburners and reassess your position, possible with your enemy now ahead of you, lock on, wait until flares dispensed and open fire full missle attack

    2. Your copilot can be useful here, once the enemy jet is behind you, He EJECTS from the aircraft, and engages the enemy fighter from OUTSIDE your aircraft, this has to be at a decent altitude and your BOMBER pilot has to be anti tank. When the enemy aircraft is behind you hit full afterburners, climb straight up, then the copilot JUMPS out of your aircraft, freefalls toward the enemy jet opens his cute and fires his antitank missle at the enemy jet. This will buy you enough time to bring your jet around, and open fire on the enemy jet, and even pick up your copilot (I have successfully used this tactic many times)

    3. High altitude oxygen depletion tactic - This tactic is when you just can't shake him, Full throttle full power, straight up, he will follow you trust me. When your jet stalls into the "death spin" so will his, since it's VERY likely your jet (and his) will not recover from this "death spin" towards the ground, you must eject, while you and your copilot and freefalling, it's likely he will either A) eject or B) trying to recover. If you are in situation B, you use your anti tank missle AS YOU ARE FREEFALLING to destroy his helpless spinning jet, if he ejects, you pull out your pistol and gernades and AS YOU ARE FREEFALLING engage him, since you will be above him and outnumber him chances are you will kill him. Now, if you are skilled enough you can EJECT, ENGAGE and DESTROY the enemy and REACQUIRE YOUR JET and RECOVER from the spin. This is discussed more in subsection 12 of Chapter 22 under the (ridiculously impossible situations) tagline. It's possible."

    Any questions, just shoot

    S T A V R O S

  • #2
    Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

    Originally posted by Stavros
    2. Your copilot can be useful here, once the enemy jet is behind you, He EJECTS from the aircraft, and engages the enemy fighter from OUTSIDE your aircraft, this has to be at a decent altitude and your BOMBER pilot has to be anti tank. When the enemy aircraft is behind you hit full afterburners, climb straight up, then the copilot JUMPS out of your aircraft, freefalls toward the enemy jet opens his cute and fires his antitank missle at the enemy jet. This will buy you enough time to bring your jet around, and open fire on the enemy jet, and even pick up your copilot (I have successfully used this tactic many times)

    3. High altitude oxygen depletion tactic - This tactic is when you just can't shake him, Full throttle full power, straight up, he will follow you trust me. When your jet stalls into the "death spin" so will his, since it's VERY likely your jet (and his) will not recover from this "death spin" towards the ground, you must eject, while you and your copilot and freefalling, it's likely he will either A) eject or B) trying to recover. Is you are in situation B, you use your anti tank missle AS YOU ARE FREEFALLING to destroy his helpless spinning jet, if he ejects, you pull out your pistol and gernades and ASS YOU ARE FREEFALLING engage him, since you will be above him and outnumber him chances are you will kill him. Now, if you are skilled enough you can EJECT, ENGAGE and DESTROY the enemy and REACQUIRE YOUR JET and RECOVER from the spin. This is discussed more in subsection 12 of Chapter 22 under the (ridiculously impossible situations) tagline. It's possible."
    Umm... This may be a computer game, and it certainly plays a bit fast and loose with 'realism'... but something even so minor as bunny-hopping will draw ridicule and derision from TG members. Try this obnoxious arcade crap on our servers and you will be dumped. TG focuses on emulating real world tactical combat, not Superheroes At War. Get with the program and leave the glitching/exploits on the servers where it's tolerated.




    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

      In actuality, I don't see how this is impossible, for instance. Let's look at the elements here, a flat spin is possible, and a high altitude ejection is possible, being armed with pistols is definitely in the USMC even for pilots. In real life a situation where 2 pilots have ejected and could see/engage eachother falling back to earth could possibly happen.

      Now the idea of reacquiring your jet certainly sounds pretty far fetched.. I believe that even that can be accomplished in real life. For instance, the first scene in the movie "goldeneye" James Bond jumped off a cliff on a motorcycle pursuing a falling airplane, grabbed the plane, got into the pilot seat and regained altitude narrowly avoiding a mountain. Just because it hasn't happened YET in real life, doesn't mean it's not possible.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

        It is possible to get back into your plane, I've done it before and I have the demos to prove it. It is hard to get back into the plane on some servers and easier on others.
        Screenshot

        But in real life it pretty much is impossible to get back into a jet mainly because you lose the cockpit and the seat and a good amount of the controls when one ejects
        [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
        [tg-c1]<victory

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

          Originally posted by Stavros
          Now the idea of reacquiring your jet certainly sounds pretty far fetched.. I believe that even that can be accomplished in real life. For instance, the first scene in the movie "goldeneye" James Bond jumped off a cliff on a motorcycle pursuing a falling airplane, grabbed the plane, got into the pilot seat and regained altitude narrowly avoiding a mountain.
          You're using the most wanked out, uber-character shield, fictional character ever as evidence of realism!? Haha!

          Just because it hasn't happened YET in real life, doesn't mean it's not possible.
          Yea well, monkeys could start flying out of your butt. Chances are though, it's not going to happen.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

            I am stunned that you cite a James Bond movie... a *MOVIE*... a work of *FICTION* as your rationale for such hijinks.




            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

              Yeah...

              "I saw it on TV so it must be possible!"

              I wonder how hard it would be to fly an F-35 after you've blown the canopy AND cockpit module out of the aircraft. I guess you can bring along your own 5 gallon bucket. I can picture it now.

              1) Pilot blows canopy.
              2) Ejection seat activates and departs from aircraft.
              3) Pilot takes on enemy MIG with their handy AT rocket they just happend to bring along for the flight. You know. They MIGHT have gotten bored and wanted something to play with.
              4) Pilot re-aquires aircraft and climbs back in the gaping hole that was once the cockpit.
              5) Pilot pulls 5 gallon bucket out of their fanny-pack along with a roll of duct-tape and proceeds to tape bucket on floor to sit on.
              6) Pilot proceeds to fly at supersonic speeds with the wind in their faces. Watch out for bugs!
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

                Originally posted by Mishkan
                It is possible to get back into your plane, I've done it before and I have the demos to prove it. It is hard to get back into the plane on some servers and easier on others.
                Screenshot

                But in real life it pretty much is impossible to get back into a jet mainly because you lose the cockpit and the seat and a good amount of the controls when one ejects
                I've done this too. But that was just playing around to see if I could do it. Preaching it as a tactic, and a REALISTIC one at that, is a different story alltogether.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

                  Does this guy remind anyone of our fellow TGer, Nightfire? :)

                  3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

                    I can address those issues..


                    1) Pilot blows canopy.
                    This is fine, this happens we all can agree
                    2) Ejection seat activates and departs from aircraft.
                    This also normal
                    3) Pilot takes on enemy MIG with their handy AT rocket they just happend to bring along for the flight. You know. They MIGHT have gotten bored and wanted something to play with.
                    While it may not be par for the course, there should be enough room to have an AT rocket in there, maybe just enough room for it.
                    4) Pilot re-aquires aircraft and climbs back in the gaping hole that was once the cockpit.
                    Ok, tough but possible, in theory.
                    5) Pilot pulls 5 gallon bucket out of their fanny-pack along with a roll of duct-tape and proceeds to tape bucket on floor to sit on.
                    Not necessary, they just grab the flight controls and are uncomfortable, I never said they would be in luxury the entire time.
                    6) Pilot proceeds to fly at supersonic speeds with the wind in their faces. Watch out for bugs!
                    At this point he would have to stay below 20,000 feet and slow, he would be hindred uncomfortable and unhappy, but he could do it man. He could do it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

                      He reminds me of this smelly, ugly creature that sits under bridges and collects money from people who want to pass.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

                        You realize that at that altitude and speed the flow of air over the cockpit creates a vacuum too... in otherwords screwing up everything on the inside including controls.
                        Plus antitank weapons are not standard equipment for pilots. But if you want to argue with that I guess you could fly over beside your aircraft take off a missile and activate it with an energizer battery. But thats just me
                        [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                        [tg-c1]<victory

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

                          Originally posted by Apophis
                          Yeah...

                          "I saw it on TV so it must be possible!"

                          I wonder how hard it would be to fly an F-35 after you've blown the canopy AND cockpit module out of the aircraft. I guess you can bring along your own 5 gallon bucket. I can picture it now.

                          1) Pilot blows canopy.
                          2) Ejection seat activates and departs from aircraft.
                          3) Pilot takes on enemy MIG with their handy AT rocket they just happend to bring along for the flight. You know. They MIGHT have gotten bored and wanted something to play with.
                          4) Pilot re-aquires aircraft and climbs back in the gaping hole that was once the cockpit.
                          5) Pilot pulls 5 gallon bucket out of their fanny-pack along with a roll of duct-tape and proceeds to tape bucket on floor to sit on.
                          6) Pilot proceeds to fly at supersonic speeds with the wind in their faces. Watch out for bugs!
                          now that just unrealistc.....i mean come on how many would want to carry a bucket in their fanny pack, or even want to wear a fanny pac.
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

                            Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                            now that just unrealistc.....i mean come on how many would want to carry a bucket in their fanny pack, or even want to wear a fanny pac.

                            [sarcasm]
                            Good point.. They could buy one of those big inflatable chairs and keep it rolled up in their pack and inflate it on the way down. Perfectly reasonable!
                            [/sarcasm]
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Extreme Advanced Air Tactics

                              Originally posted by micr0c0sm
                              He reminds me of this smelly, ugly creature that sits under bridges and collects money from people who want to pass.
                              Wyzcrak?

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X