Killing the wounded to prevent revive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing the wounded to prevent revive

One day I was in a squad with a support guy who would after killing someone stand over them with his SAW and continue to pump the fallen enemy with bullets.

Considering how you can go from "wounded" to "dead" (often during arty strikes the 1st hit critically wounds me, and the 2nd kills me), when possible should I to continue to shoot at downed enemies?

Re: Killing the wounded to prevent revive

If you want to waste ammo. If a medic comes running out take him out then find the SL and take him down, dont spend your time shooting wounded enemies. Just my opinion.

Comment

One thing we used to do in JO that was always effective:

After killing one or two enemy soldiers, plant C4 or a Claymore mine on the corpse. If a medic is in the area and attempts to revive them, they Claymore will take them out. C4 is also effective but require you to keep an eye on the target.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

How about killing friendly wounded to prevent revive? ^^
        Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
        [age-c1]
        [eng][air]

Comment

Originally posted by Lagomorph
          How about killing friendly wounded to prevent revive? ^^
          No.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
            One thing we used to do in JO that was always effective:

After killing one or two enemy soldiers, plant C4 or a Claymore mine on the corpse. If a medic is in the area and attempts to revive them, they Claymore will take them out. C4 is also effective but require you to keep an eye on the target.
            Oh, that's great. I'll have to keep this one in mind.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

claymore is real nice idea but I am never a sniper :(.
              When I get home people'll ask me, "Hey, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

Comment

I tried to kill a critically wounded guy. I parked my tank on him, did a couple of doughnuts, got out and then unloaded my pistol into him.

I stopped and we looked at each other and he said, "Medic!"

So I don't think it worked.

Comment

Don't they only have a few seconds to get revived? I say wait and shoot the medic if he trys anything :-)

Oh and claymores, I never once have had a positive experience with claymores. Some friendly always walks over and stands on the mine. Then gets me with a quick Nepolean Dynomite "You stupid idiot, gaawwsshh!!!" and you have been punished for TK :-(
                  "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

From what I've seen (and read on other forums concerning this, including one that had a talk with DICE), there is no way to kill a critically wounded player. When you go down, you're either critically wounded or killed. It seems to depend solely on how you were taken out, but 90% of the time you'll just be wounded. Artillery strikes tend to kill outright unless you take a glancing shot, but that's about it.
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X