Advanced Tactical Center (ATC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Tactical Center (ATC)

Was digging around the BF2 news area and came upon this cool tool to improve the tactical/squad organization of the game:

ATC for BF2

I'm gonna DL this and test it out on the server, might be a good thing to have.
    Last edited by Bommando; 07-05-2006, 09:23 PM.

Re: **Advanced Tactical Center** (ATC)

There have been several threads about the ATC. I'm going to sticky this one for a while and make this the official thread about it.

For some clarification, this is not an in-game tool. It's primary purpose seems to be for clans who would like to plan out a strategy prior to jumping onto a server. However, this tool may work great for our players here who would like to come up with strategies or document strategies that have worked for them... and then make them available to the rest of the community.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Ya, that would be really cool if we could do something like this during loading, the SL/Co plans it out, and while we get a discription of the map we can see what the SL/Co has for us to offer...

Co orders Squad, SL orders members to specific areas...

Cool asch, we hit the post button at the same time!!!
      Oyee

Comment

So I installed ATC the other day and took a map and placed the positions of all the tanks, artillary, planes, SAM, etc. on it (for 32 and 64 player). It gives an interesting strategic overview- you quickly see that some bases are far more valuable in terms of hardware than others. It's a cool app worth taking a look at for brainstorming strategies etc.

It's not for in-game use though, as has been mentioned, but fun to get a few guys around a map and argue strategy and tactics.

Comment

Kedge, what is the output of the ATC tool? Does it create movies or screenshots that could be shared online?
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

I have not seen a movie export, but it will export .png.

I converted this to .jpg. It's quick and dirty so forgive how rough it is. There are a lot more things that I could have added, like squad movement etc.

I'd like to go through and do all the maps for asset location once I get time. It's an interesting little tool actually.

Edit: Actually another cool thing you can do with it is add the names of the flags, which I have done here as well.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Kedge; 07-07-2005, 12:35 PM.

Comment

that's pretty cool. we definitely need to have a sticky thread with detailed jpgs of all maps' bases and their assets. i can see that adding a lot of value and cohesiveness to the gameplay here.
              Beatnik

Comment

And if you happen to have a POS laptop on the desk next to you like I do, it's a good reference, and easier than hanging a dry-erase board above your monitor. Not that...I've ever done that or anything. I mean, how lame would you have to be to get *that* into a game? *simper* heh One of the groups (we don't like the word clan, pfft.) I play with uses ATC quite a bit before matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Levi
                  And if you happen to have a POS laptop on the desk next to you like I do, it's a good reference, and easier than hanging a dry-erase board above your monitor. Not that...I've ever done that or anything. I mean, how lame would you have to be to get *that* into a game? *simper* heh One of the groups (we don't like the word clan, pfft.) I play with uses ATC quite a bit before matches.
                  Oddly enough, back in the OLD Ghost Recon days, many of the 42nd would have printouts of all the maps in binders with dry-erase sleeves or somesuch for this very purpose. :-)
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I posted this before but I figured I should post it here too. MEC defensive strategy.

Comment

I have made a couple of Karkand.

Hear ye, of the dragon, Smoke is his name.
                      Solely surviving the fires,
                      and sad and angry he became.
                      Until his angre became dismay,
                      as the elders sent him away.

Now we can hear his wings, once a year,
                      And, his empty cry we fear.
                      Sad old Smoke, out there in the rain,
                      We can feel your suffering, we can feel your pain.

Comment

A few tactics that worked for me in the past.

Last edited by Ol'Smoke; 08-07-2005, 08:16 AM.
                        Hear ye, of the dragon, Smoke is his name.
                        Solely surviving the fires,
                        and sad and angry he became.
                        Until his angre became dismay,
                        as the elders sent him away.

Now we can hear his wings, once a year,
                        And, his empty cry we fear.
                        Sad old Smoke, out there in the rain,
                        We can feel your suffering, we can feel your pain.

Comment

Here my tactic for Karkand:

Let me know what you think.

I want a defensive homefront that protects the east with 2 squads. Too often have USMC squads snug by the south of the 'island' and taken the MEC main. Of course the waterfront with the ford and the bridge has to be defended. I think leaving the vehicles in the main is a loss, so assigning SMs to spawn and drive them into the main action sounds like an idea to me.

There is also the attack on the eastern flank towards the suburb that can be headed off nicely to protect the rear.

If the forward defense of 3-6 can then move back slowly and keep everything watertight the infidels should have no chance.

It would be necessary to set that up in the 90s before the game starts with the SLs. Otherwise the US take the suburb and things get messy as they push for the bridge and the ford.

I am totally missing the finer points like luring the enemy into a chokepoint where they can by shelled to pieces, but this is for the pro bommanders (I don't want to sound sassy here). In addition 6 squads comes to 36 players. Hmm. So there would be less players per squad or one squad less in the western MEC defense.

Comment

w0w cool stratigie :D
                            but hwo do i active it :(

Comment

Admittedly I am not good with ATC. When you have a tactic and Export it/save it, I am running into an issue. ATC is saving the changes I make, but not the background. How do I capture both the scribbles I make on a map and the background map/flag point?

Thanks!

Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...