Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Combat Skills

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...-06-11/ch3.htm

Sorry to keep spamming all these training manuals, but jeeze, it's much easier to just link then to do an entire re-write that doesn't bore someone to tears.

*note to fellow public server players---notice "bunny hop" isn't included in this FM?

Re: Urban Combat Skills

Those things are helpful. The one about pie-ing the corner is a good tip, but anyone wary of FPS games knew that. The only problem with em is a lot of the things covered aren't used in game. Interesting read if your into that stuff though, and thanks for posting.

Edit : I just read on, and it is very helpful. When I got to rappeling ropes and climbing through windows I thought it would continue on like this. There is a lot of helpful information about clearing rooms and moving as a squad. Good stuff!

Comment

The only problem with em is a lot of the things covered aren't used in game.
      I'd like to see urban maps with destructible walls so that you can create new entrances into buildings with tank rounds, C4, etc.

I do so like the globalsecurity reposts, I just wish they had a "print version" button on their site. :D

Comment

Originally posted by duckilama
        I'd like to see urban maps with destructible walls so that you can create new entrances...
        I took a wrong turn in an APC on the map "Strike At Karkland" and went right through a wooden fence, and the tank following in hot persuit got stuck trying to pull it off.
        I'm wondering how many destructible objects are actually on maps that can be used for access points. Looks like another project! ;)

Comment

I'd like to see urban maps with destructible walls so that you can create new entrances into buildings with tank rounds, C4, etc.
          Careful there - you'll set off the human rights activists with your talk of mouseholing ;)

Comment

Totally off topic so delete if necessary...

"This is no sh!t, I was there..." (I'm told that is how all true military yarns begin.) Actually, I wasn't, but I have a friend who was a marksmanship instructor in the Marines who told me this true story.

Marines actually pride themselves on following orders so completely and literally that unintended consequences occur. One of my friend's best students (recruit) who was ace-ing the KD (known distance) shooting course suddenly had a 80% drop in score (not qualifying). After trying all sorts of position, hold, sight, and every other change in the book my friend still could not get this recruit's hits out of the "C" zone on the targets.

Frustrated, he screamed at the recruit that all he needed to do was get his hits into the "C" zone. Then my friend thought for a second and very quietly said, "Son, the C-zone includes the A-zone." The recruit shot the remaining quals clean (perfectly).

The recruit was told he needed to hit the C-zone to qualify so he was very carefully avoiding shooting the bullseye, A-zone and B-zone and only aiming for the C-zone (the periphery of the target).

The reason I bring this up is that figure 3-16 states "Enter only after grenade has been thrown in." It should read "Enter only after grenade has been thrown in...and detonated." Think of me when you have your first TK while practicing this with your squad/clan.

Hope this helps. Cheers,

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...