Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snipers, post your tips!

this one's from sephsmokey -

"stay the hell out of the cranes and towers because they are the first place someone will expect you to be. stay on the ground, find a spot where you have cover to at least one side and a hill behind you. never sit on top of a hill unless there is another hill behind it, this is called skylining, and it is the downfall of most snipers"

a few questions, btw:

as a sniper, do you -

a. follow some people into a shootout and then just hang back and shoot enemies from afar; or
    b. stay and defend a flag and snipe at people trying to capture that flag

thanks!

Re: snipers, post your tips!

It depends on what my squad needs me to do. If we're on defense then I'm going to find a nice hole and let them know what coming their way. If we're on offense, well actually I do pretty much the same thing. I stick with my squad or atleast nearby.

Comment

as a awesome sniper in this game,, i generally run ahead of my squad or get high....always telliing them where i am..spoting

now for shotting wait until the name show up then shoot...hold the trigger until a green X appears..then reload and shoot again if needed

ne thing else just ask
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Depends on what squad/commander wants me to do. But if I'm given some freedom then I'll try to distance myself from the rest of my squad and provide surveillance.

Sometimes I'll stay behind and snipe at enemy infantry capping/spawning @ a flag in hopes of getting them to try to pursue me. Hopefully they run into a claymore and a medic is nearby to revive them. Then snipe the medic :)

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Anyone figure out where to properly aim with the MEC sniper? I'm an awesome killing machine with the US sniper, but completely suck with the MEC. I can't figure the aiming out.
          Telorn

Comment

for that mec gun i just keep shooting until i hit the target..i dont like it at all..but its nice that its semi auto..that about it.

the barret 50 is so below its opperating specs its a joke also....it should be able to one shot kill anywhere....and take down armour..
            -Vulcan

Comment

I'd rather have a single shot accurate sniper (US) than an inaccurate semi-auto rifle (MEC)
              Telorn

Comment

agreed.....im getting good at the M24....ask tempus and rince
                -Vulcan

Comment

I take people down with single shots from the M24 all the time.
                  Telorn

Comment

I shoot and move. If on a roof or tank etc. Shoot once then backup so they can't see u.

When defending get high and spot for the team. Give map points like, bad guys coming from the north.
                    The Old Guy
                    kin3
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                      as a awesome sniper in this game,,
                      And a modest one...LOL
                      [FDB]Raub

Comment

sorry i dont usually brag or toot my own horn....my apologizes....
                        -Vulcan

Comment

I don't know about the whole "you need cover" tip. Whenever I play sniper, I don't intend on being spotted and, consequently, being shot at, so cover isn't really much of an issue. Obvious forms of cover, such as trees and rocks, are usually the first places a person looks for enemies (unsurprisingly, they are also the first objects to draw a person's attention). That far too easily gives up your position. For me, it's all about remaining unseen. If you've been spotted, it's time to move. Most weapons will have a really hard time hitting you at extreme ranges, so you can get up and run like hell rather easily. Another reason cover isn't that much of an issue: if a hidden enemy sniper spots you, you're probably dead in a second or two anyway (easy headshot), cover or no.

I usually go prone in some grass or bushes (avoiding a background that will silhouette me) and wait... Patience is definitely the mark of a sniper. Always, always, always wait for a good shot! I can't stress this enough. Don't take a shot if you think you'll miss -- this will only make it easier for the enemy to locate you. For example, if you see someone sprinting, wait a bit... their stamina will eventually reach zero and they'll begin to move a lot slower. Predict where they'll be in 1-2 seconds, move your crosshairs to that position, and fire they move into your crosshairs. One of the most important things to remember is that you don't need to shoot and kill everybody you see. Again, patience!

The M24 is definitely the single best sniper rifle in the game, with the barrett coming in a close second. The semi-automatic ones are horrible! One shot from one location is a lot harder to localize than multiple shots from one location. 95 damage per shot is also a lot better than 45 damage per shot.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
                          - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

The MEC and Chinese sniper rifles seem to have a more pronounced bullet drop than the M24. You'll have to aim a few pixels over their head and/or in front of them.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

There is NO bullet drop in BF2. People have checked the coding. You do have to lead the target. The sniper rifles have "cones" of fire just like any other weapon, their just much smaller. The cones may account for what you see as bullet drop.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X