UCB "Camping"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCB "Camping"

I know that camping the UCB's is prohibited by the server rules, I enjoy this rule myself, but I have a question about a specific circumstance. If say one team is able to force the opposing team back to their UCB and is controlling every other CP on the map, is it a violation of this rule to set up a siege of the UCB surrounding it with armor and infantry and denying access to the rest of the map? I mean if a situation like this occurred in real life i dont think anyone would think twice about containing the enemy within a single base. I know this would be aggrivating so anyone on the opposing team, but they did manage to get themselves nailed into a coffin so its their own fault really.

Re: UCB "Camping"

Chokepoints outside of a UCB are perfectly viable spots to set up shop. C4, mine, and camp to your heart's content.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Re: UCB &quot;Camping&quot;

I think the point is, you can't camp their spawn point and blow them up the minute they spawn. You can be around the base and around their vehicles. Just don't crowd their spawn and fire on them immediately.
      Telorn

Comment

As long as you are outside of their UCB and not camping their actual UCB spawn points, you'll be okay. I tend to set up ambush points on the roads leading away from their UCB in hidden locations. I'm not firing INTO their UCB, but I'm certainly preventing anything from getting out.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

ash updated the rules and i think they say its okay to destroy there arty and UAV stuff but not to just spawn Rape....let them get cover and know your there before you kill.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

And place C4 on their tanks and wait for them to hop in.
            Telorn

Comment

That's not spawn camping.

From the SOP:

Spawn Camping
              On our BF2 server, spawn camping is not permitted.

"Spawn camping" requires a certain INTENT. To spawn camp, it must be your INTENT to EXPLOIT a player's post-spawn lack of orientation while attacking that player. You are sitting (camp), waiting to attack a player immediately after he enters gameplay (spawn). This is spawn camping, and it is not allowed on Tactical Gamer's BF2 server.

Now, some people hear "no spawn camping" and take that to mean that they're not to be in the opposition's UCB at all. This is not the case on our BF2 server.

UCB Assaults
              Players acting within their commander's authorization MAY attack structures and vehicles within the enemy UCB. These attackers may also STAY in the opposition's UCB to make sure the destroyed tech STAYS destroyed. It is the responsibility of the commander to determine if maintaining an assault on the enemy UCB is tactically viable and strategically advisable.

It is the responsibility of the team which owns the UCB to play the necessary defense to remove the attack from their UCB, even if it means pulling soldiers, or even squads, out of the field of battle and "back to base."

Comment

I like the idea of having spec ops sitting on the enemy's art guns or radar. Can be very effective agains a CO that does not proctect his assets or does not keep a squad close to home.

Comment

You don't even have to leave the UCB at all, if you're there to keep tech destroyed.

From the rules (Rizzo quoted it above):
                  Players acting within their commander's authorization MAY attack structures and vehicles within the enemy UCB. These attackers may also STAY in the opposition's UCB to make sure the destroyed tech STAYS destroyed.
                  You'll not that, at no time, for any reason, may you spawn camp in the UCB... but that doesn't mean you have to leave the UCB.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Three quick question on rules of engagement in UCB's. These all assume a Spec Ops team whose primary motivation is to destroy tech assets.

- Can Spec Ops defend themselves if fired upon first?
                    - Can Spec Ops steal a vehicle to evac themselves out of the UCB?
                    - Can Spec Ops engage enemy forces that attempt to repair tech assets?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kedge
                      Three quick question on rules of engagement in UCB's. These all assume a Spec Ops team whose primary motivation is to destroy tech assets.

Thanks
                      I would say "Yes" to all of those scenarios. With #3 you just want to make sure you're not shooting enemies as they spawn but they're fair game once they make the decision to repair the downed assets.

Comment

Originally posted by Kedge
                        Yes, yes, and yes.

It's pretty straightforward, when you think about it:

Follow your CO's orders and don't spawn camp. The UCB ain't nuthin' butta thang.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The worst are the guys who circle around the carrier on the map where it is the USMC's UCB and blowing the aircraft off the deck, or as soon as they get in the air.
                          [FDB]Raub

Comment

Originally posted by Raub
                            The worst are the guys who circle around the carrier on the map where it is the USMC's UCB and blowing the aircraft off the deck, or as soon as they get in the air.
                            This is the type of activity that would get them kicked quickly if I caught them doing it.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                              This is the type of activity that would get them kicked quickly if I caught them doing it.
                              Really? NOT arguing here Apophis, but if you can strafe and eliminate the enemies planes on the deck...you can GREATLY handicap the US forces. Wouldn't that be a valid tactic in an actual battle? (it's not like the carrier is defenseless...isn't there a big a** AA gun on the deck?) It seems that the United States carrier is one of it's greatest assets....MEC/Chinese forces almost have to attack it. (Especially considering the dmg those BH's do!) MEC/Chinese airbases are constantly under attack by land AND air units!!! seems like a big disadvantage not to attack it.

Dirt013

Point is moot...i can't fly for ****e. Just curious! :)
                              Dirt013

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X