Destroying Armor with each class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroying Armor with each class

What is the best way to destroy armor (tanks, apc, etc) with each class? And how much does it take (2 c4, 2 AT rounds, etc)? For example, how do you kill APC's with the assault class?

Re: Destroying Armor with each class

I believe most vehicles are taken down with 1 C4 pack, 3 AT rockets, 4+ Assault granade launches, and most likely 4+ regular grenades.

Ive done serious damage with the Support classe's SAW, but havent actually seen any kind of indication as to what specific damage I was doing (just shot teh hell out of a helo and it started smoking, so that was a good sign).

Vehicles do have specific "Weak spots", like the back of tanks I believe, and underneath. Ive also read that the helos rotors are particularly weak as well.

Your best bet is to load up a Multiplayer LAN match, and run around by yourself blowing stuff up. Ive done this for hours and surprisingly its alot of fun. Helps you to learn alot too!

Comment

Tanks require 2 C4 charges. When using AT, it's 4 at the front, 3 at the sides, 2 for the back, front/back treads and top of the turret. It's best to hit it in the treads, not the side though. I've never tested it with APC's.

Small arms won't do much to armor. The support gun can do some damage to helos but armored ground vehicles are completely protected. Grenades do some damage but are much more effective against soft vehicles. The assault's GL can do a bit more but it's better to wait for AT or C4 if it's a tank or APC.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by captain
        What is the best way to destroy armor (tanks, apc, etc) with each class? And how much does it take (2 c4, 2 AT rounds, etc)? For example, how do you kill APC's with the assault class?
        Welcome to tg, captain! please read the BF2 rules, announcments and SOP's in my sig.

i take out jeeps with 1 at hit every time. sometimes its 2 when i hit the ground near it instead of the jeep itself. tanks take 3 at hits from the front, 2 from behind.

Comment

Im always a medic and i can't do even the smallest bit of damage on a ground unit :(.
          When I get home people'll ask me, "Hey, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

Comment

GL's from Assault can kill buggies in 1-2 direct hits.

Comment

Tip from a driver: If your squad has no anti-vehicle capabilities (AT, SpecOps, Engineer), think carefully before you choose to use hand grenades. While you can do some serious damage to unarmored vehicles, you're just going to alert the tank/APC driver to your presence. Grenades make a very particular sound, so the driver will become aware that there's hostile infantry in the area that probably doesn't have AV capability. I don't know how many times i've been driving around when some Rambo type tries to take me out with his 4 hand grenades... That usually just results in a +1 for my kills score.

If you're in a squad of 6 that's so well-coordinated you're all going to grenade at once, then you've got something to think about, but a grenade takes a sliver of an armored vehicle's health meter, so a solo grenadier isn't going to take out a tank unless it's smoking.

The worst thing about alerting hostile vehicles to infantry presence is that you're taking away the element of surprise, which might just allow the specop guy to sneak up to the tank and demo it, or the engineer to sprinkles mines.

In the field, just prone and wait for the armor to pass you by, lighting it up like a christmas tree so your pilots can hopefully take advantage. If the armor is capping your flag, smartest thing to do is just wait for it to cap and move on before you re-cap.

Comment

An effective and VERY satisfying way to kill armor is use spec ops and assualt in tandem. Assault lobs smoke and spec ops plants c4! BOOM. Done this with much success. Takes some coordination via SL or your mate. I've seen engrs plant mines like this, too. But I rarely play engr so don;t know how well it works.

Be warned: smart tank drivers will be backing up and turning to run over engrs and spec ops doing just this. Or just trying to drive out of the smoke. So head for the side of the tank.

For squads w/o AT, it's a useful tactic.
                Cheers,
                Rico
                RicoNoSuave = |TG-42nd|Rico = Rico_SC = [ge]Rico = Rico = MostlyHarmless
                "She's drunk enough when she's sober." -Richard Julien

Comment

The SAW can easily bring down an attack helo ... with basically one full ammo pack, or roughly two overheats.

Comment

AT Missiles can be guided, so just aim right, guide it a little bit if its close, guide it more if its further away. NEVER keep firing from the same position, if the tank is very close, just fire at it and MOVE.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                    BF2142 Names:
                    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Alright maybe someone can help me out here. I wuz playing Strike at Kirkland and some high ranked person in bf2 wuz in a tank just barely in sight, and i wuz in a tank. He shot at me and blew my BRAND new tank up in 1 Single shot!!! He hit me in the front somewhere. This also happened to me another time when i wuz playing Hard Bots on a 16 player map.

Does anyone know where this weak point is???

Comment

The front part of the treads (the things around the tracks for the newbies :P) are a weak spot, if you can get a single c4 or 2 AT missiles there its all over for the tank.

I also have one question, why do AT mines not explode if you drop it and a tank drives over it about 2 to 3 seconds later? There seems to be a delay.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                        BF2142 Names:
                        Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                        Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                        Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                        Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Sorta off topic, but I've been getting one shot killed by APCs and tanks while in a tank with all its armor sometimes. How is this possibe? These are head on battles so it's not a rear shot... where should I be aiming to get the most effective shot from my tank?
                          Never lock the dogs when the wolf is in the darkness.
                          [age-c1][conduct]

Comment

Like Thierry said, during a front on attack the front part of the tread is most vulnerable.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Did some experimenting on this on an empty Karkand map last night and pretty much confirmed what's been said here. 2 AT rounds into the front tread=dead tank. Front tread seems to register the same as a hit on the rear. Or 1 TOW missle in the same spot, otherwise it's 2 TOW's from the front. I wasn't able to do the same thing with the wheeled APC. I may not have found the right spot to hit it though.

Also, on anything other than a jeep/humvee, save your grenades, hide, and wait for the tank to leave or be destroyed. Even getting the grenades underneath the back of the tank did so little damage it wasn't worth the risk. The exception I think would be when you're in a very good spot of cover. Then I would do it just to get the tanks attention and get him to turn the turret toward me. Then I wait for one of my teammates to blindside it while the tank jockey waits for me to stick my head out. And what is quite possibly the dumbest thing to do as the tank driver is get out or your tank to come kill me. I've gotten too many free tanks this way.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X