How to Defend Karkland!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Defend Karkland!

Ive played as the Mec side on Strike at Karkand a few times. Only one time when Tempus was commander did we win. BECAUSE HE DEFENDED THE EAST SIDE OF THE MAP!! You do not know how frustrating it is when you are in a squad and you see everyone leave the east coast just to have the US side go take you main base and half the island then you have to try to take it back which is about impossible. Here is what I came up with.Tell me what you think about this strategy.

EDIT: KARKAND got it, dont know how I missed it, its right on the picture :)
    Last edited by Turbo; 07-12-2005, 09:47 AM.

Re: How to Defend Karkland!

after a quick glance, I can see no problem in your nice plan as long as squad number 4 can easily defend against armor attack coming between 5 and 6.

the biggest problem in these plans is the reluctance of squads to stay at defence.

if 4, 5 and 6 do a great job, especially 1 will hardly see any action. in a world where scores, stats and medals are very important, it is hard to find such volunteers.

COs, dont hesitate to assign "C-TEAM" for such missions if you come across my squad in your game :)

Comment

I was playing karkland last night and the USMC only had 2 CP's but the MEC were losing tickets like crazy... is that normal???

Comment

roflmao. fuddy duddy. i havent heard that saying is ages. as for the map... i believe, theoretically, it is very good, but as it was mentioned, people arent gunna hang around at the back of the map waiting for the action to come to them (unless your a sniper of coarse lolololol). Its just really hard finding such patient players who are willing to work for the WHOLE team, not just their squad.

Comment

I commanded it last night (MEC) to a loss. You definitely have to hold the east side. Specifically, you CANNOT lose the eastern most flag. Once USMC digs in there they are impossible to push out.

If I had to do it again, I'd put two squads in the east. One of your best toward the south/southeast and one toward the west to hold the bridge. I'd forward deploy the other squads in the far south on the west side.

If you can get engies to mine up the approaches to the city, you can do wonders. It'll help hold back USMC armor pushing for a blitzkrieg.

Batknight

Comment

Originally posted by pudd9
            roflmao. fuddy duddy. i havent heard that saying is ages. as for the map... i believe, theoretically, it is very good, but as it was mentioned, people arent gunna hang around at the back of the map waiting for the action to come to them (unless your a sniper of coarse lolololol). Its just really hard finding such patient players who are willing to work for the WHOLE team, not just their squad.
            I have covered the east side a few times now. I did this once in squad with Telorn, Kedgel and RonnieRaygun, and we had several encounters. This happens because the main defense near the USMC forces isn't structured well enough, so we got regular encounters (to be frank, it took some minutes for the USMC to force the MEC back, but when the USMC sunk in...). I think this is a common scenario, so I encourage players to try and go for that east side defense tactic and experience a challenging task, and I think most players would want to stick with you - unless the squads working the frontline are extraordinary well playing, which is hardly the case - yet.

About your strategy: I agree, holding east point is vital. The least obvious place to cover is the southern part of that. The most obvious is the bridge. Be careful about the bridge, IMHO, since a blow bridge isolates a tank a.o. vehicles. At least keep it in mind.
            I am not sure, and probably not that good a strategist or tactist (do you say that in egnlish?), but I would keep the front squads a bit closer to each other, despite the fear of enemy troops moving around your squads...
            - delanvital
            Play hard, play proud, play TG!

Comment

I was thinking at the start of that round pull all forces to the front.. and make a line right there... As long as those streets are secure they cannot cross right?

May be there can be one squad doing the dirty work in the background bringing in tanks, and APCs to the front and cleaning up squads who sneaked through...

Comment

That east side of the canal is definitely important. Defending the bridge is easy but MEC has to look out for swimmers south of the bridge. Once USMC digs in on the east side, it gets harder to defend. Last night, MEC did win by attrition because USMC just couldn't take that last main base flag.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Batknight23
                  I commanded it last night (MEC) to a loss. You definitely have to hold the east side. Specifically, you CANNOT lose the eastern most flag. Once USMC digs in there they are impossible to push out.
                  Not impossible to push out, but it's really hard. You did the right thing in trying to send flankers around the far south/east side, but I was expecting that and had part of my squad watching that direction most of the time (although maybe I'm talking about a different game where you weren't commander).

Two nights ago we played this map and I was MEC. I had my squad line up in squad 1's position on the above map (I think we were even squad 1), and we held it down until the west bridge fell. Once that went down, there were too many troops too close for us to hold off (about half the MEC side went on the offensive instead of defensive after this for some reason).

It's very important to hold the east river bank though; enemy squads try to cross it all the time.
                  [squadl]
                  "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by |=V=| B [Ssgt]
                    I was thinking at the start of that round pull all forces to the front.. and make a line right there... As long as those streets are secure they cannot cross right?
                    Problem with this is that all it takes is for one jeep to make it through, and the front line strategy is shot. When I played last night, the MEC had a huge front line that stopped my squad on foot. Well, I then grabbed an APC and basically floored it; I drove right through the middle of enemy troops without stopping to engage, and made it all the way to the MEC main base.
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I think the whole key to the map is the east coast. If you can prevent the US from taking the east coast then you have four flags and all you need is one more to beat them out. You can do whatever you want with all the other squads just please have people defend the east and you will win this map.

Comment

Blowing the bridge and putting AT mines on the ramp and claymore mines on the access ladders on the east island makes it much harder to access without having to have a squad dedicated to just watching the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                          Problem with this is that all it takes is for one jeep to make it through, and the front line strategy is shot. When I played last night, the MEC had a huge front line that stopped my squad on foot. Well, I then grabbed an APC and basically floored it; I drove right through the middle of enemy troops without stopping to engage, and made it all the way to the MEC main base.
                          Yes you did, I got you once with a rocket but that wasn't enough to take you down if you had hit another squad before you crossed the land bridge that one rocket might of stopped you, you usually need more than one squad to protect the east to win because he drove right by us and their was no stopping him. Then it was impossible to take the main base back.

Comment

nice work Turbo maybe we should get a few guys to join the private server and just make defensive strategies then sticky them in here so others can see what we got....ne takers ?!
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Im up for that anytime, I heard you on their last night but I had to go to work early so I couldn't join you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X