This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-Team Barrack

I decided to start a mini-project. I am sure we have different types of squad structures and profiles within TG community. Here is the information on squad "C-Team". This might help community members to have an idea on squads and their structures/organization before they join them.

MEETING TIME
    ----------------
    1000 pm 0100 am EST

SQUAD PROFILE
    -------------------
    - Confidence in squad leader and following orders. This is key for organization and coordination
    - Freedom to suggest rules, procedures and tactics
    - Friendly, kind and supportive members
    - Adults or mature players at any age
    - Primary objective is organized teamwork and applying military tactics NOT winning the game or high score

SQUAD STRUCTURE
    ----------------------

Infantry Fire Teams:
    - Alpha: assault, anti-armor, support
    - Bravo: assault, special forces
    - Squad Leader: medic

Mobile/Armor Teams: (will be updated)

MISSION PREFERENCE
    -------------------------
    - Attack or Defence missions as infantry squad

BASIC PROCEDURES (Will be updated soon)
    -------------------------------------------------
    - Start Up and Briefing
    - Maneuver
    - Attack
    - Defense

Re: C-Team Barrack

I'll be there sometime this evening. Which server will you be on?
    [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
    TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Comment

Yea, where is this going to be?
      Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I guess it depends on where we can find slots. please check both public servers for my name...

see you there folks, we have a lot to practice tonight :)

Comment

I'll endeavour to make it. Hopefully there's an assault role available; I've become aware that I function best as a basic rifleman.
          |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

SL John CANavar's Report
            Date: 07/12/05

- Today there were both new and old faces in our squad and all members did a great job in both attack and defend missions. You guys deserved a big kudos ! there were moments that I thought we lost the flag after very concentrated enemy attacks but you miraculously saved the day...

I salute following members for their teamwork, coordination and skills (I hope I didnt forget a name):

Dubbstown
            GM_Custom
            Ickyp
            Scratchy69
            Stavros
            TG|Mannerism

what didnt work:

- I couldnt use the fire teams effectively. even the assignment was a problem. one of the reason it failed is due to the big chinese maps we played. Infantry tactics dont work very well on these. there were other important reasons such as squad dynamics.

- some new players joining the squad usually have no idea what is going on, some other new members quickly get the idea and participate. the best gameplay experience can only be achieved if we can bring together members who are familiar with C-Team procedures.

- squad dynamics: even if you assign roles and teams, you may suddenly lose half of your members during the game or after a round. then you have to start from the scratch, make all explanations again for the new members. this is very frustrating. I have to find a way to sustain a squad of 6 over 2 hours for a good gaming experience. in this was we can make all assignments in the beginning of each game only once. It would be great if we can fix a day and time with TG members who know the structure and functioning of C-Team.

- maps: I need check all maps and think of map-specific squad types/tactics. I realized that most of the plans I made so far was for city maps/infantry squad (I mostly enjoy playing that). Big maps like Kubra Dam requires a squad of mobile/armor units replacing the infantry. I dont enjoy this as much as infantry but there is nothing much to be done.

- transportation problem: I realized that I wasnt ready for a quick transportation/evacuation procedure. It is my responsibility to be sure not a single squad member is left behind. I should be prepared for this next time. I hate to leave someone behind...

Comment

I tried to make it on time, but you seemed to be gone by the time I made it. Hopefully, I can catch you guys tonight.

Comment

Can, I never heard back from you in e-mail, so I thought I'd look you up on here. Things seem much more active here at TG -- looks like a cool gang to play with. I'd like to get in on the action with your squad. As you know, I'm usually on Monday and Thursday nights. Are you planning to set up regular nights to play your squad? It might help your plan to get a regular group involved each time.....

Also, I can actually access these forums at work (for the time being, at least), so that helps.

Comment

hey Strag !

folks let me introduce one of my BF2 buddies, Strag. welcome to the squad !

I replied your email last night or this morning but you know the problem between university mail server and hotmail, I might have mentioned this before. so you'll probably get my email with a delay...

to set days and time is a very good idea for keeping a regular group. Mon and Thu is ok with me if other interested "potential" regulars also agree. rest of the week would be optional.

Comment

hey Hawtalta,

I guess I'll be on for a relatively short time tonight (~1 hr) around 1100 pm EST. hope to see you tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar
                      what didnt work:

- I couldnt use the fire teams effectively. even the assignment was a problem. one of the reason it failed is due to the big chinese maps we played. Infantry tactics dont work very well on these. there were other important reasons such as squad dynamics.
                      I find that on the big open maps with oodles of vehicles and aircraft, being a ground squad is a lesson in futility. I hate these maps. HATE HATE HATE HATE! I usually just request defense orders and put 3-4 guys on AT.

- some new players joining the squad usually have no idea what is going on, some other new members quickly get the idea and participate. the best gameplay experience can only be achieved if we can bring together members who are familiar with C-Team procedures.

- squad dynamics: even if you assign roles and teams, you may suddenly lose half of your members during the game or after a round. then you have to start from the scratch, make all explanations again for the new members. this is very frustrating. I have to find a way to sustain a squad of 6 over 2 hours for a good gaming experience. in this was we can make all assignments in the beginning of each game only once. It would be great if we can fix a day and time with TG members who know the structure and functioning of C-Team.
                      The more TG'ers we can get, the better. This is going to take time, of course...

- maps: I need check all maps and think of map-specific squad types/tactics. I realized that most of the plans I made so far was for city maps/infantry squad (I mostly enjoy playing that).
                      Agreed. This is where a bit of practice on the private server would come in handy. To get familiarized with the lay of the land and have a plan from the get-go.

Big maps like Kubra Dam requires a squad of mobile/armor units replacing the infantry. I dont enjoy this as much as infantry but there is nothing much to be done.
                      Same here. Infantry battles are sooooooooooo much more interesting and satisfying, IMHO.

- transportation problem: I realized that I wasnt ready for a quick transportation/evacuation procedure. It is my responsibility to be sure not a single squad member is left behind. I should be prepared for this next time. I hate to leave someone behind...
                      Partially the game's fault for giving us only 5 seats in the armored transport vehicles. I think it's a cruel joke and the BF2 devs are ROFL over it. Bastids. :icon11:

Comment

SL John CANavar's Report
                        Date: 07/12/05

- Today there were both new and old faces in our squad and all members did a great job in both attack and defend missions. You guys deserved a big kudos ! there were moments that I thought we lost the flag after very concentrated enemy attacks but you miraculously saved the day...
                        Hey Canavar, that was tons of fun. I specifically sought out a spot on your squad because I had seen your posts here before and it is exactly the type of play I enjoy (TG-style, really). The squad mix was perfect. We made lots of people regret trying to take ground we held.

Just tell new people what kits you want and ask them to follow along as best they can. That's how I learned when I joined and it only took a few CP attacks before I felt like the squad was moving as one.

- maps: I need check all maps and think of map-specific squad types/tactics. I realized that most of the plans I made so far was for city maps/infantry squad (I mostly enjoy playing that). Big maps like Kubra Dam requires a squad of mobile/armor units replacing the infantry. I dont enjoy this as much as infantry but there is nothing much to be done.
                        I think the tactics should be CP-specific. When a CO tells you to attack or defend a CP, you should know the best way to do those things for, ideally, every CP in the game.

Look forward to playing with you and other like-minded squad leaders in the future.

icky
                        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

to set days and time is a very good idea for keeping a regular group. Mon and Thu is ok with me if other interested "potential" regulars also agree. rest of the week would be optional.

I am VERY interested in participating in this....i'm also off Mon & Thur!!!

Sign me up if possible.

Dirt013

(see my profile for e-mail addy)
                          Dirt013

Comment

Why don't we just make this like a clan or sorts?

Comment

SL John CANavar's Report
                              Date: 07/13/05

Where was my mojo?
                              ------------------------

Nothing much to be said about tonight :( I was very tired when I got home. all I wanted was a bit BF2 fun and I was just going to follow orders in a good squad. I joined the 64-players server and checked the squads. almost all of them were full. I found one and joined, but squad leader was AFK !

well, reluctantly, I started the C-Team. I had no plans or agenda for today and was hoping my mojo to lead the way as the SL. But when my exhausted mind needed it most, traitor mojo was not there !

I was very slow in giving orders, disoriented, was not able to watch the map closely, TK'ed sqaud and team members, even accused of turning my back to squad (while I was trying to direct them to the primary objective). It was a nightmare :(

I sucked ! This was a good lesson. If you are not in the mood, dont expect your mojo to save the day...

Thanks for the supporting regular/new members of the C-Team in today's game and I am sorry for not being able to do a good job folks. Hope to see much better days...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X