Where are all the VOIP Talkers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the VOIP Talkers?

I have been playing Battlefield 2 for several weeks now and only once have I heard someone for a brief second... Where are all the talkers that I've been reading about? I think it would be so cool to talk with other members in my squad and squad leader but I don't hear them... is there a special place because I visit most of the servers that have every icon listed and other than typing, it's quiet... My settings are setup and correct to have VOIP (I also have broadband) but it's too quiet.

Please let me know...

Anxiously waiting for a crackle on my radio...

Lakota

" Do you know that the Chain Of Command Is? It's the chain I BEAT YOU WITH until you learn who's in charge!" - Jayne - FIREFLY

Re: Where are all the VOIP Talkers?

Lately, it has been quiet. It does seem the teamwork hasn't been so great as of late.
    [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
    TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Comment

I use voice comms unless my gf is sleeping, then i tend to keep it to a minimum.

Comment

there are very good squads, skilled leaders and squad members but finding them are not easy. They dont have a defined structure, name, place, etc on forums and servers and you get into one by trial and error.

Therefore we are working on a pilot project to establish a defined squad withing TG community with a known name, place and procedures.

It is about organization, efficient procedures, practical rules, communication, tactics all for an almost perfect coordination and "military role-playing" experience.

Every game is a practice of things we are trying to achieve. There is still a long way to go but it is taking a shape already...

you are welcome to visit our barrack at;

C-Team
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=56442

Comment

by the way, all the things I said above put certain limitations on the use of VOIP. radio chatter should be minimum so that SL can easily communicate with members and commander. radio is primarily SL's tool to organize and coordinate the team.

I dont know about other squads but I dont think that it would be very different than this. otherwise it is all chaos :)

Comment

Join my squad when you feel like hearing a grown man cry when things go poorly. heh :icon_lol:

Seriously though, just gotta keep looking, my friend. You'll find a squad using voice eventually.

Comment

By the way, welcome to Tactical Gamer! Please read the SOP & Announcements, Official Rules forum thread.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183

Hope you have fun!
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I'm always talking in my squad, and most of my squadmates do as well.
                [squadl]
                "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Have you played on our servers?

If I join a squad where nobody is talking, I leave it an join another. On the TG servers, I can ALWAYS find a squad with people talking.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

can I just say that this is my third post?

also, why not institute some sort of standard naming regimen for squads?

each squad could still be referred to as Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc.

By simply appending another letter, it would indicate to potential squad joiners the type and role of the squad.

For example:
                    +V indicates that the squad members are expected to use VOIP
                    +D indicates that the squad role will be primarily defence
                    +A " " " attacking
                    +Medic means that the squad is for medics only

Squad names would look like: BRAVO +VA or DELTA +D

anyway, just an idea...
                    Last edited by jacat; 07-13-2005, 04:43 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

I always talk. ALWAYS. I take the sniper/scout role seriously-I'm not going to rack up the kills, but I can help my squadmates get them....

And when I CO? Forget it. I'm all over the COMMs. "Squad 6 WTF are you doing?" :D

Comment

Squad names lose their meaning after a short time anyway. New players join the squad, old ones leave, the map changes, objectives change, etc. Until we have the ability to rename squads, this will be a problem.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

can I just say that this is my fourth post?

tempus, i agree that things change, but you can create a custom squad name. i played last night on the TG server and saw a squad named "DEFENCE", so I joined it and played defence.

if the squad leader stays connected, the name won't change. you don't have to rename a squad, just leave it, create a new one with a new name...

Comment

i have a feeling i talk to much when im in game....Im always commenting on the situation and making stupids jokes in game...probably makes my teammates flusterd....

im always spotting troops and calling them out.
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

You name your squad DEFENSE and then the CO put you on offense all night.
                              The Old Guy
                              kin3
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse