Indirect fire from tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indirect fire from tanks

Has anyone experimented with using tanks for indirect fire? Last night I was involved in my first long-range (for BF2...about 600m) tank shootout and it occurred to me that with a forward spotter on VOIP a tank could provide indirect fire support, as an artillery piece.
    |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Re: Indirect fire from tanks

what they need are some Paladins or howitzers. something that would use the forward observer better, who knows maybe they will make an expansion pack with some more cool ideas like that.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
      what they need are some Paladins or howitzers. something that would use the forward observer better, who knows maybe they will make an expansion pack with some more cool ideas like that.
      I was thinking the same thing, i missed the howitzers, i got pretty good at them too (BF42-DC) And i dont want to have to pay for an expansion pack, thats lame, why did they invent things like that, they should have it in the game, i payed 50 bucks for it, i dont want to have to pay more, Valve got it right, free expansions, Doom3 sucked and makes you pay for the expansion to make it better.
      Oyee

Comment

The tank needs line of sight on whatever you want to hit so the range is limited. I bet it would be effective though, just blindly firing into a flag can kill a few people and at least slow a flag capture.

Comment

if some of the maps where in a desert fashion like in BF1942 the mobile arty and other guns like that would be great for a all out battle, but i guess its kind of hard to move a large peice of equipment around on those hills and such...
          -Vulcan

Comment

Ya but if we kept one at base and had the commander doin the scouting, with the occasional forward spotter/sniper/SL pointing out some spots to fire at, things would be more, well fun.
            Oyee

Comment

to properly enjoy mobile arty, the game would have to be on a different scale. Maybe 256 players, so that there could be a tank corps, mech. inf, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
                I was thinking the same thing, i missed the howitzers, i got pretty good at them too (BF42-DC) And i dont want to have to pay for an expansion pack, thats lame, why did they invent things like that, they should have it in the game, i payed 50 bucks for it, i dont want to have to pay more, Valve got it right, free expansions, Doom3 sucked and makes you pay for the expansion to make it better.
                Have you not heard of Half-Life 2: The Aftermath? That's a pay for expansion.
                Telorn

Comment

yah wouldnt that be sweet to have 256 players then you could do the batlions and the bigger squads....but think about the resources you would eat thru how much our memberships would be becuase of the resources.....
                  -Vulcan

Comment

I remember reading an interview with DICE in which it was said that BF2 will go up to 128 players, although only 64 is officially supported. Does that mean there is a way to configure it larger?
                    |TG|MileHighAko
                    |TG-7th|Ako

Commander's Log:

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighAko
                      I remember reading an interview with DICE in which it was said that BF2 will go up to 128 players, although only 64 is officially supported. Does that mean there is a way to configure it larger?
                      I believe that during the demo period, I saw one or two random servers that were marked as having 100 players. I have no idea if it was a glitch or not, though.
                      [squadl]
                      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X