Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrasing Sniper Moments

Hi all,

I've been playin around with the sniper kit a bit the last few days, and after learning the ropes, thought I was gettin to be pretty good at it. So, here I was, in a pretty sweet spot, defiladed from where the main threats were coming from (so i thought). I had just took out a support guy, someone else who decided go prone when he heard the shot, and the medic who thought he was gonna get a couple of revive points. Hey, I'm on a roll!

Then, I hear a noise beside me. Turn to see a boot, then a shotgun about an inch from my head. I'm sure I could have heard the guy say, "Take that, biatch!" That is, if my ears weren't ringing from the 12 gauge ownage. Anything like that happen to anyone else?

Re: Embarrasing Sniper Moments

Originally posted by loktight
    Then, I hear a noise beside me. Turn to see a boot, then a shotgun about an inch from my head. I'm sure I could have heard the guy say, "Take that, biatch!" That is, if my ears weren't ringing from the 12 guage ownage. Anything like that happen to anyone else?
    Every time I play sniper I have one of those moments.

Usually, it's in the form of the guy I have been harrasing for the night tracking me down and dispatching me with a knife as I was lining up my next kill, but I've also been run over, bombed (specifically), crated (specifically), and artilleried (especially by TEMPUS).

I consider it a badge of honor.

Comment

I had been sniping this base from the middle of a field. I'm looking for my next target when I swing myself all the way around to the right. Still in my scope at that exact moment from that side an APC comes barreling over me but my sudden turn puts me right down the middle of the APC and in between the wheels, it passes harmlessly over me. But since I was in my scope I have no idea what just happened beyond the sudden close up of half a dozen wheels. I stand up and turn around to see what just passed over me only to catch the rear bumper in the chest.

If I had just stayed prone it would've gone right over me again :(

Comment

I had set up in a nice sniper spot, on top of a roof with only one entrance. I had mined the stairway in, and then the doorway just incase, thinking I would atleast hear the boom. Well I hear something, turn around (I'm prone) and get knifed in the face by a MEC.

Not that embarrassing, but it was my fault because I didn't check around me regularly, which I do now.

Comment

yea i went up a building to snipe ,then i was like YEA i can put claymores on the ladder so if they come up behind me i can get em,so i placed it turned around BOOM other team snipers claymore hits me

Comment

I placed 2 claymores in a base few people were guarding. I get killed by arty strike, spawn in front of one of my claymores. And that's not all. I spawn again on in front of my other claymore >(

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

lol nice stories. I regularly snipe up on the big silo towers which are in numerous levels, and one time, i was killing this guy over and over when he spawned below and he didnt know where i was. finally, as i zoomed into my scope for another take, i hear a step behind me so i quickly got out my knife and swung around only to realize that the guy quickly killed me with his SHOCK PADDLES. bahahahaha i was almost crying with laughter. he wasnt though as i killed him about 8 times with the snipe. muhahahahaahahahaha

Comment

Then, I hear a noise beside me. Turn to see a boot, then a shotgun about an inch from my head. I'm sure I could have heard the guy say, "Take that, biatch!" That is, if my ears weren't ringing from the 12 gauge ownage. Anything like that happen to anyone else?
                I had one of those moments from the other point of view. Except that it was 2 snipers, an M4, and 1 bullet left...

Fate hates me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn
                  I had one of those moments from the other point of view. Except that it was 2 snipers, an M4, and 1 bullet left...

Fate hates me.

to bad there is no malee attack...go up and club them with your butt stock

whats even better is when u find a sniper laying down and you put a claymore right behind him....walk a way then you hear the BOOM! and the kill text its the funnies thing ever!
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

I had been flying a jet, pissing this Urinal guy off for about 2 hours. I hopped on top of a smoke stack, claymored it up to cover any idiots trying to climb after me... and started popping heads with my rifle.

After about 4 shots, I hear the sound of a helicopter and see that I have a friendly one on my minimap. I turn to my left a bit to track an APC I hear, and BLAM 46 rockets to the face and a guy named Urinal laughing at me.

-Mom
                    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Originally posted by pudd9 View Post
                      lol nice stories. I regularly snipe up on the big silo towers which are in numerous levels, and one time, i was killing this guy over and over when he spawned below and he didnt know where i was. finally, as i zoomed into my scope for another take, i hear a step behind me so i quickly got out my knife and swung around only to realize that the guy quickly killed me with his SHOCK PADDLES. bahahahaha i was almost crying with laughter. he wasnt though as i killed him about 8 times with the snipe. muhahahahaahahahaha
                      ahh i love walkign right up behind a sniper and finishing them off in the worst of fashion.
                      SpěkÉ

Comment

Basically the most shame-inducing stuff that happens when I'm a sniper is when some guy's walking around, oblivious, and I take a shot, and I miss. He still doesn't know I'm there, so I shoot AGAIN, and miss. And then he just crouches or something, I fire again, and I MISS AGAIN. Then the guy will run into a building or something all without knowing I was shooting at him. Kind of disheartening.

Comment

I was defending are base against the enemy for about 5 minutes popping as many heads as i could, hiding on the helipad, next thing i'm dead with a helicopter sitting on top of me. Worse still i repawned in a arty stike died respawned again and got sniped by one of the guys i was sniping b4. :(
                          SpěkÉ

Comment

Request a supply drop, only to have it fall on top of your head and crush you.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I have to say sniping from the top of a ladder, and then seeing this giant head with red text in the middle of your screen, which is followed by a full auto ouchy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X