Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack Chopper Help

Hi,

Just had my first experience as a gunner in an apache today. Can someone give me a little advice on using the guided missiles? You right click to go into missile mode. I know that much. Despite the heroic (often suicidal) efforts of my pilot to give me a stable platform, I could never seem to hit a target.....

Can you guide the missile after release? I always seem to overshoot the target. I am waiting till the target is within the square box, but for the life of me, once I release the missile, it seems impossible to guide it in right?

A little help, por favor......

Re: Attack Chopper Help

Its not your fault, the pilote needs to keep a steady Aim at the target for you to get something, once the target is centerd in the "Gunners View" then its up to you, just make sure theres no movement at the last second, and make sure you keep the crosshair on target.
    Oyee

Comment

Thanks, I think that was my problem. I was letting the target get in the big box, and then trying to guide it in. Next time I'll get it right in the center before releasing the ordnance.

Comment

Hold left mouse and you can guide it slightly, that usually helps for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMuncher
          Hold left mouse and you can guide it slightly, that usually helps for me.
          Actually, that's a misconception.

Copied from my prior post about choppers here

Originally posted by |=V=| B [Ssgt]

2. a TV guided missile. Deadly against armors. Shoot the missile and use your mouse to control the missile from the missile's perspective as it is midair. On head on hit this missile can blow up a Tank with full health with one shot.
          Originally posted by telorn

To further explain, the TV guided missle does not work like an AT missle. You do not hold the fire button down and move your mouse to make the TV missle move. If you want to change the trajectory of your missle, place your mouse over the new spot and do a single left click. This will then cause the missle to *try* and adjust to your new course.

So, if you click the button and fire a TV missle directly on a tank and the tank does not move while the missle is incoming, do nothing! The missle will not miss.

This information is from the Prima strategy guide and I've used it to be #1 on a map with an excellent pilot. We were blowing Blackhawk's out of the sky and tearing up tanks with those TV Missles.

The best moment I remember is when my pilot brought us up behind a full 6-man BH that was flying straight. I fired that TV missle right up their tail and they all died in a glorious blaze. I believe asch was one of the individuals in the BH :)
          Also, you do not have to have the target inside the gunner's square box. You can fire anywhere on the screen. Just place your mouse over the target and single click to fire. Do NOT hold the fire button, as slight movements from your mouse could ruin the trajectory. If the tank is moving...do not fire directly on it, but lead the tank so you have to do less adjustments as the rocket gets closer.
          Telorn

Comment

Wow, I have been getting the TV missile thing wrong this whole time. Thanks Telorn

Comment

Thanks Telorn, I too had the TV missile wrong. Cheers - ABPositive

Comment

Maybe I should have kept this information to myself ;)
                Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X