Where We Should Be ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where We Should Be ???

For the most part, most of us purchased BF2 back in June 23rd (give or take)... I've been busting my ass to earn lance corporal and am at 3000 points and a long way to regular corporal. I'm wondering where we all should be in rank because I've seen people who are sergents and through normal means, I wonder how this can be possible. I play maybe 20+ hours a week and I'm a long ways off.

I know there are cheaters who have obtained this rank through pure cheating (killing from other team/shocking back to life on your team, repeat).

I'm just wondering where we all should be in rank, given an average rating of success & flag captures, etc...

Thanks
    Death Bringer

" Do you know that the Chain Of Command Is? It's the chain I BEAT YOU WITH until you learn who's in charge!" - Jayne - FIREFLY

Re: Where We Should Be ???

I think I have about 20 points.... Does this help?

Seriously though, wrong place to ask. Most of the people here, at least the people with opinions I really care about, play on the TG servers exclusivly. Which means they don't get points or rank because TG does not have ranked servers for very good reasons that have already been debated many times.

Comment

I'm somewhere on Lance Corporal, but I don't really care because I only play on TG servers unless they're empty.

Comment

We should be at 0 points because we play on TG servers only. :icon_lol:

I actually do have 0 points because I haven't played on ranked servers. I think you're at a good rank for the amount of hours you play. It's going to take a while but you'll earn more points each time your skills improve.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I live in another timezone, which means that I am often tucked away in my bed when TG plays. So I often visit the ranked servers to practice, but also because you can earn medals and s*** which adds a bit to the suspense and hides away the fact that there NO teamplay on these servers. Private First Class...and I have played 6 hours on the ranked servers :)

Comment

Proud owner of 0 points here! :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I have nary a point. Nary.

(For non-Southerners that means I ain't got no points)
              [volun]

Comment

I am Lance Corporal as well.May be around 1400 s.. But that is what I got before I came to TG. I still play ranked once in a while when I wake up earlier than my lady and need something to do. Now I play TG whenever it has 4-63 people in it.

Comment

I was at 8500 (2000 points away from corporal) when my tournament enforced a new handle so I had to start over. I was 1000 points into lance corporal when I had the idea to create 6 players and get each of them to lance corporal (each with a different unlock). So I have about 400 points on my first of 6. Yes, the tournament is played on a ranked server...unlocks help quiet the weapons balance complaints.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

I'm Lance Corporal now, and have found the fastest points(if that's what you're after) come on the 32-player servers where I can get in a chopper squad that is flag hopping. I can easily - easily - break 50 points in a round that way. It feels a bit empty, especially if I'm the engineer, but when you're really close to that promotion and just want to unlock a weapon, it's the quickest. I got my medic weapon unlock - L85somethingorother - that way, and it's nice, but now my points push is over as I don't really care if I get another unlock or not.

Comment

I think I have about 20 points.... Does this help?
                      Beat you, I'm on 78 ;) And I only got those by mistake cos TG was empty (timezone thing) so I jumped on a 16 size server for the different maps. Only much later did I even realise it was ranked (I guess the stripes on the server list means it's ranked, right??!).

I think the main way people have been getting these high scores is because they realise that you lose nothing for death. It is actually really easy to get a very high score if you don't care about living.

30 kills and 60 deaths is more points than 25 kills and no deaths.
                      If you revive a guy you get team points, even if both he and you get killed right away.

etc etc. Note that of course deaths still lose you tickets, so if you play this way your team is more likely to lose, despite having a higher score yourself.

And this is why I hate the way ranking is currently done.

Comment

0 Points here as well. TG or nothing, baby! :D

Comment

Just play Support role and throw down as many ammo packs you can in the middle of a fight. That is if you really need to get points and don't care about anything else. And you might as well on ranked servers as no one else is playing as a team/squad.

I play on ranked servers occasionally for the same reasons I go camping in the dead of winter, to make me realize how good I've got it. Yes I'm a masochist.
                          flux
                          [tg-c1]

Comment

damnit you people he says:

Where We Should Be

In otherwards assuming that TG was ranked how many points would you think you had?
                            [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                            [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

about 78 still ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse