Advanced Medic Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Medic Training

Here's a little ninja-training for you medics out there. It'll require some practice...

The Safe-Fall:
    Some heights will always be Kill-On-Impact--use the parachute for those. But where Safe-Fall really shines is on the near-fatal drops that leave you with 1-5 red bars. These are the drops where the chute may or may not deploy (see: Odd Chute Behavior).

1. drop a medpack off the edge being sure it is a point you can effectly land on. Just drop one.

2. keep medpack equipped and slowly walk off the edge, aiming for the first medpack.

3. immediately throw the second medpack in the air, aiming down towards the first medpack.

4. land on your medpacks--4 red bars are instantly turned into 75-100% health, use self-healing if needed.

Re: Advanced Medic Training

The Long Bomb:
    Sprint, Jump, Launch medpack like a grenade. When on a rooftop, you can chuck a medpack about 10-30meters. Very useful when sniping (L85 only) as a medic with troops needing health just a stone-throw away.

Comment

The Necromancer Squad:
      6 Medics, all with L85's, travelling in two jeeps. Prime Agenda: Roaming Killers. Put the SL in the trailing jeep and make sure both drivers are skilled at sticking together. This squad is one serious wrecking crew, stopping to provide healing, resurrecting, and backup murder in a pinch. This is the ultimate 2nd Squad deployed on offense as 6 medics can really save a wounded 1st squad quickly. The best part is Necromancer Squad doesnt fear death at all--seeing as how 5 people will be itching to resurrect a fallen Necromancer.

Comment

I've tried the other two myself, really good.

Originally posted by walrus
        The Necromancer Squad:
        6 Medics, all with L85's, travelling in two jeeps. Prime Agenda: Roaming Killers. Put the SL in the trailing jeep and make sure both drivers are skilled at sticking together. This squad is one serious wrecking crew, stopping to provide healing, resurrecting, and backup murder in a pinch. This is the ultimate 2nd Squad deployed on offense as 6 medics can really save a wounded 1st squad quickly. The best part is Necromancer Squad doesnt fear death at all--seeing as how 5 people will be itching to resurrect a fallen Necromancer.
        WOW I never thought of that, but it's actually a really good idea! It would be seriously impossible to destroy the squad unless you got hit by artillery exactly on the cars or by a lot of enemy forces... Very nice...

Comment

in my opinion, such trends will kill the tactical spirit in gaming...

it creates a cascade of gaming tricks from opposing sides and variety of gameplay dies...

my 2 cents...

Comment

my next Advanced Medic Training Tip definitely falls under "Gaming Trick":

The Undead Sniper!
            1 Sniper and 1 Medic perch up on a mountain, roof, or crane. The Medic goes prones just behind the sniper with his paddles out. Some1 shoots sniper, Medic shocks sniper. Rinse, repeat. If it works well, say nobody sees or kills the medic, what you've got is an unstoppable Undead Sniper! Well, until someone knifes them both of course.

Comment

The Necromancer Squad:
              This is a good idea but it's really playing the game engine and looses the spirit of the game a little.
              Jex.

Comment

We need that realism mod!!
                "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

I personally choose to stay with my squad or push up to deal some covering fire. I utilize all the tactics walrus has listed with med packs. When running across heated areas, I sprint with med pack in hand and ALWAYS keep my shock paddles charged.

Comment

The Long Bomb:
                    Sprint, Jump, Launch medpack like a grenade. When on a rooftop, you can chuck a medpack about 10-30meters. Very useful when sniping (L85 only) as a medic with troops needing health just a stone-throw away.
                    I had a guy in my squad doing this yesterday. We were defending the second flag on Karkand (the one in the little blown out courtyard next to the tall building) and our medic was up on the roof sniping. Every once in a while it would start raining med packs. Rather funny actually.

Cantina_Fly: I need a medic over here!

*bonk* (Sound of Cantina getting hit in the head with a med pack.)

Cantina_Fly: Thanks, I owe you one.

Comment

A big problem with medics is that when a tank comes along they are defenceless, sure they can run out and revive there fallen squadmate only to get blown away by the tank that had juts shot in the exact place that they are going. The only way a squad like that would defend themselves is if the tank is a lav-anti tank or the squad leader runs leaving the dead squadmates to come back as anti tank soldiers. If you are having a 6 medic squad i suggest the squad leader goes support and you they have one anti tank soldier.
                      SpěkÉ

Comment

...the undead post
                        -nick 'Ale06'

Comment

Originally posted by Ale View Post
                          ...the undead post

It could have only been the dreaded...

Beware!

=P

Anyways -- If the SL goes down, and I'm outta smokes -- what I like to do is I'll run up, turn my back toward the incoming fire so it shields him, and quickly revive; usually that'll buy him a few seconds to get away before I get shot down.
                          |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Wow, Magic The Gathering? What a blast from the past.

Comment

Anyways -- If the SL goes down, and I'm outta smokes -- what I like to do is I'll run up, turn my back toward the incoming fire so it shields him, and quickly revive; usually that'll buy him a few seconds to get away before I get shot down.[/QUOTE]

somehow i doubt how well that would work, after all If the opposing tank is a lav-anti tank they have extremly powerful rounds that would most likely blow use both up ( beleive me i have done it b4 ) you best chance is that if the tank is the other one ( t-90 i think ) they have weaker shots but if the driver has more than half a brain he will shoot his cannon at you.
                              SpěkÉ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X