No announcement yet.

Would this be considered Spawn Camping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be considered Spawn Camping?

I don't really think this would be looked so kindly upon, but would it be considered spawn camping to sit at the end of a runway, somewhere like Gulf of Oman, and with the unlocked rifle snipe pilots out of their jets? I haven't ever seen this happen, but I thought about it and was wondering if it was a viable solution to keeping enemy air assets from flying.

Re: Would this be considered Spawn Camping?

Originally posted by TheMuncher
    I don't really think this would be looked so kindly upon, but would it be considered spawn camping to sit at the end of a runway, somewhere like Gulf of Oman, and with the unlocked rifle snipe pilots out of their jets? I haven't ever seen this happen, but I thought about it and was wondering if it was a viable solution to keeping enemy air assets from flying.
    of course not! that could technically be considered a tactic...

a guy could be sniping at end of runway while another man on the same team trying to take the spawn point...

so as the sniper keeps the enemies at bay the other man could be taking the base

so my opinion is that that is not spawn camping, others may say differently if they wish....
    My name is NOT of the matter... yet... i dont think anyone wants it so :P

Comment

You can always mine their airfield a few feet from the plane, they'd have a really hard time taking off. I hope this isn't considered spawn camping either.

Comment

Opps, I meant to put in this is on a UCB. I'm against this, I'm jsut putting it out there for official decisions.

Comment

Depends, if you only snipe them a few seconds after they spawn, then I don't think I would consider it so.

Az
          [age-c1][command]

Comment

Sniping into a UCB to kill folks jumping into planes would be considered spawn camping.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

So what about laying a satchel charge underneath it and blowing it as the take off? Seems to me to be same thing, but differing methods used. Remember, the shot is taken against those who climb into the jet, sitting in the cockpit, not those running to it - does that change things?
              Jex.

Comment

Folks, I feel like we're trying to find any loophole to be in an enemy's UCB to frag. This shouldn't be the case. If you're not in the UCB to destroy an asset (art/radar/uav), then there probably is no good reason to be in there.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                  Folks, I feel like we're trying to find any loophole to be in an enemy's UCB to frag. This shouldn't be the case. If you're not in the UCB to destroy an asset (art/radar/uav), then there probably is no good reason to be in there.
                  I can think of precisely one other "good" reason to be in the enemy UCB.
                  Hijacking assets.
                  Certain maps, the Blackhawk is incredibly powerful. Denying that to the enemy is just as powerful(if not moreso) as denying them arty or UAV, and, IMO, a valid tactic...
                  ... if you are stealing it and flying it and using it.

If you're just there doing little more than increasing your killcount, that's not a valid tactic, IMO, but if you sneak in, steal the chopper, get out and go pick up your squad, that would be strategically sound in my book.

Edit: Looks like Bommando and I disagree on stealing vehicles. I, personally, feel the BH is so powerful on some maps that is it more strategically important than any of the COs assets, making it a valid denial target, but not if you are going to do it in a griefing way. Steal the chopper, get out, go use it. That's my opinion, anyway.

Comment

I've been around and around with folks about this, but my thoughts are that if an enemy is in your UCB wreaking havoc, then the proper lesson is to defend it better next time, not call "unfair!" In RL, such assets would remain heavily guarded, and should remain heavily guarded in game.

Anyway, the gentlemen's agreement is to shoot each other over there, but not over here. That's fine I guess.

Comment

...and according to the rules and SOPs, unless you are directed by your CO to attack structures (UAV Trailer, Radar Dish & Artillery) within the enemy UCB, you shouldn't be there at all.
                      Never before in the field of human conflict was so little owed to so few that weighed and drank so much.

Comment

Originally posted by duckilama
                        I can think of precisely one other "good" reason to be in the enemy UCB.
                        Hijacking assets.
                        Certain maps, the Blackhawk is incredibly powerful. Denying that to the enemy is just as powerful(if not moreso) as denying them arty or UAV, and, IMO, a valid tactic...
                        ... if you are stealing it and flying it and using it.
                        I believe this has already been ruled against.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=56573

Originally posted by asch
                        There may be moves that are "tactical" in theory but we've found in reality they are much different. And I mean the reality of the game. There are game limitations, etc. that lead us to restrict outright stealing of vehicles in a UCB.

One thing TG was built on was that we wanted great "battlefield" action and not "supply-line" action. Restricting outright UCB vehicle stealing is one of the rules we have put in place to keep the battlefield action intense.

If a squad is in a UCB to destroy the assets and has completed that mission, they may take a vehicle to leave the UCB.
                        [squadl]
                        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by Furious
                          ...and according to the rules and SOPs, unless you are directed by your CO to attack structures (UAV Trailer, Radar Dish & Artillery) within the enemy UCB, you shouldn't be there at all.
                          I think that's the best argument I've read. If the CO gives a squad an order, the squad should follow that order.

If a CO has no better use for a squad than hanging out in the UBC sniping people as they spawn, then either the games pretty much over anyway or that CO will probably get beaten for such a poor allocation of available resources.

Comment

What about maps that only have one side with a UCB (is karkand one?), is that open for attack? If not then maybe a distance should be set - no players (except spec ops) are allowed within x hundred metres of a UCB. KArkand is a prime example of where the line should be drawn :)
                            Jex.

Comment

I've always disagreed with some of the stricter rulings. Now, believe me, I share the same "spirit" as the rest of us who want fair, fun teamplay. I just think we may be drawing the line a bit too far in one direction.

It seems to me that we got beyond what I think is the "Core issue": exploiting the spawning player's disorientation. That's clearly wrong, and if you're camping, waiting for respawns, it's a problem.

Beyond that, it seems to me any wanton destruction you can cause on the enemy's base is all fair in love and war.

It's one thing to take advantage of a player's game-caused disorientation. It's another entirely to take advantage of a hard-earned and well-fought occupation of his base. (assuming it was both).

I've personally been on the receiving end of a mined airstrip. It sucked, but if your team allows this sort of thing to happen, suck it up - you deserve it. Push back and repossess your assets. As long as your personal spawn is not being camped, you have a fighting chance to do so - a gentleman's war.

It's one thing to expect your enemy to give you a fair chance within the game by not killing you when you appear. It's another to draw complicated, hazy lines about how aggressive he can be in executing warfare upon your butt. Both teams should be thinking "termination with extreme prejudice," rather than worrying about getting court-martialed for violating some technicality.

Only the most obvious abuses - those that exploit in-game factors - should be outlawed.

1. Player spawn camping
                              2. Deliberate suicide actions
                              3. (Help me out here - there are some more, right?)
                              "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                              - Lazarus Long

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...