Fun with C4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with C4

I had ignored the SpecOps kit in lieu of Engineers, but recently I have been having a lot of fun with the C4. One of my tactics is the infamous "Jihadi Jeep", where I'll plaster the front and sides with C4, drive it up to a recently captured CP, jump out and blow it up. Big Bang, about a 25% survival rate...not placing C4 on the side (left) that you dismount from helps.

Placement of C4 on bridges only takes three in close proximity to blow the span, the other two can be placed so that the blast goes verticaly across the approach in the event that a vehicle comes to a sudden halt when they see the mound of explosives.
    The Prima guide suggests placing C4 under a bridge with the help of an APC with you on the roof...but I think that might just have been a "Gee this is cool" idea, as who has the time to surf an APC?

Sneaking up onto rooftops and dropping C4 onto helicopters and vehicles is fun for hours, as is booby trapping flags. Throwing C4 onto an engineer as he repairs is much more fun than knifing him...and if you get lucky he will go near other enemies (only happened once, but I'm looking to repeat).

Landmines are fun, but as a dedicated Engineer, getting punished for a TK when someone runs over them is getting too much to stand...thus, C4.
    Well, that and having a carbine that can hit targets further out than 10 meters.
    ;)

So share your horror stories...what wiley and evil things have you done/ had done to you with C4?

Re: Fun with C4

One of my squad mates spotted a tank that was hogging our base in Wetlands. The tank was inside the base perimeter, going back and forth along the fence. So I went outside the fence perimeter, stuck some C4 on the fence itself. Then waited for the tank to get close to my C4 (the spot on the minimap is key, here) and... clic - kaboom!

Fences are great with C4. Even in external view, it can be tough for the driver to see you coming, if you stick real close to the fence.

ABPositive

Comment

Ooo, good call on the fence. Will have to try that. Haven't tried the exploding Jeep because I hear folks complain about it (which means it's not fun for them, which is a consideration for me in play) and I'm trying to buck the "suicide SpecOp" trend. I'll agree it's great fun to drop C4 onto unsuspecting targets from height though. Added fun to be had if you can do from the tops of cranes on the maps that have them. ;)
      "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Comment

Yeah, any form of suicide combat is mostly frowned-upon at TG.

The mature players here tend to prefer semi-realistic tactics that make some sense in the real world - especially when the nonsensical forms of combat exploit the fact that you don't have a fear of "dying" and give an otherwise impossible combat advantage.

In short - we'd ask you to please not do that.
        "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
        - Lazarus Long

Comment

I have done the jihad jeep but with a buggy and the C4 on the tires or on the wheels. It looks funny to drive around with the red skulls-n-crossbones spinning.

I C4'ed, killed and survived when an Cobra tried to helo-cap my flag within jump-toss radius. It would have been worth it to let him have the flag and detonate when he is at 100m altitude...just for the "WTF?!?" factor.

I have C4'ed helos and detonated while some plane camper chose the helo over saving his flag.

But the best and most often so-far is to dash up to a tank to C4 it only to have the driver jump out. I jump in, steal his tank, then kill the driver (now foot-soldier). It's my favorite because it add insult to injury especially when you run them over.

I have seen people in 21CW who are good enough to hit the turret every time when tossing from 100m up while parachuting.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

wow, this is what the TG servers are supposed to be about? how goofy we can be the different kits?

I hope not and thank StrikeFear for his input.
            Never before in the field of human conflict was so little owed to so few that weighed and drank so much.

Comment

I successfully booby trapped a road and got 3 tank kills and some jeeps. The best part was when some guy drove up and stopped 1 metre short of the explosives. He got out to run to the base but noticed these objects on the ground, turned round, went back, looked down at them...

And that's when I went *clicky*

I was in hysterics for ages over that one :)
              Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                I successfully booby trapped a road and got 3 tank kills and some jeeps. The best part was when some guy drove up and stopped 1 metre short of the explosives. He got out to run to the base but noticed these objects on the ground, turned round, went back, looked down at them...

And that's when I went *clicky*

I was in hysterics for ages over that one :)
                I used to *LOVE* doing this in JO. Stopping the enemy from reinforcing the battlefield with ground vehicles. We would set up elaborate booby traps on the roads leaving from their base and just destroy anything that came through.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                  I used to *LOVE* doing this in JO. Stopping the enemy from reinforcing the battlefield with ground vehicles. We would set up elaborate booby traps on the roads leaving from their base and just destroy anything that came through.
                  The armory is one thing I miss moving from JOTR to BF2. Since JOTR had the same "no defense" problem as BF2 does, many times I was on my own defending. In 90 seconds (three 30-sec armory reload), I could lay 4 claymores and sit on the roof with an RPG. Claymores cleaned up what I missed with the RPG and grenades cleaned up what the claymores missed. If died, I would spawn back with satchels, drop them as I spawned, and dash out/up while going clickity click. 4 layers of defense to repel all boarders...all-the-while taunting "You big fat pink pig" and "Die you worm, die!"

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

Originally posted by Ski-Racer
                    The armory is one thing I miss moving from JOTR to BF2. Since JOTR had the same "no defense" problem as BF2 does, many times I was on my own defending. In 90 seconds (three 30-sec armory reload), I could lay 4 claymores and sit on the roof with an RPG. Claymores cleaned up what I missed with the RPG and grenades cleaned up what the claymores missed. If died, I would spawn back with satchels, drop them as I spawned, and dash out/up while going clickity click. 4 layers of defense to repel all boarders...all-the-while taunting "You big fat pink pig" and "Die you worm, die!"
                    I've been blown up by your type many times in JO..

I enjoy defense, I don't need to be in constant action.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I like to put C4 on *my* tank, get down to about 50% during combat, exit it near enemy infantry only to run and hide... listen for the start-up rumble of the tank engines as the enemy thinks it has stolen my tank.

boom.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus
                        I like to put C4 on *my* tank, get down to about 50% during combat, exit it near enemy infantry only to run and hide... listen for the start-up rumble of the tank engines as the enemy thinks it has stolen my tank.

boom.
                        I like that :D

Comment

I will be surprised if EA allows the c4 to be so effective against tanks as it is now. What's the point of an anti-armor kit when a person with c4 can run up so easily and take a tank out?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

here's why they wont nerf C4

A Tank with proper support (e.g. Surrounding Infantry) should never be C4'd.

However, three AT-kits atop different rooftops is a lot harder to defend against. And is often an automatic tank-kill. Ive been a part of a tank-buster group of three AT-kits on roofs once and it was awesome. Poor sap even popped his smoke cartridge! perhaps so his teammates wouldnt see how owned he was!

Comment

best use of c4 against blackhawks
                              http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=black-hawk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed