My Thoughts on Destroying Assets in UCB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thoughts on Destroying Assets in UCB

I wanted to say thank you to Vincint Veritas for joining the Gunship squad. He and I proved very useful a few times. He was especially helpful on the repairs and mini-gun. I just flew the Blackhawk and tried not to get us killed.

After a while(and different map), we were ordered by our CO to destroy assets in the Chinese UCB. I know there was another who joined our squad and for the life of me I can't remember who it was. That's what I get for getting older. ;) Thanks to all.

I want people to know that coming from BFDC(and an admin to boot), being in the UCB was very unnatural to me. I instructed my squad not to fire unless fired upon, which they complied with. I know that it was very annoying to a few of you. Tempus and Phelan definitely made us pay dearly for every asset that was destroyed.

Having said all that, it was enjoyable to see the teamwork that our squad displayed. My squad did not destroy anything else in the UCB except artillery, UAV, and Scan. We were a squad of 3. So for Tempus and Phelan to take us out, it wasn't that much of a chore at times and did not detract, I think, from the rest of the players taking CPs...other than it made it difficult without a UAV, Scan, and artillery....but it still felt wrong.

Are there others that feel this way or is it just me?

[volun]

Re: My Thoughts on Destroying Assets in UCB

I did some of this today and followed similar rules that you did with your squad. Overall, I think it helped out the team since an enemy squad started hunting us and we did keep the assets down. Personally, it was boring and unrewarding. I didn't feel like I was contributing much to the team. I guess it's the lack of awarded points for taking out enemy assets. It was really, really weird and I'd rather be out there attacking or defending flags.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
      I did some of this today and followed similar rules that you did with your squad. Overall, I think it helped out the team since an enemy squad started hunting us and we did keep the assets down. Personally, it was boring and unrewarding. I didn't feel like I was contributing much to the team. I guess it's the lack of awarded points for taking out enemy assets. It was really, really weird and I'd rather be out there attacking or defending flags.
      I LOVE sitting on assets and making sure they stay dead. It's because I also love commanding, and I know firsthand how vexing it is not having those abilities at your disposal. :)
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Well a certain CO DrunkenSoul found my squad on one map, so after about 4 or 5 massive hits I decided it was time for retribution. I took a SF and a Support over, loaded up all his stuff, and blew it at once. When he came out we shot him. And then we grabbed a crappy car and drove out. This was all to send a message, which was apparently received.

Because we were artyed solid for the rest of the map. ugh. :)
        Beatnik

Comment

I love sneaking into the enemy base and blowing their assets up. My only concern is resupplying. Without a supply crate nearby, you're next to useless without the ability to strike multiple times. I reckon 2 guys are all that is needed, and sometimes command will send a whole squad after you meaning 6 guys are away from the battlefield :)
          Jex.

Comment

If im told to blow crap up in the UCB i blow everything that i can get my hands on up. :)

Comment

Originally posted by TEMM
              If im told to blow crap up in the UCB i blow everything that i can get my hands on up. :)
              And hopefully the CO is good enough to send in a supply crate (or support team member) to keep blowing stuff up!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X