Base Duty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base Duty

I have come to the conclusion that this is an absolute requirement. If it's a capturable base, a full squad needs to be assigned to guard the base, but even if it's just a UCB, a small squad of just two people would be a wonderful asset to the commander.

As Killer talks about here, enemies in a UCB are pains in the asses who can really derail a commander's strategy. Not having UAV, Scan, or arty can really cripple the commander and his team.

So please, if the commander asks for a base duty squad, try to form one and understand what an important job you're doing.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Base Duty

Yeah this one guy sometime kept me busy for some seven minutes by destryoing all my stuff and killing me a few times as I repaired it. Seven minutes without any orders could make a huge difference!

Comment

Your airforce makes pretty good base duty. They usually have an engineer, and return to base often to either repair/reload, or to respawn. Don't hesitate to ask them.
      |TG|MileHighAko
      |TG-7th|Ako

Commander's Log:

Comment

I've never had a problem with base duty, and generally volunteer my squad for it at the beginning of the map.
        [squadl]
        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

what the CO needs is an NPC (bot) he/she could give basic orders to. A sentry of sorts that could heal, protect, and/or make tea. it's just silly that the CO would be all alone in a closet and I dont think we need a real human logging in just to protect the CO.

the bot only spawns in once a CO is established and is removed once the CO is relieved.

Comment

I don't mind base buty one bit. Since I'm usually a sniper, I have to lay low until the pendejos get out of their armor, but it's more fun that way. Nothing like headshotting someone that is trying to C4 the jets!

Comment

As ever I'm prepared to do whatever the CO instructs me to do. We all have preferences, but we all have a duty (to teamwork) as well.

On Mashtuur on Friday night Tempus ordered my squad to retake our MEC main base. Took over 15 minutes of assault, but eventually we did it. After that there was no way we were going to let the USMC retake it!

All I can say is to sign in witha new CO, let him or her know what your squad has, and then request some orders!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighAko
                Your airforce makes pretty good base duty. They usually have an engineer, and return to base often to either repair/reload, or to respawn. Don't hesitate to ask them.
                I'm throwing the BullS*** flag here.
                As a CO, you can make any orders you like. And, as a CO you can shoot yourself and the team in the foot.

I submit that the last thing you want to do is order your pilots out of a perfectly working and powerful jet, and have them die just to switch out to engineer (15 sec respawn) to repair your stuff which is likely guarded by enemy troops who will kill him when he tries to repair (15 sec respawn), and then he'll give up and go for his plane again, where the same enemy troops will kill him (15 sec respawn), after which he will yell at his Commander, his Dog, and kick his CPU which will reboot, causing a 5 minute delay (30 sec reboot, 4.5 minutes to run BF2 and reconnect), after which he will be on the opposing team, and, remembering where the CO was, proceed to bomb the hell out of him.

... or something like that.
                Seriously, that's
                1. a waste of a good pilot and a jet
                2. Often, good pilots are sorry ground-pounders and will likely get their 4$$es kicked. (It varies)
                3. About 2 minutes (minimum) where the enemy has jets and you don't, and will be laying waste to your ground troops and helos. Believe me, 2 minutes in an uncontested bomber will reduce your ground vehicles to almost nil.
                "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                - Lazarus Long

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...