It CAN be Done !?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It CAN be Done !?!?

I haven't tried this but I have a friend who claims he has successfully done this:

As Commander, It's believed YOU CAN repair your artillery and radar by dropping a Supply Crate real close to it. I'm at work but I'm curious to confirm this when I get off from work...

Does anyone else know if this can be done/works? If so, do you know any more specifics? It's rumored to be hard but can be done.

Those who have tested it: What did you find???

Death Bringer

" Do you know that the Chain Of Command Is? It's the chain I BEAT YOU WITH until you learn who's in charge!" - Jayne - FIREFLY

Re: It CAN be Done !?!?

I'm pretty sure this was confirmed earlier in the game's release. You can repair them with a supply crate, and after a certain amount of time, they will automatically bring themselves back to the "just operational" level.

Comment

yeah im pretty sure the supply crate thing works. Also, if you are an engineer, you can stop by the arty in a chopper and get them "operational" by simply hovering overhead for a few seconds. It wont be 100% till an engineer comes along but its a quick fix.
      Warcriminal
      chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

Actually this can also be a really bad idea, as it will allow any enemy Spec Ops to rearm before blowing your arty.

Comment

I ran up a server and blew up some arty and waited 20 minutes for it to fix itself but it didn't. On other maps out of 3 pieces, 1 always seems to fix itself but the other 2 stay destroyed. I think the whole arty-fix thing is bugged.

Maybe the reason EA gave us such a piss poor manual was so that we couldn't tell what is bugged, only guess at it ;)
          Jex.

Comment

True, but I would rather do it than not. At least you get back its use momentarily and if the Spec Ops needs rearming, he will get it from his own CO anyway. Besides, if he uses your supplies to rearm, you will know his location and be able to hunt him down better. I often do my own dirty work as CO (as long as it doesn't take me away from my tactical screen for too long) and the infiltrator will not be expecting someone to be hunting him down with a specific knowledge of his whereabouts.
            Absolutely, it is all about give and take, and situational awareness. There are points and counterpoints to this as long as my arm ;)

For example a CO could resupply you yes, but if you are skulking a short distance off to retake them your hiding point could be jeopardised by a big crate falling from the sky. Not a problem on some maps, a big problem on others.

I think my point was to say that although it is a good option, it is not always the right one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X