This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does TG support ramming tactics?

I'm just wondering whether ramming a plane into a full blackhawk is considered acceptable play on TG servers?

Personally I prefer the 203 into the cabin solution, but there's no denying trading 1 jet for a full blackhawk is a good tradeoff.

Re: Does TG support ramming tactics?

Originally posted by --Jools--
    I'm just wondering whether ramming a plane into a full blackhawk is considered acceptable play on TG servers?

Personally I prefer the 203 into the cabin solution, but there's no denying trading 1 jet for a full blackhawk is a good tradeoff.
    Negative.. This is not considered very good gameplay. It's a waste of your teams assets. If the only way the pilot can take down a Seahawk is by crashing into it, they should probably be staying out of the planes entirely.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

The fighter seems ill suited to take out a blackhawk, it flies so fast that by the time you get a lock, spook the chopper into blowing it's flares, and fire your normaly overshooting it. The bomber has a lower stall speed and I have better luck with that. However, missile lock on a chopper is hard, the blackhawk seems to have mojo flares. So I normaly Try to fire my guns while im getting a target lock.

All in all, taking out a blackhawk with a jet is hard work, especialy since by the time you come around for another pass they may have self-repaired, and their flares are recharged.

To be honest I have rammed them, by accident. it's a hazard of aiming at them to fire my guns, sometimes I dont pull away soon enough, or lag gets me. I dont TRY to ram them, but I don't exactly cry when I kill a full chopper either.

If TG wants to avoid suicide tactics it should just up the respawn timer to 30 sec or 1 minute. The fact is its a game, not real life. I don't try to do suicide attacks, but sometimes If I have to die in order to kill a bunch of enemies I will. If I lay some C4 on a tank, and get shot while running away, I'll detonate the c4 before they finish me off, if I die in blast, it sucks, but as long as I can take a few with me. I'm Ok.

Comment

The best way to take out an Auto-Repair HeliBus is one my extra special TV Guided Missles. Served up via attack chopper. It really has to be frustrating for you guys. ;)

Comment

Buster - as a frequent (and fairly talented) pilot, I concurt that taking out choppers, while the primary responsibility of fighter aircraft, is also about the hardest thing in the game.

Furthermore, I agree with EVERYTHING else you said, except this, which I vehemently DISAGREE with:
          Originally posted by Buster Charlie
          I don't try to do suicide attacks, but sometimes If I have to die in order to kill a bunch of enemies I will. If I lay some C4 on a tank, and get shot while running away, I'll detonate the c4 before they finish me off, if I die in blast, it sucks, but as long as I can take a few with me. I'm Ok.
          Wrong answer, private. In my not-so-humble opinion, you should NEVER intentionally trade your game-life for enemy's game-lives.

Despite feeling all your pain about how hard it is to kill a chopper, and having accidentally rammed them myself, I fully agree with harsh penalties for suicides. It'll make me a little more itchy to pull up a little earlier, rather than get just a few more rounds into the side of the blackhawk. That's all.

As for your statement about the C4 - you should take it like a man, and get killed, having done nothing useful. I guess you should have planned your action better, or received better cover from your squad, or just wait for a medic, and THEN hit the button. Your call, but don't suicide. That's just wrong.
          "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
          - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear

As for your statement about the C4 - you should take it like a man, and get killed, having done nothing useful. I guess you should have planned your action better, or received better cover from your squad, or just wait for a medic, and THEN hit the button. Your call, but don't suicide. That's just wrong.

I fully agree with harsh penalties for suicides as well but ... BUT it should also be noted that the point of this excersize is to win as a team. in RL the dude who blew the C4 thereby saving his guys from being tank food would likely receive a medal. to be honest the pilot crashing into an enemy copter might too if it was in the service of his comrades.
            ... just my two cents... not suggesting it's proper game play just that it might be ok under certain circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by marbhdroi
              it should also be noted that the point of this excersize is to win as a team.
              Sorry I don't mean to directly attack your statement... But it was my understanding that here at TG the "point" is to have "fun" by "playing in a fair and tactical manner."

Or maybe thats just what I keep telling myself since I seem to be on the losing team so much... :)
              Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
              [age-c1]
              [eng][air]

Comment

Devils Advocate mode /on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamikaze

"According to an official Japanese announcement, the missions sank 81 ships and damaged 195, and according to a Japanese tally, suicide attacks accounted for up to 80 percent of US losses in the final phase of the war in the Pacific."

Devils Advocate mode /off

Comment

THE POINT of plaYing bf2 ON TG is to have fun etc .. the point of the excercise is to keep those filthy infedel capitalist marines out of our beloved krknd (coke spilled on kb sry))

Comment

Indeed ^^
                    Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
                    [age-c1]
                    [eng][air]

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
                      Buster - as a frequent (and fairly talented) pilot, I concurt that taking out choppers, while the primary responsibility of fighter aircraft, is also about the hardest thing in the game.

Furthermore, I agree with EVERYTHING else you said, except this, which I vehemently DISAGREE with:
                      Wrong answer, private. In my not-so-humble opinion, you should NEVER intentionally trade your game-life for enemy's game-lives.

Despite feeling all your pain about how hard it is to kill a chopper, and having accidentally rammed them myself, I fully agree with harsh penalties for suicides. It'll make me a little more itchy to pull up a little earlier, rather than get just a few more rounds into the side of the blackhawk. That's all.

Obviously, you have never seen "Hell is for Heros". Giving your life/point to save other lives/points makes sense. If you can trade your life for a tank then your team comes out ahead. I usually end up killing me self trying to plant expacks(sorry for the bf1942 ref) becasue I cant seem to cycle to the plunger fast enough so I just keep firing off those expacks until I, along with my target, explodes.

Comment

You can actually flip over the backhawk using the MEC chopper, its hard and you loose a good amount of armor but you normally win
                        [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                        [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Well that brings me to another question.
                          PS I don't fly jets, unless it's an enemy jet I happen to nip ...
                          Anyway, what prevents you from jetisoning right before you hit the chopper?

Comment

The walk back...
                            [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                            [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

"Hey! I need a ride!"
                              "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                              - Lazarus Long

Comment

Connect