Yet Another Squad...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Squad...

Tonight I will create a specialized 2-person, flag recovery outfit...

"Flag Recovery"

This will be a Spec Ops only operation! We will roll up to lightly-guarded bases with a jeep/buggy, surround the flag with C4, and then quickly proceed to the next lightly-guarded flag. denoting the C4 when the previous flag becomes neutralized *or* at CO's request.

We'll provide high-speed recon, emergency flanking, emergency anti-vehicle (#2 jumps out as we drive-by a tank, #1 distracts tank with fancy driving and loud honking, #2 C4s tank and awaits pickup), and we'll even "pest" convoys. We'll C4 bridges if needed. We'll take out Artillery too. We'll definitely run over a sh*t-ton of lead-footed infantry. We'll be the CO's shuriken!

Keep an eye out for "Flag Recovery"

Re: Yet Another Squad...

Originally posted by walrus
    Keep an eye out for "Flag Recovery"
    I will, in my M24's crosshairs!

Comment

we will avoid |TG| Mateo at all costs!

Comment

That sounds like an awesome squad! :)

It's actually a bummer that it will work, and work effectively, because it will mean pesky flag-hopping and whack-a-mole gameplay - but hey! Until we have a script in place to help provide the game with a single "front", then "More power to ya!" I think your squad will be really effective.
        "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
        - Lazarus Long

Comment

Hehe, I've been meaning to try the same thing, with a quick-moving locked squad of 4 spec ops. Maybe a pair of smaller 2-man squads would be better so as to cover more ground.... : )

Comment

or the opposite is true: it will help reduce the flag-hopping, whack-a-mole gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Rizzo
              Hehe, I've been meaning to try the same thing, with a quick-moving locked squad of 4 spec ops. Maybe a pair of smaller 2-man squads would be better so as to cover more ground.... : )
              a 4-person squad is a bit less expendable than a 2-person squad. I was thinking a 2-person would be a lot quicker on the ball as the SL wouldnt need to give any orders at all. #2's only orders are to be #1's shadow and C4 when C4 time*.

I also like the idea of empty seats in the jeep/buggy in case we need to pick up a downed pilot and return him/her to the hangar.

(*C4 time = lone tank drive-bys, remote flag defense, high-traffic roads)

Comment

I'm seeing less whack-a-mole since returning from vacation. Mebbe better strategies are beginning to evolve...

Frankly, I don't want to have any artificial "front lines". I enjoy taking a squad into the backfield for flag raids rather than zerging perpetually.

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
                  That sounds like an awesome squad! :)

It's actually a bummer that it will work, and work effectively, because it will mean pesky flag-hopping and whack-a-mole gameplay - but hey! Until we have a script in place to help provide the game with a single "front", then "More power to ya!" I think your squad will be really effective.
                  You mean until we have commanders/SLs that actually defend key flags?
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I suggest making it a 3 man team with a support as the #3. Resupply of C4 is agood thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Phelan Ward
                      I suggest making it a 3 man team with a support as the #3. Resupply of C4 is agood thing.
                      That's not very stealthy! :icon_lol: You can always ask for a supply crate.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Rizzo
                        That's not very stealthy! :icon_lol: You can always ask for a supply crate.
                        Also, not very stealthy.

Besides, you'll cap flags quicker and you still fit in a buggie. Plus a buggie shows up on scans regardless of whos driving it.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          You mean until we have commanders/SLs that actually defend key flags?
                          I dont know... I've been a part of some soundtight defensive efforts and excellent Commanding and yet a sneaky enemy unit still manages to slip past our garrison to cap a lightly guarded interior flag. often a pilot drops in unseen.

it seems no matter how good the battle is going, there will always be the occasional leaky faucet.

Comment

squad "Recovery!" is the name as I found out last night that "Flag Recovery!" is too long.

notes from last night:

1) it works! especially to counter a very light, fast moving, enemy squad hellbent on capping easy-to-cap interior flags.

2) i chased a fast moving enemy squad (doing the opposite of RECOVERY!) to one of our interior flags and my presence alone forced this enemy buggy+1 to take off and head towards an all-together different interior flag. i successfully defended a flag without a single shot fired. however, I admit there was a lot of violent honking!

3) *no* defense / frontline is impenetrable... ever!

4) my light, fast-moving, Recovery! squad can redeploy instantly! sometimes before the CO has even noticed the flag is under attack. Freeing the CO to manage larger squads more effectively.

5) 3 members is the absolute limit for Recovery! Mostly for the logic of minimalizing VOIP. this is a common-sense, twitch squad. This *is* Special Operations. Each knowing what we should be doing depending on which way the jeep is pointing. We used VOIP, sure, but once the SL is behind the wheel it didnt seem necessary to muck about with Waypoints. There is no time.

6) 3 Spec Ops players can effectively boobytrap 3 seperate flags! Making recovery even easier.

7) destroyed Artillery is often back online so quickly that the risks involved in sneaking in to destroy it in the first place seems steep in comparison to the reward. SIDENOTE: most CO's TK with every artillery strike so perhaps this entire mission is moot.

8) let the Helo squad know what you're up to. Either in TS, Text, or CO relay. The Helo squad is Recovery!'s best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus
                              8) let the Helo squad know what you're up to. Either in TS, Text, or CO relay. The Helo squad is Recovery!'s best friend.
                              I like this idea.

A transport chopper squad should always be at your disposal for insertions, extractions, and resupply. I don't think it would be a primary role so it doesn't make sense for the pilot and crew to be part of the SpecOps squad but they *should* be available when you need them. Good stuff!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X