Is this spawn camping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this spawn camping?

sitting on the ridge overlooking CP m95 in hand. rest of squad making thier way to assault. if I spot I"m not but if I shoot I am.... so how come they can shoot at me? sniper kit should be allowed to camp any non UCB ... not shoot till player moves would make it fair. just a thought.
    Last edited by marbhdroi; 07-21-2005, 01:17 PM. Reason: add sig

Re: Is this spawn camping?

Great question to raise in the forums!

If you are watching a capturable flag while the rest of your squad is assaulting that CP, I wouldn't consider it spawn camping because you are providing fire support for your squad. Your squad's intention is to capture the flag. Just because you are providing support from a distance, I don't think I'd consider that spawn camping.

The key here is that your squad has the INTENTION to CAPTURE the flag.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
      As much as I hate it, I would not deny a sniper a juicy target. God knows I seem to make a good one :)
      Stop leading with your chin! :D

Comment

I agree as long as a flag is capturable. I don't think think it is considered spawn camping.
        [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
        TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Comment

I agree and while I don't COMPLETELY agree with the magical safe zone of a UCB (an excellent point was made about BH's being more valuable than destructable assets on some maps. forget by whom sorry.) I understand it's reasoning for TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
            Stop being so damn good :p I am used to all the other snipers being so average that I could sit there and kill them with a rock while they tried to take me out. You and Trooper are a totally different matter.
            If I have the US sniper, you don't want to be in my crosshair, either. I haven't been able to figure out the OpFor as well. You couldn't kill me with stones...but your rifle may get me first.

I'm a one-shot killer on the US side. I love it! I believe the bolt action makes the bullet trajectory much more precise so you don't have to 'guess' on bullet drop so much. I've noticed that I do on the MEC gun, though. I have to place the head right below the center of the up arrow in the crosshair to get a hit from a great distance. Say I'm on the top of hill on the Oman east flag (with the pool) firing on the crane at the hotel flag. After about 8 shots I finally hit and killed a sniper on that crane. It wouldn't have been any more than 2 if I was US. Ugh. The guy was prone still the whole time. I just couldn't get the bullets to hit!
            Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X