New APC Tactic!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New APC Tactic!

Okay, i was reading about how APC's should hold more people and what not...

So heres my idea. In the very begining one guy in the APC driving, and the people in the back are the SL's of the entire team. The APC drives by and drops the SL of at one flag, continueing to the next flag, the SL that was droped off can then have his team spawn on him. This would happen at each flag, making for quick flag capturs/defence!

Sometimes i amaze myself! Of couse some people would spawn to take the other vehicles... But hey, sounds good to me.

P.S. This would also work witht eh BL, but it a better way!!!
    Last edited by Black_V!per; 07-21-2005, 12:43 PM. Reason: BL works better!
    Oyee

Re: New APC Tactic!

You're an evil one!
    How about a variation? Jeeps and buggies. They move much faster and the vehicle isn't actually doing any support, so it doesn't need to withstand much, since it's moving so fast. Two or three jeeps/buggies in different directions would deliver near simultaneous squads to multiple bases at a time.
    Now I feel a bit evil.

Comment

;p that sounds good too!!!

P.S. Ive got a patent pending on this idea, sounds to good to be just left out in the open.
      Oyee

Comment

I hate to be negative, but there are lots of "tactics" that you can develop that take advantage of the ability of SL's to be spawn points. One might be that, if an SL dies, a surviving squad member starts a new squad immediately and other squad members join that squad and respawn on the new leader. Is this a tactic or a bit of a game exploit? It's a matter of gameplay style. Personally, I don't like anything that isn't realistic.
        |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

But with switching squads either during a firefight or while dead, you're taking a mighty big risk (at least on TG servers) of gettin' your arse kicked. ;p

Honestly, though I don't have too much against those trying to use spawning on the SL as a sneaky/mass spawn "trick." I find myself quite disoriented upon spawning and have many times spawned on SL and instantly died so it's not like he can just stroll up to you and summom his minions to instantly pop you as they appear from thin air.

One thing I would still ike to try since I haven't had a chance to test it yet is spawning while the SL is in free-fall or while parachuting. I believe someone else had the idea of taking a BH with 5 SLs over a point dropping them all out and having their full squads spawn during the fall. while I don't see how such massed attacks on a single point would be tactically viable in any way in this game, I *do* think that 30 guys parachuting in would make for some darn cool screenies and recordings. :)

- edit - My habit of posting short editing to longer stuff later looks like it just finnally bit me. ;P
          Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
          [age-c1]
          [eng][air]

Comment

I'm not against it...because it will certainly gain an advantage in the game.

I'm not going to label it as an exploit...but I certainly wouldn't do it in real life so it is a game related and not a tactical advantage.

Later,

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMann
              I hate to be negative, but there are lots of "tactics" that you can develop that take advantage of the ability of SL's to be spawn points. One might be that, if an SL dies, a surviving squad member starts a new squad immediately and other squad members join that squad and respawn on the new leader. Is this a tactic or a bit of a game exploit? It's a matter of gameplay style.
              What BV mentioned I'm willing to call a tactic. SLs run the show, and people spawn on them. No harm no foul really; it's all about deployment. And picture the risk; what happens when that APC goes down?

What you've mentioned as a counterargument is an exploit, and one that I will administrate with great prejudice. The SL runs the show, and handing off the position SOLELY to reform around a living member takes a piece of the game meant to add a little drama (gotta keep the SL alive if you want to keep your forward position) and twists it into the opposite of TG.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Lagomorph
                while I don't see how such massed attacks on a single point would be tactically viable in any way in this game, I *do* think that 30 guys parachuting in would make for some darn cool screenies and recordings. :)
                We can call it the airborne division.
                Telorn

Comment

[QUOTE=Black_V!per]Okay, i was reading about how APC's should hold more people and what not...

So heres my idea. In the very begining one guy in the APC driving, and the people in the back are the SL's of the entire team. The APC drives by and drops the SL of at one flag, continueing to the next flag, the SL that was droped off can then have his team spawn on him. This would happen at each flag, making for quick flag capturs/defence![\QUOTE]

Given the average lifespan of an APC (esp. on maps with lots of airpower), however, this tactic could also be a good way to kill off all your SLs in one stroke....

Comment

Which is why 2 FAV would be better. Harder to be hit and less damage overall if destroyed.
                    Telorn

Comment

Well, i still like my idea... It would be very helpfull for clan matches, where getting and holding flags are the most important thing.

P.S. 700th post!
                      Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
                        Well, i still like my idea... It would be very helpfull for clan matches, where getting and holding flags are the most important thing.

P.S. 700th post!
                        It would work the first couple times. But after you did it to the same clan a few times, they'd catch on and be waiting with a bunch of AT at the first flags or immediately use aircraft to hunt down the lone APC. If this was done, a coordinated movement of multiple APCs would need to occur. This way the enemy does not know which one holds the SLs.
                        Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Lagomorph
                          One thing I would still ike to try since I haven't had a chance to test it yet is spawning while the SL is in free-fall or while parachuting. I believe someone else had the idea of taking a BH with 5 SLs over a point dropping them all out and having their full squads spawn during the fall. while I don't see how such massed attacks on a single point would be tactically viable in any way in this game, I *do* think that 30 guys parachuting in would make for some darn cool screenies and recordings. :)
                          I so want to see this!!!

Comment

To further expand on this, all SL's should be SpecOps, making them invisible to the opposing CO. They can then proceed to sneak up on their designated target and have their squad spawn on top of the enemy. This, of course, implies that you can afford to be without a full squad while the SL is moving in, but on attack missions you don't really need them until you're at the target.

-=[dMw]=-Cain

Comment

one man can go unnoticed better than 6.
                              Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse