Medic!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic!!

I wanted to hear from the experts of this kit. How do YOU play the medic class?

- What do you do on defense?
    - What do you do on offense?
    - Do you let your squad die and stay on your SL?
    - When do your tactics differ?

let's hear it? I felt woefully inadequate in Tarpans squad last night and felt they could have done better without me.

Re: Medic!!

You did fine in my squad last night, it was a rough map.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I tend to go around and help anyone who has fallen. I try to remember and be battle aware so I don't run out to my death, though. No point in reviving a man if he and I will just die again.

Typically I'll always take out the threat that downed the man, if I saw him, and then still have enough time left to revive the man. Otherwise I, unfortunately, stay back and let the teammate die...unless he was the SL. Then I'll chance it.

I definitely don't take the front lines. I always try to stay behind a team mate. I'll usually hang back and pick off people with single round shots. The M16 in single round is extremely accurate and I've taken people out with a single head shot plenty of times.

Following this strategy I usually score in the top 10 when I go medic.
      Telorn

Comment

If I am playing defense, i spread med packs around so my team can heal themselves if they need to. Whenever i resupply, i spread some around.

On offense I usually stick to the SL so the other guys can spawn unless the SL tells me to go ahead and then i usually stick behind my other dudes to revive.

Never revive if you know the they that killed him is right there. It only leads to 2 more ticket drops for your team. I usually only revive if im pretty certain he will survive (unless its the SL in which case I always revive

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
          No point in reviving a man if he and I will just die again.

Typically I'll always take out the threat that downed the man,
          This is something anyone that's a medic needs to understand. I've had way too many medics try to revive me the instant I drop, while I'm still seeing and hearing bullets fly by my body. Secure first, then revive. Nothing I hate more than being killed, revived, and then dying instantly again.
          [squadl]

Comment

Seriously, nobody is useful when they are dead, but a dead medic is really hopeless. I like playing the medic a lot. The only regret is that you have no explosive capabilities, so can't hold up too well in the face of anything but infantry.

Keeping folks alive is job #1 of the medic, and should be prioritized:

1) Yourself (nobody's getting revived without you, the Medic)
            2) Squad Leader (nobody's spawning without them in place)
            3) Your squad
            4) Other assorted teammates, but only if close by - don't run a mile away from your squad to help out over yonder

Also, medics should almost always be chucking down health packs if they aren't actively doing something else. If you spawn on your SL, drop some for him. If you're on defense, drop 'em for your buddies. Toss some to a sniper, he'll need 'em when he takes that stray bullet. Even if you're in transit, drop a few. You never know when some poor sap will come crawling along in need of help.

Comment

Also, always think twice about reviving a victim of a sniper. Look at the kill message in the top left corner of the screen and if you don't know where the shot came from just stay away - for both your sakes! Nothing is more rewarding for a sniper than to see another victim lining up for you.

-=[dMw]=-Cain

Comment

I dont know, I've found the act of rushing to a newly downed ally can be the perfect red herring--even under heavy fire. Many times Im able to draw fire away from my support/snipers long enough for them to clear the threat. A sprinting Medic has a big ole bullseyes on his back, and drawing fire might be exactly what your squad needs. Many times extremely risky revives really turned the tide, especially if it was a SL.

If I can revive I will. The benefits outweigh the risks, IMHO. And by "can" I mean if Im covered by my squadmates. If Im all alone I'm one camping medic...

Tarpan, if my patient dies again I revive again... ticket still saved! Each ticket saved will begin to add up. tactics or not.

Cain, no problem there. Simply do the anti-sniper revive routine: Rush to corpse, combo prone/stand (immediately back up on your feet), crouch, revive, blaze off towards cover. I anticipate the sniper shots and tend to outlive the snipers as a medic (self-healing + sprinting makes the medic a sniper's worst enemy). The medic cant be blamed if the "sniper fodder" gets sniped again. "Sniper fodder" should be playing less challenging games anyway.

Comment

When defending and not actively fighting enemies, it's good to run around and make sure everyone has health nearby.
                  Always know where your squad leader is and stay within "revive-distance" whether on offense or defense.
                  I stay pretty active and I get in alot of firefights more than I probably should but if I start taking damage I will usually take additional cover to heal myself and let someone else catch up.

I'm with you Walrus, the risks usually are outweighed by the benefits. I try not to be hard headed about it but I'm aggressive in game by nature.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus
                    Tarpan, if my patient dies again I revive again... ticket still saved! Each ticket saved will begin to add up. tactics or not.
                    The problem with this though is when your patient dies again right away and you try to revive again right away, you're in the line of fire even longer. I can't count the amount of medics that I've both taken down and lost because their patient kept going down, and they stuck around to revive again.
                    [squadl]

Comment

The other day I was playing and there were two other friendly squads assaulting the same base. I found myself reviving other squad leaders on multiple occasions. From now on, I'm going to keep half an eye out for squad leaders other than my own. This can turn the tide of battle, to be sure...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Most of the time as a medic I just run around healing people, because not only does it keep your team from loosing a ticket, the people I save have a 84% chance of being better shooters than I am. =p

Comment

I find myself raining death to enemies just as much as a medic as if I picked spec ops or assault. The medic weapon is just as good...you can just die faster because you have no armor...but then you run around a corner and continue on good as new. A huge advantage.

I can usually win in a one on one situation..my problem is then dieing to the next person i run in to before I can get a heal. I don't have this problem when i'm a doc.
                          Telorn

Comment

tarpan, you're right. there is a fix-or-flee threshold at which point a medic must make that very personal decision of whether to revive or not... thankfully, the Teampoints-to-Deaths ratio at the end of a round does a great job at evaluating a medic's "instincts" under fire.

Medic-kit rule of thumb:
                            If you have more deaths (lost tickets) than Teampoints (revives, healpoints) than I'd suggest another profession!
                            Last edited by walrus; 07-21-2005, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Medic is my favorite kit, and Im usually a healer or priest in other games too.

Default tactics would be to stay near the SL.

When reviving, remove the threat first if possible, and remember you usually have 10-25 seconds before their corpse vanishes.

On offense, still key off the SL. If he/she is participating in the assalt, then stay near the SL and watch their back. If the SL is acting as a spawn point, then I assalt the position trying to stay in the vicinity of other squad mates to lend a heal or revive when needed, and use that M16!

For defense, when at a flag, the SL spawn point is slightly less important, so I will usually cover one of the arcs of fire, and find a defensive position for myself. Also, make a med pack area to act as a healing spot, and let your squad know where it is (usually at the flag or nearby). If the defense is not at a flag, the SL spawn is paramount, and once again I will be in the SL's pocket, or nearby to avoid splash damage.

Question 3... I wont revive a squad or team member when they are rushing across an apparent field of fire such as an apc or support firing away. Or when there is no other spawn nearby, and I am backing up the SL.

Tactics will differ when given specific orders, or artillery is incoming, or when its suicide to do anything other than keep your head down. Also when sneaking around, DO NOT throw out medpacks... "Get First Aid, here!" = "Come shoot me and my squad, were wounded!"

They made medics very fun in this game. :) One of my favorites is to revive a squad leader (yours or other squad) when a spawn is nowhere near, and watch 5 troops gate in seconds later. On that thought, SL's are always primary targets, and I will usually risk life and limb to get them back up and going.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X