How to combat hit n runners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to combat hit n runners

You need either and Engineer or a Spec Ops guy for this one. As the vehicle bears down on you to run you over, throw a mine or satchel charge between you and the vehicle and voila!

I did this last night after putting half a click through the windsheild. With no effect I just had time to switch to a satchel, drop it and blow it. I died but I took 2 of the enemy with me and their vehicle (a buggy).

Just don't do it if your team mates are close to you.
    Jex.

Re: How to combat hit n runners

The M203 is good for the buggies and jeeps, too. I'm guessing a claymore would work as well, or a regular grenade. Assuming you could get the timing right.

My favorite thing to do to jeeps and buggies is to ram them head-on with an APC. :D

Also, you might get lucky and have a little ramp-like hill close enough to prone behind and let them jump over you, buying a little time.

But M203 is my favorite. They just come to a flaming halt so impossibly quickly, I giggle every time. :D

Comment

It's slight over-kill, but the TOW does wonders against the "drive-bys".

Comment

So TOW/Mine/M203/C4 are all good anti-run over tactics... Cool ill remember those.
        Oyee

Comment

I always yell "ole!" when an enemy jeep barely misses me.

Comment

I could swear I've seen buggies run right over mines and not be touched..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I drive vehicles over Claymores to clear them out all the time but if you get the right angle on a buggie you might be able to kill someone inside. I once put a TOW straight through the windshield and right out the back of a Humvee so always aim it for something solid.

Comment

If the APC/Buggy/Tank, anything straddles the mine or person then they won't die. You actually have to contact the vehicle.

Comment

I personally have had a tank drive right at me, and ducked. He drove right over without killing me.

He did gun me down shortly after tho.

Another good way of avoiding being killed by buggies driving over you is to put yourself on the far side of a bump. Jeep drivers often go very fast to avoid being shot, and I have had a buggy hit the bump in front of me and get enough air to clear me completely.

Comment

I wonder if the tank turret would kill you on contact...
                    I know I can jump up on the "deck" on the back of a tank, I just wonder if it would be a way to buy a few seconds to try dropping a mine/C4/reload AT/whatever...

Comment

man this reminds me soo much of halo pc, shoot at a noob in a hog, they start charging twards you, put a nade in their path and boom ther deaD

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                        If the physics are just right, I believe both can run right over both mines and prone players. I have lined up a victim with my buggy many times only to drive straight over them. I have also seen APCs run straight over mines. I wouldn't take it as gospel however and certainly wouldn't risk it.
                        This is true, has happened to me once. A buggy was bearing down on me and I accidently hit the prone button. *WHOOSH* The buggy went right over me leaving all limbs intact.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X