Battlefield Ethics - Post your favourite "plese dont and plese do"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Ethics - Post your favourite "plese dont and plese do"

Squadleader (SLs) should start each communication to Commander (CMD) with their squad number.

The CMD should adress the squad with their number before giving a verbal order or message.

Following this ethic :icon_bigg :

SQL 1: "Commander, squad 2 requesting intell on our position"
    CMD: "Squad 2, you are clear"

Not following :( :

SQL 1: "Commander, we need intell on our position"
    SQL 2: "We need suplies as soon as they are available"
    CMD: "Who needed the intell?"
    SQL2: "No not intell, we need suplies"
    CMD: (sends suppplies to SQ1)
    after 10 sec
    SQL 1: "how about that intell....?"

and so on

or in the best/worst case you need to see in the squad list to identify the nameof the guy that is talking to you.

Another thing is that the first and last sounds you make are often cut out, so if you start with Squad 2, maybe the CMD will hear "uad 2" wich is understandable. If you end with your squad number the CMD might hear "Squad --" which again leaves the commander clueless to who is talking.

Hope i make some sense its 5 in the morning here.....
    If quizes are quisical, what would that make tests ? :icon16:

Re: Battlefield Ethics - Post your favourite "plese dont and plese do"

Of course, my favorite is, if yer gonna fly a jet, join the jets squad. If you don't join/make the squad, don't fly a jet.
    Same with the attack helo.
    If you're flying a bomber, and DON'T have a gunner, you should be a squad leader so someone can spawn on you.
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Comment

A squad leader requesting for supplies should use the game's request option in addition to a voice request. It marks on map for the commander where the supplies should be dropped.

Do check around for passengers when entering a vehicle as driver. We always forget one person behind.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

When you make a request for a supply drop or artillery or UAV, please be aware that your crosshairs make the target for the request. If I, as CO, accept a request and it sticks your supplies on the top of a skyscraper, don't be mad at me! :)

As a squad member or SL, don't take it upon youselves to do extra duties without informing the CO. If someone is taking the flag you've just been ordered to leave, proceed to the new target anyway, but inform the CO and ask him if he has new orders based on that information. Short and informative comms are very helpful to the CO. "Commander, we are losing the flag where squad 4 just left, should we fall back and defend, or proceed to our new target?"

Also, if your squad gets killed and you have to spawn at a new location far from your target, let the CO know what has happened and ask him if he has new orders. As CO, I sometimes look at the orders and say "did I tell them to go all the way over there?"

When I play CO, I love having SL's who ask questions and follow orders. It makes sure I don't forget them. If you never say anything, then I usually think you are a squad which is happy just sitting still. And if you do like to be a defensive squad, then by all means let the CO know. Defending is the best part of the game, IMO.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

This isn't an 'ethics' suggestion as much as a common sense suggestion:

CO's: Please DO be aware of what constitutes an opponent's ticket-bleed on each particular map (i.e. us controlling half or all capturable points). And Do use this knowledge to plan your strategy accordingly. For example, if we control 4/5 flags on the wetlands, do NOT send squads to assault the final flag, unless we're clearly winning and there is not much time left.

If it is a very close game in the last 100 or so tickets (like Karkand often is), please advise squads to go on defense, with active medics healing/bringing ppl back from the dead to preserve tickets. Do NOT have squads assaulting a large concentration of troops at these times - these assaults only result in massive ticket losses on our part.

DO have squads spread somewhat evenly over a particular map. Do NOT pick 5 squads to assault one heavily defended map point, with 3 other relatively open points available to be captured.

This is a good thread btw. I always learn something/pick up some new insight when reading these. :)
          Beatnik

Comment

My biggest pet peeve right now in BF2 is stolen vehicles,granted I play on Ranked servers alot right now for the exp points so its probably not as bad on TG servers.when I play the Engineer kit, many times I'll use a jeep to get into position for repairs or to mine an area, get out, do my thing then turn around and find my jeep gone! This leaves me with a long dangerous run back to my squad, and leaves my squad without my help sometimes for quite a while. (I can't seem to bring myself to suicide for the respawn, my will to live is too great :) . Also when playing any kit I like to take the armoured jeeps a block or two from an objective park in an intersection, man the gun and wait for my squad to flush out some badguys. If it gets too hot, I jump in the Drivers seat and try and flank them. More often than not (on other servers) if another squad comes past, one of them will see me on the gun with no driver, and think too himself... hmmm I haven't carjacked anyone today, jump in and proceed to drive MY jeep too HIS objective, which with this mentality of player seems to be getting us both killed quickly and decisively. Moral of my story, if you see someone jump out of the drivers seat, dont assume that means he's hopeing you'll jump in and head off for the Drive-in movies. He might have a plan for that Vehicle later, and unless he spoke to you earlier, that plan might not involve you.

Comment

Great thread, the following are things I've learned by screwing up while in the CO chair:

Do make sure your squads are having fun (otherwise why would they keep playing and/or following orders)
              Do expect them to follow your orders occasionally even if they aren't fun

Do make sure your air assests are being used... Nothings worse for your squads then getting endlessly hammered by enemy air they can't destroy while your jets are grounded for lack of pilots.

Don't have one squad ping-pong from one end of the map to the other. Travel time is an oppurtunity cost that you can't afford to bear and makes the game less fun for that squad.
              Don't use one squad exclusively for the tough fights. As a CO, I've tended to rely on one squad that "always" gets the job done, but remember that you don't want to run them into the ground. People tire and squads change composition as disconnects happen.
              Don't switch squad orders constantly (especially back and forth) without talking to the squad leader about why or else they will dismiss you as a newbie and will stop following orders.

Do give a squad a defensive point between two flags and ask them to guard/attack BOTH those flags as needed. On smaller maps have the SL find a highspot between the two for spotting and spawning.

Don't forget to have your SL check-in if they haven't heard from you in a while (I've gotten busy and forget a squad that's taken a point.)
              Do give your SL standing orders after they have completed a specific order.

Comment

Originally posted by bradb007
                As a CO, I've tended to rely on one squad that "always" gets the job done, but remember that you don't want to run them into the ground. People tire...
                Erm... anyone here get sick of being in the action? Any of you guys get tired of playing? :)
                Hmm... not sure about that one. The OTHER squads (the ones not being used) might get annoyed tho.
                "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                - Lazarus Long

Comment

Thank you!
                  Im very happy with it. As i am pretty new here i did not know if should post it or not. Maybe it was not the right place. But i tried it and i already red so many great tips. Maybe all collect all tips and make a single list.
                  If quizes are quisical, what would that make tests ? :icon16:

Comment

For the love of all that's holy, if you ask to do something and the CO tells you no, don't ask again every 15 seconds. It's annoying, it's childish, and it gets in the way of the CO instructing other squads. In correlation, don't stop talking to the CO because you don't agree with him, or didn't get your way.

Also, if the CO gives you a chance to call for artillery, and you will want it in the near future, tell him. Don't just wait and call it later when you need it. Nothing is more frustrating than offering artillery to a squad, thinking they don't need it due to their silence, and then having it called for after you've dropped it somewhere else.
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X