Tips on shooting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on shooting?

Why is it that, at long range, the ennemy shoots only 2-3 bullets at me and I die but I need to shoot half a magazine for him to die? No mather what gun I use (not sniper), same for the ennemy (They were not snipers in that case)

My aim can't be that bad, unless I need to compensate if the ennemy is far away? ie: shoot slightly higher? Should I just aim for the head and hope that one bullet makes it? Or aim for the body and pray & spray?

I know I'm not the only one with that problem, lots of people on my squad were complaining about that Saturday night. I guess we were the moron squad or something.. ;)

Re: Tips on shooting?

First off you need to set you weapon to single shot and shoot slowly - i.e. let the x-hair settle before shooting again. If you can aim for the head do so.

I seem to find that at distance, it takes only a few shots to kill whereas close up I can waste a whole clip on someone and miss with every bullet.
    Jex.

Comment

What is the X after a long shot? Often with the sniper rifle, I would shoot someone, and then an X would appear. Its almost like a lead indicator, displaying where I should aim. But Im not certain.
      Power may grow from the barrel of a gun, but control....... stems from the 1st and the 15th.

Comment

Agreed with Jex, set your gun to single fire mode at long distance. You can do this by hitting the 3 key to switch between firing modes of your rifle.

Also, be sure to be in prone and really it is just learning how to time your popped one shots to almost be automatic speeds, but with the accuracy of single shot. Hope this helps.
        [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
        TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Comment

Thanks a lot for the tips! I'll try that tonight if I get some play time.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathdealer247
            What is the X after a long shot? Often with the sniper rifle, I would shoot someone, and then an X would appear. Its almost like a lead indicator, displaying where I should aim. But Im not certain.
            X means u got a hit and your target is wounded or dead. If u get a X after a shot be happy.

Comment

One of the reasons why I play medic mostly:
              Snipers rarely one shot kill (unless they pull off a headshot), meaning I can run and hide 'n (if possible) heal, then try and track down or at least 'spot' that sniper.
              Countersniping is possible, since you can duck, heal, shoot, duck and heal as necessary.
              (Esp with the unlock L85)

Comment

and dont forget the iron sight ! if I am not mistaken there is a bonus damage point when you use your iron sight. Plus it is easier to aim. I almost always use the iron sight. exception is CQB...

Comment

Originally posted by Chimaeran13
                  One of the reasons why I play medic mostly:
                  Snipers rarely one shot kill (unless they pull off a headshot), meaning I can run and hide 'n (if possible) heal, then try and track down or at least 'spot' that sniper.
                  Countersniping is possible, since you can duck, heal, shoot, duck and heal as necessary.
                  (Esp with the unlock L85)

ive gotten more one shot kills as a sniper then not....im getting better at the leading and shooting someone one the run....i look forward to seein you in the field.....ask ne one that as played with me or mateo a good sniper can make your night a living hell. I like to sit and hunt..if i see your name alot i pick on you all night..

happy hunting
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

I see you take alot of pride in your sniping.
                    No disregard meant to snipers. I rarely play one as I'm too spazy to hang around one spot, so you'll have to excuse me for not knowing all too much about sniping.
                    And yea I have had times where I bit the dust on full health with the only clue being <name>M24<Chimaeran13>

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar
                      and dont forget the iron sight ! if I am not mistaken there is a bonus damage point when you use your iron sight. Plus it is easier to aim. I almost always use the iron sight. exception is CQB...
                      OK, here's where I'm confused... And this might just be the "ineffective bullets bug/lag", but when I switch to iron sights and place the tippy top edge of the front sight post in the center of my target, I constantly miss. I mean, even when I'm prone and lined up on a sniper that's not moving at all!

Are you guys lining your sights up differently?

Here's what I'm talking about, in the last example, the top edge of the front sight is centered in the diamond:
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I can only seem to get constant head shots, and be deadly as a sniper, when I'm on the USMC side. I hate the MEC sniper...and it seems whenever I'm on a map I might snipe as when OpFor, it's always MEC! ah!
                        Telorn

Comment

Countersniping is done best with either another sniper rifle or an AT missile :P
                          When I use the M4 on single shot when prone I often get green X's and with the dot its somewhat easier to aim for heads :)

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                          BF2142 Names:
                          Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                          Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                          Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                          Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
                            I can only seem to get constant head shots, and be deadly as a sniper, when I'm on the USMC side. I hate the MEC sniper...and it seems whenever I'm on a map I might snipe as when OpFor, it's always MEC! ah!
                            The key to the SVD is it's rapidity. Three rounds can be loosened before most players can respond. So line up the first shot, tripple tap the fire key, reposition for the next shot.

Comment

I don't know how I aim my iron sight...I guess I just feel for it and commonly get head shots. I always switch to single fire, as the accuracy is much better. I can rapid fire in single shot, without having to wait between shots, and maintain good accuracy.

That reminds me when I was SpecOps once...I love the laser sight..get head shots all the time...anyway, I was firing on two guys that were diagonal to me coming up a ramp. I fire on one and kill him...the other guy ducks behind the cement barrier. The moment he pops his head up to fire at me, I pop him once in the head and he died. I know that must have pissed him off :)
                              Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X