Player styles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player styles?

I've noticed that many of the folks in the game aren't very team oriented. A number of times i was left sitting at the helo pad on the carrier when some guy takes off in the BH completely empty. Also the BH has been argued as a great gunship but lets face it, it is a Transport/Support unit. Meaning it takes folks to the fight and helps them out. Not just takes off and acts like a cobra.

Also i see very little poeple actually looking at the other members load out. I mean I've been on a server with 32 guys on each side and there wasn't a single medic or support kit in there. When you call for a medic you rarely ever get one. The LAV's are like the BH but on the ground. They transport and support troops by taking out enemy armor and fortified enemy troops.

I played a game the other day and there where 4 of us that had formed a group and we didn't need to ask each other anything as we know what the others where capable of and we supported each other. We used a BH (then a LAV25 when the BH got shot down) and we took out just about the entire map. We found supply lines where people would traverse to the front lines and setup a ambush. We held them back long enough for the rest of the team to take most of the map. The opponents weren't very smart as all they had to do was change there spawn location and then backtrack to kill us or simply try and outflank us. We didn't do any flag camping as i hate that crap. Thats the type of thing that bugs me, i mean nobody all night long really wanted to take us out. Sure we had a few guys here and there a sniper occasionally try and take us down. But no organized squad ever came and thats what it would have taken. (i'd like to point out that the sniper on my team was sent from god. He was the best dang sniper i've ever seen. Also he was our helo pilot and he rocked at that also. he prolly could have pulled most of this whole thing off himself lol )

But all in all why don't people be more cooporitive and use the game as a tactical game rather then some sort of death match on a tiny ass map in unreal? even a small group of people that work well together and select the appropriate kits for the job can do a lot of damage.

- Facing

Re: Player styles?

Your rants are the same as others here. Welcome to a whole new experience! hope you enjoy the teamwork!

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Originally posted by Facingwest
      ...some guy takes off in the BH completely empty.
      Sometimes, they're going to pick up and transport a squad.

Anyways, keep playing on the TG servers. Generally speaking, the teamplay there is above that on the other pubs.
      "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
      - Lazarus Long

Comment

Unlucky people play on a TG server during an hour where not a lot of good players are present and post about their bad experience, without giving it a chance and finding a good squad.

OR

Just some random dude go around googling up Battlefield2 communities and post on their forums how they feel and what should be changed.

OR

Never mind. I will stop at that.

Comment

No i wasn't on a TG server. Also this is my first post on any forum. I didn't mean to sound like i was ranting although looking over the post now i see that i was lol.

But anyway great game, i'll continue to blow the crap out of the unorganized opponent and gather what people i can that feel the same way as i and have some fun.

- Facing

Comment

See? I guessed right...

Facing... Please please do look up the IP s for the TG hosted servers and also look into the Supporting Members' advantages. Also play on one of TG servers and you will delete your post in shame.

I will start you with the following few facts:
            - TG servers are modified to enforce everybody in game to be in a squad. Anybody who is not in a squad within 60 seconds will be kicked from the server automatically.
            - Once you get in the whole experience will be overwhelming. You will see 4-5 full squads and couple of air squads.. You will be like holy mother so many full squads... Never seen... WTH?
            - Once you join a squad VOIP is gonna go crazy on you. Your SL is gonna say "What is up Facing... We could use a support, never mind AT class... We got Tank coming in with infantry support... W side..." And you will dive into action.
            - After disconnecting from a TG server you will come back here and post about your experience and delete this thread in shame.
            - Before you go to sleep you think about the moments that happened on the TG servers tonight and while you are sleeping you will dream about fragging a guy and getting killed by somebody else.

I sound like a nerd... I do not dream about TG ;).

Comment

[QUOTE/]I sound like a nerd... I do not dream about TG ;).[/QUOTE]

Right..... and I don't play pc games.... JK!!

Comment

Welcome to Tactical Gamer! Please read the Rules, Announcements, and SOPs.

Woohoo, I finnaly got to say it!

Comment

Originally posted by saik0
                  Welcome to Tactical Gamer! Please read the Rules, Announcements, and SOPs.

Woohoo, I finnaly got to say it!
                  Shine comes off of that after about the 100 time you say that. You start to feel like a stewardess:

"Thank you for choosing Tactical Gamer Air. Make sure to read the SOPs in the pocket in front of you, and remember this is a No-UCB camping flight."

Comment

Oh man! Would you mind if I stole that for a sig line?>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed