Gulf of Oman USMC Assault Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf of Oman USMC Assault Plan

After still being jetlagged from my journey to China, I set about this morning (3AM) to devise a formidable attack strategy for use by the USMC on the map Gulf of Oman.

As I cannot post attachments, I will make do with other hosting services and links.
    There are no Italic, Bold, or Underlined fonts since I cut and pasted, thus ` will signify who is the squad leader of each group.

The following corresponds with this beautiful MSPaint attack plan.
    http://img310.imageshack.us/my.php?i...tleplan7mc.jpg

8 Squad Attack Plan for Gulf of Oman

Squad 1 – Strike Fast, Destroy Bridges and Hold Waterways. Defend 1, Assault 2, Assist 3.

Spec Ops x1, `Sniper x1, Assault x1, Support x1, Antitank x1, Medic x1

Squad 2 – Cover Squad 3 and Secure Construction Site. Defend 1, Cover 2, Assist 3.

Sniper x2, Antitank x1, `Support x1, Assault x1, Medic x1

Squad 3 – Assault Construction Site. Defend 1, Assault 2, Assist 3.

Assault x3, Medic x2, `Spec Ops x1

Squad 4 – Assault Hotel Through Land and Air. Defend 1, Assault 2, Assist 3.

Antitank x2, Spec Ops x1, `Sniper x1, Assault x1, Engineer x1

Note: Black Hawk Squad Takes Both Antitank Troops and the Engineer To Hotel Roof

Black Hawk – Support Squad 4 and Defend Beachhead. Assist 1, Assault 2-4, Defend 5

`Medic x1, Engineer x1, Sniper x1

Note: Black Hawk Picks Up Both of Squad 2’s Snipers and it’s Antitank At Construction Site

Special Operations – Lone Wolf Assault of Strategic Enemy Systems. Uncertain Route.

Spec Ops x1

Commander/Cobra Gunner

----Engineer x1---- – Strategic Command and Aerial Support. Cobra Pilot Route.

Cobra Pilot

`Engineer x1 – Aerial Support. Cover 1, Assault 2-5, Defend 6, Refuel 7.

Super Hornet Pilots

Engineer x1 – Bomber Support. Route Indeterminate. Target: Fulcrum and Flanker.

`Antitank x1– Ground Support. Route Indeterminate. Target: Havok and Issued Land Targets.

Please give me your thoughts, I know its insanely ambitious, but I also know it would be beautiful to pull off. I feel like commanders need these kind of plans to really take advantage of all their units on a map. One tremendous benefit of this strategy is that everyone has some degree of understanding as to who defends what in case of an attack.

Well, hope my life hasnt been wasted.
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: Gulf of Oman USMC Assault Plan

looks good to me! nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus
      looks good to me! nice work.
      -Zephyr
      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

We are no clan.

Comment

nuh uh!

Comment

The primary use of the F-35's should be bomber suppression of the MEC bomber. A competant bomber pilot can easily clear out a CP allowing for easy capture with the bomber. Keeping the bomber occupied / destroyed is critical to keeping your troops safe.
          The faster the USMC pilots can get in the air the better, intercepting the bomber as soon as is humanly possible. The F35's can drop their bombs on the way to intercepting the bomber and then return to the carrier for reload and perform vehicle supression.

Comment

TEMM speaks trooth.
            Win the air war.

This should be the target prioritization of the fighter (If an "if" clause does not evaluate to 'true', skip to the next priority):
            Code:
            1. Bomber               Single greatest air threat to your team
            2. Jets              (...if they are effectively threatening you.)
            3. Helos                Second greatest air threat to your team
            4. Jets              (...if they are effectively threatening your helos)
            5. Ground targets    (...if air supremacy has been achieved)
            P.S. That isn't really code.
            "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
            - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
              TEMM speaks trooth.
              Win the air war.
              I agree with the air comments and would like to add my support to them. However, in general BF2 is not won in the air. It is won by ground troops taking and holding flags. If your ground troops aren't holding enough flags to stop bleed, no ammount of bombing from the air is going to make up for those lost tickets.
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Yes, Rincewind - absolutely true. Air power doesn't actually DO anything toward winning.

But all by itself, it can swing the battle drastically either way. That's a lot of power.
                Your team must try to gain Air Supremacy to act in close air support role, or deny the enemy that Supremacy to protect your ground troops.
                - Lazarus Long

Comment

Yes, Rincewind - absolutely true. Air power doesn't actually DO anything toward winning.

But all by itself, it can swing the battle drastically either way. That's a lot of power.
                  Your team must try to gain Air Supremacy to act in close air support role, or deny the enemy that Supremacy to protect your ground troops.
                  Yes, like most things in this game it depends on the situation :)
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

The point of this plan, while it may not be accurate to the highest degree when it comes to jet combat (my weakest field), is to give everyone a role and make them understand that they should execute it as part of a greater whole.

Anyone up for scheduling a time for trying this out on the 64 player server?

I'd also argue that as a bomber, the priority targets are infantry not vehicles. The point of the helicopter is to remove vehicles while the jets remove helicopters.
                    -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
                      The point of this plan...
                      My apologies to you for participating in a thread-hijacking. :icon15:
                      - Lazarus Long

Comment

TEMM speaks trooth.
                        Win the air war.

This should be the target prioritization of the fighter (If an "if" clause does not evaluate to 'true', skip to the next priority):
                        Code:
                        1. Bomber               Single greatest air threat to your team
                        2. Jets              (...if they are effectively threatening you.)
                        3. Helos                Second greatest air threat to your team
                        4. Jets              (...if they are effectively threatening your helos)
                        5. Ground targets    (...if air supremacy has been achieved)
                        P.S. That isn't really code.
                        I don't think there's any greater threat than a well-coordinated Blackhawk team, or a good pair of attack chopper pilots. The bombers can lay waste to an open field, but it's the choppers that can literally clear every nook-and-cranny of a base so the ground troops can move in.

Once pilots get completely comfortable with handling the chopper, you can adapt a sort of 'drunken fighting' style of maneuvering that literally makes you immune to missiles and the majority of ground fire, and even jets. The only real concern I have in an attack chopper.. is another attack chopper. (and those pesky trees! :-D)

Comment

The plan people! The plan that I slaved away on!! Talk about the plan!!!
                          -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
                            The plan people! The plan that I slaved away on!! Talk about the plan!!!
                            -Zephyr
                            Yes, we agree, getting two attack choppers in the air to back up a blackhawk is a good plan. :D
                            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Actually I didn't understand a damn thing of that picture. But I would like to observe that Oman is a 50%+1 map. USMC starts the game with 4 of the 7 CPs. You have no need to attack. Defend your four points and you will win through ticket bleed.

One more thing, attack chopper crews should be 1x Support and 1x Engy. That will put a full Helo Pad at any point of the map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X