Quick Formations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Formations

I admit (and have been told many many times) that I'm light on the VOIP when I'm SL, but this is just because I hate micromanaging my squad. In light of this "less is more" VOIP philosophy (which isnt for everyone, I know), I wanted to create a thread where we can all share Quick Formations. Note: Quick Formations need to be simple. Quick Formations need to be easy to call-out over VOIP.

List the actual VOIP command in CAPS, followup VOIP commands = num+alpha.

---
    1. WIDE SWEEP (direction: N,S,E,W): Simple combing pattern; spot all targets; backup your closest neighbor; report missed alleys/backstreets (urban); grenade low rooftops just in case (urban).

1A. BAIT: engage briefly only to disengage and fall back into the sweep in hopes of drawning the enemy into an ambush. Neighbors nearest target need swoop in from both sides to pinch the incoming enemy. Neighbors far from target need to go into wide overwatch of the outskirts until the baited threat is neutralized. Spot all targets to help prevent us from getting pinched ourselves. Await possible "BUNCH" order.

1B. CLOSE: the wide-ends of the "line" need to rapidly pivot inwards towards the enemy/flag like a chevron closing. This is an offensive followup, unlike "BUNCH".

1C: BUNCH: everyone stop, the wide-ends need to group with the nearest neighbor and move inwards together, covering each other in the process. central troops need take cover until the wide-ends arrive. Everyone meets up in the center of the sweep.

1D: SPREAD: increase the distance between you and your neighbor.

1E: SQUEEZE: decrease the the distance between you and your neighbor.

1F: REFORM: follow-up order is complete. return to original Quick Formation.
    ---

please list some Quick Formations that have worked for you. The simple commands will be incredibly useful to SL's once people know what to listen for.

Re: Quick Formations

good topic walrus.

there is no place for micromanagement in a tactical game. we need these kind of tactical orders.

the difficulty of using these orders is obvious. everyone should know what you mean when you say "wide sweep"

I am working of formation, maneuver, offensive and defensive tactical orders and will share them when done.

It would be really nice if we had a standard "TG Tactical Orders" compilation which is used by all squads...

Comment

Everything you need to learn regarding this is in the FM7-8 or the Ranger Handbook.
      Power may grow from the barrel of a gun, but control....... stems from the 1st and the 15th.

Comment

Im a silly villain, I know not what the FM7-8 is. ROFL.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. BTW, I didn't think you were light on the VOIP when I played with you. My philosophy is only talk as much as needed. I just get sick of hearing people going "um, yeah, um, I want support to set up in a ........good position" in public games.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X