No announcement yet.

Jack-of-all-trades... Kit Switchin fun!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack-of-all-trades... Kit Switchin fun!

Be sure to use all those kits laying on the ground after enemies and teamates die.

Hit the G key to grab any kit you see laying around.

Grab that medics kit and res your teamates! Need ammo? That kit right there has enough for you and your teamates! Tank nearby? Grab the AT kit and launch!

I have lots of fun switching kits on the fly in the middle of battle. Last night I was a Special Forces in the enemy base. I had recently blown up some assets, and was alone and out of C4. Lo and behold, an enemy support opens fire on me! I shot him down, grabed his kit, layed out some ammo packs, grabed my SF kit back, then grabed some ammo, and moved on to the rest of the artillery.

Just remember you arn't stuck with the kit you spawned with, and there are a thousand fun strategies to employ by grabing those kits!

Re: Jack-of-all-trades... Kit Switchin fun!

Look out, budahack is a switch kitter! :row__577:

Comment

Hey I do that every time, when I see a medic kit on the ground I switch to it, throw all the med packs on the ground, and switch back. =p It's very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
        Look out, budahack is a switch kitter! :row__577:
        Oh! Boo! Hisss! :D
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
          Oh! Boo! Hisss! :D
          You are only saying that 'cause I got to post it first. :icon16:

Comment

once my medic squad leader was killed, i picked up HIS kit, and revived him. he ended up getting my kit and was very confused, but happy to be alive

Comment

Yeh, reviving a medic is easy lol, just get his kit, downside is when you do that, he gets your kit and you keep his...

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
              BF2142 Names:
              Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
              Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
              Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
              Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

I switch kits just because itís faster then reloading. I encourage every squad to have no more then one of any kit. If you need more then one of a kit just pick it off a dead body.

My theory is that redundant kits limit squad options. Having a more diverse squad will be more effective. If everyone in the squad has a different kit you will be able to react to any situation without needing someone to die and switch.

Not everyone is going to have a useful kit at every moment with a diverse squad. For example there are a few heavy vehicles attacking. The AT attacks the vehicles while an Engineer or SF blocks the path of the vehicles with mines/C4. The vehicles, blocked by the mines/C4, can't rush your squad and they're forced into a shootout. Now your squad can hunker down and let the AT do his work. If the AT dies and respawns you have an unused AT kit. If you have a sniper who isn't a useful class for fighting vehicles he can pick up the extra AT kit. When the vehicles are gone he can switch back to the sniper kit on the ground and you don't sacrifice the abilities of a sniper to get a second AT. So if infantry try and rush you after you fight off the vehicles (say the squad dismounted) you aren't left with a squad of SMGs/Shotguns that get outranged and cut to pieces by Assault/Sniper Rifles.

I think the biggest advantage of a diverse squad is that even if you're the last guy left in you may still have extra ammo, AT mines, health packs, C4, and Claymores at your disposal. That's a lot of firepower for one guy. If it's your SL he's got a much better chance of surviving until the squad can rally on him.

Comment

the only time i ever switch is when im the chinese/mec and i was the M24...ive done that a few times, that gun is so much better then the other sniper rifles.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

I'd have to agree that being able to quickly identify the kits laying on the ground around you and knowing which to grab can be a life saver (literally!) I spend most of my time on Ranked servers as Spec Ops floating around picking off that lone guy or two running between objectives on foot and C4 bombing the road leading out of their bases. If I kill a medic or support guy, I always try to grab their kit and go drop their bags over in a secure spot. After the next patch, I will probably switch over to playing base defense since I should have a steady stream of Sam Fisher wannabes coming after my commander's assets. =)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X