Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Response Squads (3-man Squads)

FRS:

Ive been rethinking the possibilities of the MEDIC! squad and I think it'll work nicely as another FRS, much like Tarpan's RAPID, RECON! and to some extent the HELO squad. Medics in a helo, swooping in to heal and revive is highly realistic. Granted, 6 medics is a tad much, I'd suggest the MEDIC! squad be small. Perhaps 3 Medics in jeeps or helos. I think all FRS should be ready to perform flanking, pesting, and intercept maneuvers without being told. But the MEDIC! squad would have an important role to play: reviving another squad's *only* medic in a pinch.

Any thoughts?

Re: Fast Response Squads (3-man Squads)

On a smaller map I think that might be feasible. But on the large maps they could revive on the squad leader before the medics got there.

Comment

how about this, a support only squad of 2xSupport, 2xeng, 2xmedic one being a BH pliot to fly around the map fixing stuff, healing and resupplying frontline troops, the medics could and support could just toss packs out the back to troops on the ground unless they had to land to revive.

Comment

I actually had a variation on this squad called SUPPORT. Basically a 3-man squad consisting of a Medic, a Support, and an Engineer. They could roll around from flag to flag and combat to combat, dropping med packs, ammo and repairing things in short order. Almost like a supply drop on wheels.
        [squadl]
        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I agree with a full resupply BH. That could be very useful with all 3 but you might want to put in an anit tank in there. Just in case a squad does not have one and artillery is reloading.

Comment

nice Tarpan. And like all good TRIOs, provide pinch Flanking, Pesting, and Mining Key Roads?

this could easily turn into a full SUPPORT squad with two identical 3-man fireteams.

2 jeeps
            2 support
            2 medics
            2 engineers

I love it.

Comment

I would argue that TG's respawn timers should be much longer to add some extra penalty on death and encourage nice strategies like this that are worthless when you can just die and be back with your squad a full health in less than 15 seconds.

Has TG's admins considered moving the respawn timer significantly higher?

Comment

Originally posted by bradb007
                I would argue that TG's respawn timers should be much longer to add some extra penalty on death and encourage nice strategies like this that are worthless when you can just die and be back with your squad a full health in less than 15 seconds.

Ignore the previous post! Blashphemer! Unclean! Unclean! ;)
                Beatnik

Comment

That sounds good. Real good.
                  "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                  - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by bradb007

id love to see longer spawn times, no longer then 30 seconds id hope.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X