Does this count as ramming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this count as ramming?

I have the tendency, since nobody uses the MEC chopper nearly enough on a bunch of these maps, to run interference with the blackhawks and purposely getting in the way while avoiding being shot by those miniguns. I try and force the blackhawk to either head off in another direction or to ground itself. Normally in these situations I create a T sort of shape where I'm the top and he is head into my side.

If I'm trying to ground I just hover over the top (a bit to the front so the pilot sees me and I'm out of the way of any anti tanks in the bay) and I start lowering myself. This does work pretty well as I often end up running off blackhawks this way or keeping them still long enough for a few AT rockets to hit it.
    [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
    [tg-c1]<victory

Re: Does this count as ramming?

In my opinion, using any vehicle for any purpose other than its original intent is not an efficient use of that asset. The problem with the MEC chopper is, as you quite correctly point out; hardly anyone uses it. In this case, using the vehicle as distraction can be quite effecitve.. but a pilot performing such an action as to place himself and the helicopter at a greater risk of danger could most probably find a more effective use of himself moving troops in and out of hot combat areas =)

Oh my gosh I do ramble on.
    leejo: "I'll stop shooting at medics when they stop reviving people who are trying to kill me."

Comment

To answer your question Mishkan, I would not consider that ramming. According to your description your intent is not to crash your vehicle into the enemy.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

But the intent, I think could be seen as making them crash into me.
        [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

I personally will ram you.. run you over.. land on another flying helo if I am flying.. bash you with a tank.. or any other such manuever to further my mission accomplishment. If it wins the game then it may be attempted.
          I will not do ANY of these unless I am fairly certain I can do it without killing myself.
          I also use some form of risk analysis as I go after whomever it is that needs to be taken out. My job is to advance the the intent of my Commander.
          .... if the Japanese can do it, so can I. But Ill do it better :icon_bigg

Meat Drapes
          Meat Drapes
          -[OIJ]-
          Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

i swear you're not quite getting me
            [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

I will do the same thing with the MEC chopper. It is hard though... that copter is like a lumbering flying brick. But If it can be used to shoo away the Blackhawk... I try.
              Meat Drapes
              -[OIJ]-
              Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

i like the idea, since you say you only use it when no one else is, i say its perfectly fine. but im not an official TG member.

Comment

Also note that there is no rule against ramming. There was the gentlemen's contract, but no official rule.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the bottom line (if we were to look at this strictly) is that you're using the vehicle in an inappropriate way - when compare to real life. We wouldn't use a chopper like that.

But the "real life" metric is not always the right metric to use. It eventually falls short, because this is a game. It's useful, often, to compare against it, but you can't rely on it to make all your behavior decisions in-game.

In this case, you are, (IMHO,FWIW) right on the borderline. You aren't ramming. You aren't actually causing a ram (the BH pilot can deal with you in a number of ways). You ARE executing a maneuver which takes a great deal of skill (and is therefore NOT cheap). But you are using an asset in a very non-real-life way.

I think you need to let your conscience be your guide. Given the (small amount of) thought I've put into it so far, I wouldn't be upset at your tactic.
                    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                    - Lazarus Long

Comment

The key here is no one else is using the chopper I think. Not using all your team's assests is putting yourself at a disadvantage needlessly. RL is a nice guide and all, but this IS a game and since that BH probably has 2-3 people in it at least, trading your ticket for 2-3 of theirs is usually going to be worth it. And his intent isn't to ram, if you were just kamakazing (sp?) into the BH every time, I'd cry foul too. The fact that you have the option to use this tactic is the underlying problem. Your team should just make better use of the chopper as a transport which would render this whole conversation moot. And I suspect the nerf fairy will be visiting the USMC airbase fairly soon anyway...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X