Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Spawn / Medic / Support squad section.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Spawn / Medic / Support squad section.

Ok i am sure this has been discussed before, but I am looking for people who want to practice this tactic seriously for use in organized matches etc.

I am referring to the simple and effective use of the squad leader as a mobile spawn point, and a dedicated medic, and semi-dedicated support class. SL hangs back from current target in safe location, but with view of action. Medic stays hidden close to SL to revive and provide health for injured units, this can be achieved within one squad.. or, two squads team so as to balance medic/attack classes.

The ultimate goal is to keep the dedicated medic alive, even if the entire squad is wiped out. Effective use of this tactic can be extremely effective and very frustrating for the enemy. The commander must play a role to distract attention from SL/medic zones, and provide supplies and arty where appropriate; this is critical to overall success.

I am currently playing mostly medic and trying to fill the dedicated medic role where possible, it is quite fun so far - I encourage others to try even if you are not really playing medic class. It is a good idea to understand how other classes work, even if you are not intending to play them much.

My ramblings are done, farewell.

PS: I learned the effectiveness of this strategy from Bommando, he pulls it off to perfection.
    leejo: "I'll stop shooting at medics when they stop reviving people who are trying to kill me."

Re: Mobile Spawn / Medic / Support squad section.

As a medic, sometimes if the gap beetween the SL and the rest of the group get wide it could be difficult to keep both healed, as both SL and front troops are more confident knowing the medic is nearby, it sometimes required for me to walk more and save the sprint bar for when its really needed.

While I dont expect teamates to try to keep me alive more than another class, one thing I do like to see is when Me and another teammate crossfire on the same target, trigger at the exact same time, I am starting to see this more and more, not only on defensive positions but also while we are on the move, in close quarter combat situations.

For me what it boils down to these days is trying to stay alive, to die less. The reasonI am paying more attention to medic deaths is I want to see how medic dying less can help make sure we accomplish easy missions right from the first attempt, and also accomplish higher risk missions. A bad round I will die about 25 times, but some good rounds I have been able to reduce it to 12-15 deaths. What kills me these days is when I am taunting the enemy, or incoming vehicles I didnt see. Reviving dosent get me killed much, as I can revive from 3 feet away while prone, or just sprint and revive on the fly without stopping.

-S

breakdancing since the 80's

Comment

I don't know if i completely understand what you guys are talking about, but i think i get it.

first off, making the SL a medic, is just dumb, as the mobile spawn, people need to keep YOU alive, not YOU keeping your squad alive. you keep your squad alive by having them spawn on you. so since the mobile spawn shuld stay in the back it makes most sense for them to be support and just lay support and cover fire for the squad.

Comment

Yeah I do this sometimes when playing SL especially if the point you need to take is a long way from a friendly base. For this to work you need to make sure everyone in the squad realizes they can switch to one of the medic's kits and revive in case of a disaster like an arty strike that levels half the squad.

And I never, ever take support as SL because the gun draws so much attention to your position you may as well just put a big bullseye on you. When SL'ing I always take medic,assault or spec ops.
        Never lock the dogs when the wolf is in the darkness.
        [age-c1][conduct]

Comment

As SL I won't hang back hiding as I like to get into the fight. However I have my squad go forward and I'll hang back a little. Using the SL as a medic means he can heal himself if he needs to. I've always been in two minds about having the SL as a medic, and some days I just cannot decide what kit to take (support for ammo, eng for repair, Spec Ops for charges, sniper for clays... oooh the choices...)
          Jex.

Comment

I think the SL should not be a medic, if he is killed its a revive kit less, the SL should be anti tank, assault or spec ops.
            In a squad of 6, I think the best would be:
            2 Medics
            1 Support
            1 Engineer (Can be SL)
            1 Spec Ops (Can be SL)
            1 Anti Tank (Can be SL)

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
            BF2142 Names:
            Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
            Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
            Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
            Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

when SL, I play assault

breakdancing since the 80's

Comment

Yeh, it might be the best choice for SL, as they can throw smoke grenades.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                BF2142 Names:
                Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

If the Medic(SL) dies a squadie or ally can pick up his kit and revive him!

a dead SL with his own shockpaddles is never really "completely dead".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X