My personal favorite squad setups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My personal favorite squad setups

What I do as SL sometimes, is I'm the support class, and i stay at the rear of the squad, i have a medic who's first priority is keeping myself alive. i have another medic who focuses on the rest of the squad. i have a dedicated antitank. then the other two will switch between assualt, spec ops, and eng. ill appoint one of the spec/assault/eng as point man and he leads the squad. we move in single file with my dedicated medic at the end, and myself in front of him. when we are confronted with enemies, i sit back and lay support fire, works like a charm.

also with this set up i can split my squad up into two fireteams, each fireteam has a medic. fireteams seem to work best in infantry stages, like karkland and mashinturr (sp?). the fireteam consisting of my medic, spec/ass, and myself will attack oncoming troops from the front, then my other fireteam comes around from the side and takes them out no problem. this of course is called fire and manuver, one FT fires distracting the squad, then the other half of your team flanks them.

another set up i have is myself as spec ops or assualt, and i keep the same setup for the rest of my squad, except someone is taking my support place. the samething goes for this class. and while im assault, when i stay back i put my rifle on single fire and surpress the enemy with accurate shots, or my grenades from my launcher. its also effective when assualting a flag ill tell my team "im tossing my sdmoke grenade, as soon as it goes off attack the flag and take cover" works very very well.

this has proven to be the most effective squads ive ever created and people seem to like it. This of course takes everyone to be team players meaning they follow orders. and its very important for everyone to have VOIP because communication is always essential in a good squad.

Re: My personal favorite squad setups

The most balanced squad I was apart of was:

(1) Sniper SL
    (2) Assault
    (1) Medic
    (1) Support
    (1) Anti-Tank

The SL would find a good vantage point over a flag and serve as a spawn point/sniper/spotter while we took the flag. Then we would defend the flag while he moved to find a vantage point over the next flag. This leap frog technique was pretty effective also. If we got wiped out on D then we respawned on our SL and took the flag back. If he died looking for a new perch, he could respawn with us at the flag.

The other end of the scale is the dedicated kit squad. I playing USMC on Dalian Plant one night and a very good Chinese squad of 3 AT's, 1 Eng, and 1 Medic spent the game hanging out between the flag closest to the Chinese UCB and the flag in the warehouse. I died to them a couple times before finally sneaking up on them on foot and watching them destroy one of our tanks.

And VOIP is much easier, but not 100% needed. I was in a squad one night that our SL ran very effectively with the commo-rose(sp? the Q key). Where the lack of VOIP will hurt is if you need to quickly change kits and/or tactics. Or if you want to do anything complicated.

Comment

ive always thought about doing this, the sniper for a squad leader, but never tried it, maybe ill have to try it sometime.

Comment

I've been thinking of a SIEGE! squad:

3x Assault, heavy anti-infantry GL (nade launcher)
        2x Support, heavy cover-fire
        1x Medic [SL], pulling anchor + pinch revives

This Squad's sole purpose would be punching holes through tough-to-crack frontlines, using the GL's mainly to scatter and spread the defense out via panic. The support troops mop up infantry running from nades.

This Squad would have to practice coordinated GL strikes at range. It would also have to master indirect GL strikes over heavy cover and at range.

This Squad could be very effective on urban maps. Oddly, this squad converts to a serious DEFENSIVE unit very quickly with the GL's as tiny mortar shells and the support/medic for resupply.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus
          I've been thinking of a SIEGE! squad:

3x Assault, heavy anti-infantry GL (nade launcher)
          2x Support, heavy cover-fire
          1x Medic [SL], pulling anchor + pinch revives

This Squad's sole purpose would be punching holes through tough-to-crack frontlines, using the GL's mainly to scatter and spread the defense out via panic. The support troops mop up infantry running from nades.

This Squad would have to practice coordinated GL strikes at range. It would also have to master indirect GL strikes over heavy cover and at range.

This Squad could be very effective on urban maps. Oddly, this squad converts to a serious DEFENSIVE unit very quickly with the GL's as tiny mortar shells and the support/medic for resupply.

Whew, I don't know.. there is so much armor in this game you almost have to have at least one AT in there or a single APC will ruin your day. If you have a squad that is very away of each other and can swap to the medic kit quickly it would probably work pretty well on anything else though.
          Never lock the dogs when the wolf is in the darkness.
          [age-c1][conduct]

Comment

The general squad I tend to run as a default is:

1xSF (me usually)
            1xAssault
            1xSupport
            2xMedic
            1xAnti-tank

The squad is generally defensive, and as such is an all-rounder. Defence squads I think have to be more general purpose, as if you get something you can't deal with at POC things tend to go really wrong. Assaults can have time to get in, die, regroup with a better kit loadout and then push back in their own time.

I tend to use the SF as the gun is good and accurate at long range, which allows me to hang back and shoot/give covering fire whilst giving orders as well. I would think a sniper would be too restrictive for me personally. The c4 is also nice defensively.

The 2nd medic is quite often switched to something else (most often a 2nd AT), as I think AT guys work well in pairs. On total defense I'd also most likely swap the assault guy for an engineer.

Comment

i would say that most squads could use one of each of the following- medic, support and AT

the other three spots can be filled with assault, or, depending the the situation or role of the squad, a spec ops, engineer, or additional AT. snipers are rarely a neccessity.
              [TG]epheneh

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn

I tend to use the SF as the gun is good and accurate at long range, which allows me to hang back and shoot/give covering fire whilst giving orders as well. I would think a sniper would be too restrictive for me personally. The c4 is also nice defensively.

samehere, thats why i go between that and assualt at times. its great if your close range to a tank and can just plop some C-4 on it. or at a choke point place some C-4 and have the tank run into it.

Originally posted by Ragged
                Whew, I don't know.. there is so much armor in this game you almost have to have at least one AT in there or a single APC will ruin your day. If you have a squad that is very away of each other and can swap to the medic kit quickly it would probably work pretty well on anything else though.

^because of this ive wanted to make a Rapid AT squad, just 3 AT guys that travel in a buggy and if a squad is getting hit by APCs or tanks the Rapid AT would be there in about 15 seconds. and since most squads have medics and support, thats where the Rapid AT would get health and ammo. the squads sole purpose would be to support other squads, consistantly rolling in and out of combat. unfortunatly, if they run into infantry they would be toast. im thinking about trying it out today.

Comment

If ya ever sqauded with me on the OMG 1337 sqaud, you'll know my lineup. I'm usually Assault or SF (been SF more since it has more benefits and I don't use smoke as much as I use to). Oh hell..I'll do it like you.

SL - SF
                  2 ATs
                  2 Medics
                  1 Support

...Flawless infantry sqaud. I get best sqaud almost everytime I play.. why? Good players? Good kits.

Squad Leader can be an AT, a Support or a SF..but I prefer SF. SL shouldn't be a medic because s/he is a spawn point..making it just as good as a medic. Also, medic's put themselves indanger by trying to save eachothers lives. If a SL is saving another persons life..then dies.. s/he has to spawn all the way back to the nearest base. Whereas a medic who saves the SL can just spawn on the SL.

I don't like taking a lot of vehicles, so I run into a lot of Tanks/APCs/Buggies. With two AT's...they go down fast without disrupting our tactic. Well..they go down fast when i start yelling into the sqauds ears asking why in the hell those two APCs aren't pwned yet. ;) I've tried one AT, but it always seems to me that I'm waiting and hiding for too long and the objective gets blown because of that.

Two medics...same reason as before. One to stick near me...sometimes I call it..sometimes I just yell "I'm down".."Need Medic" and to know where I'm at at all times, Medics. Strangely enough, if I do name a medic to stick near me, s/he ususally gets ranked 1 or 2. <shrug> I die a lot.

Support.... For the ATs for defending...or for the SF when assaulting a base that has something it needs to be destoryed. I don't care about the cover fire...what's supressive fire in this game if you aren't hitting the person.

SF... mainly for the few times we take a home base and need to destory the main guns. Could care less about C4 except for the same few times I'm near an APC or tank and can hop on top of it... Bridges...ehh...if you blow a bridge..there's always another route nearby that will take you the same way.

Defensive....Samething...unless I get a whiner who likes Engi...then I take out one of my ATs for the Engi. Sometimes I bridge blow so they will come a certain route...but far too often I don't because defending is usually very quick..You're defending usually from a base that can be taken. They are spawning at that base..grabbing the same vehicles..and coming up to you again to die..and do it again..until out of some luck..they get more people and kill my sqaud. Question is..why are you defending when you could be taking that base that they are coming from. Strategistically I'll defend if that is their last base and we're holding them in..if we have less then half the flags..I usually don't like to defend..

DERAILMENT ftw.

Anyway..that's my sqaud...best sqaud..always. For everyone else..I say BRING IT. OMG 1337 ftw.

Comment

im just curious, what happens in distanced firefights? what are your tactics, since the MP5 is such a close quarters weapon. ill have ot try this out.

Comment

"alergic to armour" types, they are the people that are unwilling to use vechiles when they are available because they cant stand to be a bigger target than usual so instead leave the armour for the enemy to capture and kill them with, its really annoying when people just blatently ignore free armour and take say a jeep or just walk, more annoying when your own tank kills you and caps your cp,

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

I play most frequently as a Repair squad, with only engineers. We either stay back at UCB's and help defend/repair or we'll take vehicles up to the front line assaults and help the battles. It really helps to be repairing and being repaired during a battle, and can keep you alive through most tough battles.

Edit: As for not taking things like armor, sometimes you just need to get somewhere fast and don't have the time to drive a tank or APC up to the battle. If I don't need to be somewhere then I'll usually take the armor.

Comment

if tanks are laying around, even if my squad doesnt need it (better to be on foot or need to be quicker) ill still have someone get it.

Comment

When you are thinking about best squad composition, you have two main parameters to consider:

1) Mission Type (Attack/Defense/Demolition)
                            2) Enemy Type (Infantry/Armor)

After this, it is very easy to decide which kits are needed. You just need to combine these two and make the following:

Attack against Infantry
                            Attack against Infantry/Armor
                            Defense against Infantry
                            Defense against Infantry/Armor
                            Demolition

Other tips:
                            - Special Force, Engineer and Support are must for defense
                            - Medic(s) are must for attack
                            - Decide between Assault and AT based on enemy type (infantry/armor)

Comment

MilesTeg and I were doing an armor squad on Friday or Saturday night I think. It was just the two of us on Zatar Wetlands as engineers. We must have kept C-Team busy for the last 20 minutes of that map. I think they ended up with everyone going AT and trying to take us out and still couldn't do it. Although, they got damned close to killing me before we retreated to repair and then the game ended just before we were about to roll back up. The only problem I had was ammo. I kept trying to get a crate from the commander but he kept giving them away to other squads.

At the end I said, "Commander, Armor Squad (but the number) needs a crate."

Him - "Negative, Armor, I just gave a crate to squad 8."

Me - "Well we need the next one if you want us to continue kicking some ass, I'm down to five rounds on my gun."

Him - "Damn, okay, you'll be getting the next one."

Game Over

Moral of the story: A two tank armor squad needs a third person as support in one of the guns, when you get a chance he can chuck to ammo sacks and intantly resupply your tanks. Perpetual repair tanks can really ruin someones day, actually they can ruin many people's day. We were just lucky that our team controlled the skies.

Also we tried it again on the next map (FuShe Pass), but with only two tank spawns on the whole map and a flood of people who didn't quite grasp the idea of perpetual repair armor, it didn't work at all.

Certain maps can make tanking really fun. The only other time I've done so well with a tank was also on Zatar Wetlands but I was constantly jumping out of the tank to repair it. I did finally run out of ammo that time and then I died.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X