Rapid Anti-tank a Sucess!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Anti-tank a Sucess!

Today I was finally able to deploy the Rapid AT squad ive been meaning to do, it was a sucess. 3 AT traveling in a jeep or buggy. FuShe Pass was the first level we played at. With 3 guys in a buggy, you can take over flags real quick, so if need be, the commander can send us to a base with few or no enemies and capture it in about 15 seconds (driving from one point to that point that is).

We hung out on the hill where the two bridges go to, wait for the vehicles to show their rear end and fire, vehicles were decimated in our path. Usually didnt know what hit them, they slowly caught on though and would send buggies with them to try to take us out, or they would kamakazi and send their vehicles down the side of hte mountain to escape us. I feel that the Rapid AT should be used more often. When we would see "enemy armour/apc" spotted we could rush there and take it out easily.

Re: Rapid Anti-tank a Sucess!

That's sweet!

As a regular engi I'll have to take note of that and set up counter measures but it is a darn good idea though.....i hate you :p

wc
    Warcriminal
    chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

like i said the only counter measure that worked was having buggies drive with them.... but sometimes id get 3 kills from those buggies ;)

Comment

grats RikiRude, I saw you mop up some units before you unlocked RAPID AT. nice work.

Comment

What about 3 AT and 3 GL's?
          Jex.

Comment

did you guys ever have the problem of running out of ammo?

Comment

Ammo is always the biggest problem for AT Missile, a support guy would be very useful, if he dies, one guy can take his kit, drop an ammo bag and switch back and repeat that for more ammo :D

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
              BF2142 Names:
              Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
              Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
              Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
              Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Good to hear that your rapid squad idea is working. I have completely given up on mine. Outside of my very first night of trials, I have not been able to get a single CO to work with me or utilize my group properly.

Most frustrating was when I told a CO at the beginning of the map what my squad was and its general purpose. He said "Sounds good," and the proceeded to tell another squad that they were his rapid squad, and gave me orders to defend a rather important flag with only 3 men. So yea, no more of that.

Hopefully your group will see a lot more action than mine.
                [squadl]
                "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I wouldn't give up on it Tarpan. I think the password nights you'll have better success with it.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                    I wouldn't give up on it Tarpan. I think the password nights you'll have better success with it.
                    Most of the nights have been password nights, actually. The situation I described above was from last Saturday, heh. I thought that maybe the tactic would be better reserved for nights with tight gameplay, but it doesn't seem the case.
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Interesting. It might only be successful then with COs that you can communicate with first in the forums.
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

I've found with my (rapid) RECON! squad that I was moving too quickly for my CO to compensate for... and therefore had to assume a severe amount of initiative when redeploying. I was in a buggy so the action was often too fast to give my own squad orders (waypoints, not VOIP).

I did create a small area of operation that I communicated to both squaddies and CO, but as for CO micromanagement, it was near impossible at 55mph.

Comment

tarpan dont give up, if im ever playing with you ill definatly help you out with a squad.

and walrus i know what you mean, often ill give orders such as "ok when we take this flag we are moving out to the flag that is currently white. or something. i find that rapid squads need a CO who can think on their feet because things can change in a pinch.

since the point of my Rapid AT squad is to destroy tanks/APCs/AA quickly, if my squads defending a flag, and another squad nearby is gettng hit with APCs and such, i will have my team leave their post and tell the commander to either keep an eye on it, or to send another squad to defend it.

as far as ammo and health goes, we would hop back into our buggy go back to the base near us and other Squads were happy to give us health and ammo with me saying nothing more then "need ammo" and "medic"

Comment

tis a very good idea, ive lost count of the times when im CO and a squad has screamed at me about the presence of armour and the need for air support, if you guys where playing on my side i could just hit you a coordinate and you would jump in your buggy and help those other guys out.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

This is a very good idea I think, but get a supply and a medic in your team, and u are un stoppable, but 5 guys are hard to transport, or in 2 buggy's

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X