• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vehcile damage

does anyone know of a vehcile damage chart

Re: vehcile damage

Originally posted by Bommando
    No, but I know you can hit the Seahawk with a TOW from an APC and gun at it until you overheat and it still won't die.
    Use the 25mm to take out the bastich engineers inside the thing, while they're waiting to respawn on the pilot SL shoot at the tail rotor (if you shoot at the main rotor you're usually just hitting the body of the BH) and it does pretty good damage, repeat as soon as they spawn in and then really give it to that tail rotor, at this point if the BH hasn't died or at the very least left it's gonna start smoking and run for it, when it turns launch a AV missle into it's fat ass and watch it burn. You don't get the sweet 6 kills of a TV-guided missle BH sniping, but you do get rid of it, and rack up more points/drain more tickets while you're at it.

Comment

All helicopters and aircraft are way to difficult to shoot down, I shot a Mi-28 with 2 TOW's which both hit and the rest of my squad had FAV's and it still didn't die...
      If they don't fix that in 1.03 I'm gonna make a mod in which you can just nuke aircraft :D

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
      BF2142 Names:
      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Originally posted by Thierry
        All helicopters and aircraft are way to difficult to shoot down, I shot a Mi-28 with 2 TOW's which both hit and the rest of my squad had FAV's and it still didn't die...
        If they don't fix that in 1.03 I'm gonna make a mod in which you can just nuke aircraft :D
        Not to dispute ur claim, but I think somethings fishy with that. I fly the attack helo's a LOT (yeah yeah I know). Even ONE FAV can be enough to take down the attack helo's. Once one locks onto you u have to get out of their immediatly or destroy him as quickly as possible because it only takes a couple seconds for them to take u out from full health. I would argue that a good 2/3's of my Helo deaths nowadays are from FAV's.

The FAV guns are way more powerful than even the quad guns on the mobile AA's. They're also a b*tch to find since they're small and don't broadcast their position with missile trails. You also don't realise they're shooting at u till u notice ur health going down alarmingly fast. An AT hit takes off around 40% health I think.

[ma-c2][air2][support][eng] | Click my flag... |

Comment

^ i agree, i know the gun on the vodnik sends me running numerous times, unsure about the FAV from personal experiance, since the .50 cal seems to be weaker then the gun on the vodnik... which i beleive is something similar to the PK.

Comment

Yeah-1 FAV will tear a cobra up, assuming that the gunner knows how to properly lead his target... 2 FAVs can take out a self-repairing BH if it stays in the area very long. The key is to shoot the gunners out first, then engineers, then shoot the tail rotor.

Comment

Those APC TOWs are not the same as the stationary TOWs. I know when my Heli gets nailed by a stationary TOW all it takes is a couple of pistol rounds to make me start flaming and blow up. AT and APC rockets on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                Yeah, I know, but I still think it's wrong that it can withstand that kind of damage. Judging by those calculations, the helos have the same amount of armour as a tank.

Just remember this game is all about arcade action, balancing and fun.

EA threw out the realism book for the BF series.

Comment

Yeh, but balancing went right after it concerning helicopters

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                  BF2142 Names:
                  Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                  Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                  Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                  Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Wow Bommando, that's crazy. I've shot down many a loaded BH with an APC-so I don't know what the problem may have been.

I doubt this was your problem, but most of the time when I see people shooting at a chopper if they don't get the lead right at first they start making wider firing arcs trying to just hit it, instead of systematically correcting their aim. That's the only time I've seen an FAV or two not take down an attack chopper, is when someone only hits it one out of every 30 shots.

Also-never shoot anything until it over-heats. Thermodynamics notwithstanding, it takes much longer to get rid of the "overheat" limiter than it does to pause for a second and let it cool down several bars.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X