Collection of in-game facts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection of in-game facts

From the same men who brought you the workaround for the Attack Helo minigun bug, and researched the lock-tone matrix:
    Props to Lagomorph and Xeil for researching some of this. Add your own confirmed tidbits.

Can Spec Ops players be seen on CO scan? We'd all like to know. Lago, Xeil and I tested it out:
    on foot
    in vehicle
    in helo
    in jet
    in vehicle with non-spec ops (perhaps an "aura" thing)

ANSWER: YES in all cases. Spec Ops are NOT invisible, y'all.

Questions I'd like to see answered:
    • Does it positively work for the CO to select a squad and use "squad VOIP" to talk to JUST that squad?
    • Will an anti-air missile correct it's course (and hit an enemy) once the pilot/shooter gets a lock if fired before getting a lock?
    • Can anti-air missiles (from ground or jet) hit enemies when fired without ever getting a lock?

Note: We can all speculate pretty well. Please limit your replies to cold, hard facts.
    Last edited by StrikeFear; 08-05-2005, 03:44 PM.
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Re: Collection of in-game facts

The anti air one is easy... yes.. i have had AA missiles hit team mates all the time.. not sure what makes it change.. possibly changes to the closest. I get the most team kills that way it seems.. rule of thumb... never shoot with another plane or helo on screen if you dont want to take a change of TK.

As for the second one.. i dont know for sure but I would say no just from personal experience.

Trickling fountain of knowledge,

Napalmenator

Comment

I don't know if anti-air missles correct themselves once you get a lock.

However, anti-air missles can frequently hit enemies when fired without a lock-the problem is you just as often will hit any friendlies in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalmenator
        The anti air one is easy... yes.. i have had AA missiles hit team mates all the time...
        As for the second one.. i dont know for sure but I would say no just from personal experience.
        Sorry, Napalmenator - I meant to say, "can the missiles correct and hit an enemy..."
        I've edited the post to be more clear.

As for the second one - thanks for your guess, but, well, I also edited the post to ask posters to limit their posts to proven facts, not guesses. I can guess just fine all by myself, as can most players. :)
        - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
          • Can anti-air missiles (from ground or jet) hit enemies when fired without ever getting a lock?
          Yes, but the range is short. For a few hundred meters, they act like unguided straight-pathed rockets. After that, they have a tendancy to veer off in a random direction, though most commonly I see them angle up.

Another fact to add: APC rockets can be steered (in a very limited fashion) by keeping your alt-fire button pressed down after firing.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

More spec-ops tests please:

Does a Spec Ops show up on UAV (to ground units, not CO)?

Can a Spec Ops be Spotted?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
              Yes, but the range is short. For a few hundred meters, they act like unguided straight-pathed rockets. After that, they have a tendancy to veer off in a random direction, though most commonly I see them angle up.

I dont know.. all mine seem to angle right towards another plane or helo if it is near by.
              i personally think they need to fix the AA guns because they rarely seem to hit. Even right on top of me and it still wont hit.. drives me crazy.

Comment

Another fact to add: APC rockets can be steered (in a very limited fashion) by keeping your alt-fire button pressed down after firing.

I've noticed they head for the sun... Makes sense. The IR seeker is heading for the hottest thing in its field of view. With no planes or helos, that is often the sun. Hats off to EA for this one. A cool detail I would not have thought of.
                Cheers,
                Rico
                RicoNoSuave = |TG-42nd|Rico = Rico_SC = [ge]Rico = Rico = MostlyHarmless
                "She's drunk enough when she's sober." -Richard Julien

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                  More spec-ops tests please:

Does a Spec Ops show up on UAV (to ground units, not CO)?

Can a Spec Ops be Spotted?
                  Yes.
                  Yes.
                  There is NOTHING special in ANY CASE about SpecOps kits, those particular cases included.
                  He can be spotted both thru in-game commo-rose, and via CO right-click menu.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE RUMORS GOT STARTED. ... unless... wishful thinking?
                  - Lazarus Long

Comment

Oh - I meant, really, not CAN THEY HIT, but WILL THEY GUIDE INTO.

APC rockets - "alt-fire" ??? Or "fire" ???
                    - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
                      APC rockets - "alt-fire" ??? Or "fire" ???
                      In an APC, your main fire is the cannon, while your alt-fire is the rocket. I would have said right-click, but some people rebind their right mouse button. So for me, I press and hold the right mouse button to fire and guide the rocket.
                      [squadl]
                      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

In an APC, your main fire is the cannon, while your alt-fire is the rocket. I would have said right-click, but some people rebind their right mouse button. So for me, I press and hold the right mouse button to fire and guide the rocket.
                        Of course. Duh. :row__532:
                        - Lazarus Long

Comment

The AA missles will fire and drift to enemy aircraft without a lock. I say drift because it's not as good as with a lock-but they will try to correct course in order to hit the vehicle. I've done this more than several times.

And I always thought the APC rocket thing was just comon sense, like any other AT rocket, but now thinking about it, I can see how people wouldn't know to try it. Hmm.

Quick question: Does APC cannon fire do more damage locationally? like after you shoot your rocket and are pounding away at the tank, should you try to shoot it in the tread/body joint? or does it matter?

Comment

I found these out playing with Jex and Pommjte

-Helo rotors will not kill you, at least when standing on the copter, the tail rotor will still maul you.

-Falling from any distance into deep water (10 or so feet) will only result in a 9 or 10 health bar loss. I tried this out falling from 400 and 1450 feet, landing in the water around the carrier and in a river, and only lost 10 bars at 400 and 9 bars at 1450.

Comment

Question: For a CO, is there a **practical way** to talk to a particular squad or group of squads?

Does the following description work?

- Press 1 to select squad 1, press B to talk to squad 1 only
                              - Press and hold control and then press 1,3 and 5. Press B to talk to squads 1, 3 and 5 only (this would be necessary for platoon operations)

Speculations/Discussion here:
                              http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=57839 (but we need facts)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X