Cars withstanding AT missiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars withstanding AT missiles

This is something that really annoys me at times, I fire a missile at a car and often I will either just hit the driver or a passenger and not the car or the car will be damaged, but they will be able to get out...
    I mean geez...its an ANTI TANK missile against a jeep! The jeep should be blown to pieces if its hits, full health or not!

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
    BF2142 Names:
    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Re: Cars withstanding AT missiles

i love it when i hit a car with a missle and the missle decides to go THROUGH the car instead of destroying it... they better fix that bug.

Comment

Yea I find that it's pretty annoying when my missle goes through whatever im trying to hit.

Comment

If it's ghosting through something, that's lame-I've had it happen that way and it sucks. But having it go through the framing, is awesome and just shows the amount of object detail the coders went into. Also, if the missle hits the passenger, but for whatever reason not the vehicle (ie shooting sideways through the FAV or whatever) then it shouldn't blow up. Contact pressure for detonation of AT missles and even RPGs is pretty high. You can shoot an RPG literally through someone, but it does mess up the ballistics. lol

Comment

I know what you mean. I've shot at soft armored vehicles and they've survived. A little odd that a jeep could survive such a blow.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeh I forgot all about missiles going through the damn things, especially with the light frame FAV's...

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
            BF2142 Names:
            Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
            Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
            Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
            Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

This is why missiles need a small amount of proximity detection agains vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                I know what you mean. I've shot at soft armored vehicles and they've survived. A little odd that a jeep could survive such a blow.
                Cause the jeeps are often canvas top, and wouldnt have the neccessary stiffness to crush the percussion cap on the RTPG and trigger the shapped charge.

But ERYX, JAVLIN,.... they dont use nipple caps.
                Power may grow from the barrel of a gun, but control....... stems from the 1st and the 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by Levi
                  Contact pressure for detonation of AT missles and even RPGs is pretty high. You can shoot an RPG literally through someone, but it does mess up the ballistics. lol
                  RPGs have a simple piezoelectric fuze, the first thing they hit will trigger it. You´re probably referring to one incident that happened in Somalia, where a RPG rocket killed and got stuck in an US soldier. This only happened because the fuze was bad, a rather common occurence with those old weapons (****ty,old fuzes saved many lives in iraq for example).
                  Remember that there isn´t really much things "soft" when two objects collide at >700 m/s, even water tends to behave like a wall then more or less.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X