Securing the perimiter!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing the perimiter!

This kind of goes along with bommandos awsome CO/SL thread but i think it might deserve its own thread.

One thing that can make capping a flag pointless is when your squad captures it then takes off, only to have an enemy that was hiding wait for you to leave recap it and have a whole bunch of people spawn at it.

everytime i capture a flag the first order i give my squad is to secure the perimiter. the second thing i do is ask the commander to scan or zoom in and check my perimiter to confirm that its clear before moving on to the next flag.

Re: Securing the perimiter!

Right on, Riki.

As SL, I try to make sure that once we capture a flag, the squad stays there and defends until the heat dies down. If the CO asks us to move, I usually request to stay until the area is secure. Certainly, the CO has his reasons for me to move, but if I feel I have to stay, I'm not quiet about it. At the very least it allows the CO to explain why he needs me to move.
    Let them eat war.
    XFire: billygnosis

Comment

i agree. weather the co feels like there are too many enemy flags, or wants us to get more points, i feel as if im being rushed away the minute i cap any flag. to me, no matter how God forsaken the fire-base may be, i would much rather take and hold it. in maps like the peninsula, when we take that east base, i pretty much refuse any other orders to move on unless im convinced we have 2-3 squads on it. thats just one example, but all im saying is, i really see no point moving on unless there is a flag thats being fiercely battled over or is of vital importance (airfield on wetlands for example)
      |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

yeah i know what you mean. its pointless to take a base then just move out without securing it. there's always a change that an enemy SL is there waiting for you to leave, or just a single soldier. and its much easier to just secure the perimiter then it is to get halfway to another base and have the flag at the last base turn white.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X