A helicopter hint I found out yesterday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A helicopter hint I found out yesterday

Last night while playing BF2 I was a helicopter gunner and I found out that the TV Guided missle can kill commander assests.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: A helicopter hint I found out yesterday

In one shot?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

No it takes 2 or 3 depending on the asset type. I hinted at it in my guide to attack helicopters but failed to make it clear I guess.

Comment

Hmm that's good to know, it might be a good strategy to send both your attack helicopters (in those maps you get them) to the enemy's CO assets and take them out right when the map starts, and give your team a head start. But it might not be that effective, since the helicopeters (according to TG rules) can't stay around after they shoot down the enemy's assets, and to repair it should only take a few seconds...

Comment

It might be one I took out an arty cannon in one hit last night but it might have already been damaged.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I've tested it when practicing my missle sniping it takes three to destroy a full health UAV Trailer. As a tactic I would say its probably not that great seeing as you have about a 15 second reload time between missles and the missles are better served against more blatant threats.

Comment

I'd say the fastest way to destroy assets at the start would be as a spec-ops co-pilot in a bomber bailing over the base. (Of course if there is no bomber than maybe a helo would do too.) :)

- I don't really approve of people taking a one seater like the fighter solely for this transportation purpose, however... =/
              Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
              [age-c1]
              [eng][air]

Comment

i would like to add to this by saying that having at least one engineer in the AH allows you to vertically repair your assets. since the attack helos are making stops back at the UCB so often, it allows them to 'quickly' repair damaged assets and perhaps ward off attacking special ops.
                |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Originally posted by Legato895
                  i would like to add to this by saying that having at least one engineer in the AH allows you to vertically repair your assets. since the attack helos are making stops back at the UCB so often, it allows them to 'quickly' repair damaged assets and perhaps ward off attacking special ops.

Nice one, I never thought of that.

Comment

if you know the locations of the assets theres nothing stopping you hovering over the repair / launch pad and letting loose from a safe distance ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X