No announcement yet.

The Best Way To Take Care Of A Chopper!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Way To Take Care Of A Chopper!

Not everyone knows this, but the best way to take down a chopper is with a mounted MG! Buggies and technicals (trucks) have 'em. Way more effective than stingers, and more dependable than relying on air support! You can take care of an attack chopper within seconds if used in short controlled bursts! Even a Seahawk doesn't stand a chance if used correctly! Tonight, as an example, I racked up at least 6-7 helos on Oman alone! All within 10 min or so!

Just an FYI...

Re: The Best Way To Take Care Of A Chopper!

Where do you hit the birds? Body, main rotor or rear rotor?
    I hope someone makes a "weakest point" guide soon ;)
    "That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on ... that rabbit's got a vicious streak. It's a killer"

Comment

rotor i believe is the weakest

Comment

Not sure about locational damage. I aim for the cockpit on attack choppers, and for the crew on transports! If the transport is empty, I aim for anything...

Comment

I've seen in other posts/forums that the rear rotor is most vulnerable, but I've never got this confirmed. It also is the hardest to hit so you may use the same amount of time since your'e most likely to miss with a lot of bullets.

I'm kinda like Brennus; I aim for the chopper! ;)
          "That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on ... that rabbit's got a vicious streak. It's a killer"

Comment

I have shot them down with a hand held MG but it takes a whole clip !!

I don't bother with missiles any more...

Comment

The tips widely known, and actually if you really want to rank up helo kills, as long as the choppers don't have good gunner then use a tank. 1 hit from the main cannon with someone on the turret mounted .50 cal kills.

Comment

I investigated this "helicopter weak spot" theory pretty aggressively. Apparently people claim you can take out an attack helicopter with one "overheat" cycle of the SAW. I started a 64 player dedicated server and took the cobra from the deck of the carrier and put it up on land where it wouldn't autorepair when I got in to check the damage levels.

I tried every inch of both sides, back intakes, front, main rotor and the tail rotor from a distance of 10 meters while prone. ( Dropped an ammo bag on the chopper so I could tell exactly ). Then I parked the Cobra below a building where I could fire on it from above at close range. After that I parked it hanging over a building top and fired from below at the tail and the underbelly.

Two hours later and I simply cannot find this mystical, magical weakspot where the chopper blows after one SAW overheat cycle. It sure would be helpful if someone could provide more detailed account of how this was possible.
                Never lock the dogs when the wolf is in the darkness.
                [age-c1][conduct]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragged
                  Two hours later and I simply cannot find this mystical, magical weakspot where the chopper blows after one SAW overheat cycle. It sure would be helpful if someone could provide more detailed account of how this was possible.
                  It comes from people not knowing who else is firing on the same target.

Take Brennus for example. He thought he was blowing those choppers out of the sky on his own, but in fact I was in his squad and was unloading on the same choppers with my 50 cal from a different angle. He just had the luck of being the one who put in the final bullet a few times! 2 50 cals really does equate to quick death for a chopper. :)

Very fun stuff. If you see an enemy chopper in the air, you MUST hit it with everything available. I finished off a chopper with a shotgun blast last night, and I saw another taken out by C4 as it swooped in on the flag location.
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                    2 50 cals really does equate to quick death for a chopper. :)

Very fun stuff. If you see an enemy chopper in the air, you MUST hit it with everything available. I finished off a chopper with a shotgun blast last night, and I saw another taken out by C4 as it swooped in on the flag location.
                    Great point. Having 2 .50 cals working in tandem on any target, but especially helos, can have a devastating effect. It also reduces each individual gun's vunerability since they can cover eah other.
                    Beatnik

Comment

I finished off a chopper with a shotgun blast last night, and I saw another taken out by C4 as it swooped in on the flag location.
                      I killed one with 3 shots from my pistol. =)

Comment

I had a similar thing Phelan lol - just after clearing and taking a CP I fired the last round in the clip of my AK at a SH flying over me one time and it exploded and I got two kills. Funny how timing works in the game lol
                        |TG-42nd|Lt James
                        Please read our , , , .

Comment

Heh the other night some nub was flying low over our airbase in a USMC jet so i chucked some C4 up on top of the hangar, blew it on his next pass and got him :P

Comment

Take Brennus for example. He thought he was blowing those choppers out of the sky on his own, but in fact I was in his squad and was unloading on the same choppers with my 50 cal from a different angle. He just had the luck of being the one who put in the final bullet a few times! 2 50 cals really does equate to quick death for a chopper. :)
                            Take my word for it! From an occasional BF2 chopper pilot myself, the MG really is your worst threat! You know when more than one MG is firing on the same target, because the chopper displays a smoke trail when damaged, and that indicates its damage level. The sooner the smoke trail appears, the more people are firing on it. I'm sure everyone has a "I blew up a chopper with my (insert small arms fire here) weapon! Hell, I've taken credit for blowing up a Cobra with my MEC Spec Ops weapon! It just happened to be the last recorded bullet to hit the chopper before it went down...

Comment

I was sitting on top of the buggy alot last night. It really works well, especially when you have and MG that turns all the way around :)
                              |TG| aschmack

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X