Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when your prone, do you know where your feet are?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when your prone, do you know where your feet are?

i've been noticing more and more feet and appendages sticking/clipping through walls and various other level implements. i really thought nothing of it until today when i happened upon JCL's feet sticking a few inches through a wall. normally somebody would have run into the flag and got camped.

i had 3 options. fight like a man and unload a handgun clip into his foot hoping to kill him. toss a few nades into where i now know hes camping OR

fight like a woman and insta-gib him via knife to foot.

im sure he had no idea what hit him until he read the TG-Legato [knife] JCL on the top

the moral of the story is, your legs are longer than most walls are thick so either scoot out a bit, or crouch instead of going prone.
    |TG-Irr|Legato

Re: when your prone, do you know where your feet are?

Originally posted by Legato895
    i've been noticing more and more feet and appendages sticking/clipping through walls and various other level implements. i really thought nothing of it until today when i happened upon JCL's feet sticking a few inches through a wall. normally somebody would have run into the flag and got camped.

i had 3 options. fight like a man and unload a handgun clip into his foot hoping to kill him. toss a few nades into where i now know hes camping OR

fight like a woman and insta-gib him via knife to foot.

im sure he had no idea what hit him until he read the TG-Legato [knife] JCL on the top

the moral of the story is, your legs are longer than most walls are thick so either scoot out a bit, or crouch instead of going prone.
    You sad, pathetic man. With that said, id have done the same thing.

Comment

lol, when i got lonewolf sniping on pubbies, i've killed many a person hiding in a way that his body clips through an object.
      |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

I'd only ever use crouch if I could just find a way to make it toggle instead of being tied to the key state.
        Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
        [age-c1]
        [eng][air]

Comment

Originally posted by Lagomorph
          I'd only ever use crouch if I could just find a way to make it toggle instead of being tied to the key state.
          WOW! I thought I was the only one who preferred toggle switches!

Comment

Originally posted by Brennus
            WOW! I thought I was the only one who preferred toggle switches!
            Toggles are the way to go... we also need to be able to come up from prone/crouch when double tapping forward to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Lagomorph
              Amen. Crouch not being a toggle is greatly annoying.
              Never lock the dogs when the wolf is in the darkness.
              [age-c1][conduct]

Comment

Originally posted by Legato895
                A similar thing happens when you think you are under cover behind a pillar. It could be your whole body sticking out to the side and your head behind the pillar, but it is hard to know which way you are pointed.
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Not only the legs go through. Riflepipe and kitassets will show trough walls and fences. I saved my CP at a clanmatch sunday when spotting an enemy foot trough the wall and shot clip at the wall. He never knew what hit him :)
                  "That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on ... that rabbit's got a vicious streak. It's a killer"

Comment

The clipping is really annoying. I try to be conscious of my feet when I'm prone but I can never be sure I'm not clipping.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

http://www.fubz.us/bf2enhance/downloads/

This is a little utility I tried but didn't care for, but some of you will. The creator checked with Punkbuster and it's legal since it doesn't modify any game files.

It has:

1) Crouch Toggle
                      2) Iron Sights Toggle
                      3) Binds pistol to the same key as main weapon, so hitting the same key will switch between the two (I didn't see the need for this one personally.)
                      4) Allows Pasting into BF2 from the clipboard.

I think it does some other things, I only used it a day and decided I didn't care for it. Once you pick the check boxes for the options you want and start the program it just pops up a box in the middle of the screen with an OK button in it. Leave it alone, this means the program is running, go start BF2. When you're done playing, click that box to shut the program down.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
                        2) Iron Sights Toggle
                        Aren't they already a toggle?
                        "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                        - Lazarus Long

Comment

I always tell squad members if I see them clip.
                          Jex.

Comment

You can also use this to your advantage by going prone and backing up against a cliff or wall to reduce your exposure. Btw, has anyone looked into damage penetration? What type of obstacles are shoot-through and how much/with what weapons?

-=[dMw]=-Cain

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
                              Aren't they already a toggle?
                              thats what im thinking... my iron sight and crouch are all toggle. i just press the button once and i press it again to get out of it...
                              |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X