Ways to avoid falling damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to avoid falling damage

we have all encountered ea's twisted sense of falling damage (running down stairs too fast anyone?) so i thought it would be beneficial to point out a few ways i try to avoid the red pain from below!

the main jyst of my tactic is going prone. say for example your on a ledge in one of those urban levels and it slopes sharply down to an ally below. if you lay prone on the edge and slightly move off until you slide/fall down, the amount of health you lose is negligible. same goes with cliffs etc. it seems that whenever you have an opportunity to rack up falling damage, going prone will cut down the amount you would normally receive to an amount that isn't nearly as big of a deal.

keep in mind thought. if you start going into free fall all bets are off. the minute you hear the wind and see your gun tuck in, kiss your ass goodbye!
    |TG-Irr|Legato

Re: Ways to avoid falling damage

Originally posted by Legato895
    Keep in mind thought. if you start going into free fall all bets are off. the minute you hear the wind and see your gun tuck in, kiss your ass goodbye!
    Or whip out the parachute.

When I go down a hill I face the ledge and walk off as I'm falling I back up. I keep falling but it slows me down to the point where I am barely hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Phelan Ward
      Or whip out the parachute.

When I go down a hill I face the ledge and walk off as I'm falling I back up. I keep falling but it slows me down to the point where I am barely hurt.
      the problem with pulling the chute is that when you touch the ground it "turns off" so when you slide down a hill it will only be on for a second. i became painfully aware of this when bailing from a BH on kubra dam. i parachuted down but landed on a steep cliff thus collapsing my chute. thus i plummeted to my untimely death.
      |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Originally posted by Legato895
        we have all encountered ea's twisted sense of falling damage (running down stairs too fast anyone?) so i thought it would be beneficial to point out a few ways i try to avoid the red pain from below!

the main jyst of my tactic is going prone. say for example your on a ledge in one of those urban levels and it slopes sharply down to an ally below. if you lay prone on the edge and slightly move off until you slide/fall down, the amount of health you lose is negligible. same goes with cliffs etc. it seems that whenever you have an opportunity to rack up falling damage, going prone will cut down the amount you would normally receive to an amount that isn't nearly as big of a deal.

keep in mind thought. if you start going into free fall all bets are off. the minute you hear the wind and see your gun tuck in, kiss your ass goodbye!
        belly flopping AVOIDS damage? EA has to be on drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
          belly flopping AVOIDS damage? EA has to be on drugs.
          its not like that, im guessing they are assuming more surface area = less pain. im just saying that if you encounter a steep slope, your better of sliding down it prone than trying to navigate it on foot.

i do it often for things like sniping. you can drop off a building's roof prone with minimal damage
          |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

i ussualy just hit crouch as i fall and i kinda slide all the way down with minimal damage,

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

If there is a building near where you will land, try to hit the building just before you hit the ground... I believe it resets your fall distance and you take no pain (think alley on Karkand). That's worked on all the BF series.

<7Ds> Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X