Kubra Dam - 8vs8 tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubra Dam - 8vs8 tactics

I'm playing in a clan of not the best players on the net ;) We play for fun, but we still want to win now and then. Tonight we're gonna play on Kubra Dam and i though the bright heads in this forum had some interesting tactics we could try out.

The obious public way to do it is to drive like a madman (with a C4 rigges hummer/vodnik) to the top middle flag and blow the brigde and maybe a tank or enemy car if lucky. I think we should hold the our tank a bit behind to provide some serious firesupport and drop a crate behind it, if this is the opening we should use. I guess the other team also will rush to that flag. But if we have another tactic and DON'T show up at that flag they will be kinda surprised and hopefully their tactics will get busted from the start..

Last night i studied the map i bit and playing the MEC side opens for a stuntdriver approach. Take the Vodnik and drive off the concrete end of the powerstation and it lands on the wheels with about 1/2 'health' left and you'll get the lower flag almost instantly. Don't think many expect it to be a guy on MG at that point early on if USMC tries to parachute down..

We where also talking about where to put the SL to get a spawnpoint somewhere. Theres a room i the middle of the dam which has ladder to the top and exit two places which will provide a nice place to surprice the enemy, but the SL has no possibility to see/spot anything or provide firesupport, so he will more or less just be a spawnpoint. And at a 8vs8 match we need every man. Any suggestions where SL should have a nice view and members can spawn without being spottet at once?

Hopefully some of you have some views of how to kick butt at this map. I don't expect you to reveal your secret plans but som tips and approaches would be very nice :)
    "That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on ... that rabbit's got a vicious streak. It's a killer"

Re: Kubra Dam - 8vs8 tactics

I'm not sure any of us can help you as we generally only play the 32p and 64p maps, personally I've never played the 8v8 map so would have no idea of the strats needed to make the map work. Good luck!

Comment

the 16player version of Kubra Dam is my favorite version of this map. It puts all the focus on the dam and quite frankly, the Dam--as far as 3D models/terrain goes--rocks!

stuntdriver isnt limited to MEC, I've gotten a jeep to the lower flag unrealistically quickly in ranked games. That lower flag has the Helo, so a good helicopter pilot is crucial. Based on the Helo, the lower flag is obviously more important. Also, have the Helo squad drop SpecOps over the enemy artillery early and then pepper their tank-spawn with Artillery. I'm not a fan of taking the enemy's starting base since these have such good bottlenecks for lategame / endgame containment.

Comment

Thanks walrus.
        I need to find the right driveoffspot from USMC side to get a hummer down in one piece, but i'll have a go after work.

We should maybe put a couple of dedicated defenders at the lower flag. Most fighing will then be around the upper where we can have both tank and choppersupport to repell any attempt to get the flag or cross the bridge. To bad where only 8 players, much work to be done.
        "That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on ... that rabbit's got a vicious streak. It's a killer"

Comment

A great place to defend the lower flag from. I'll play as Spec Ops. C4 the area, one where the APC spawns, on in the middle of each ramp up and the rest around the flag. Then go out and climb of the SE scafolding so you can drop down on the raised platform above that flag that has the big structural steel support in it. Go prone with your weapon on single shot and stay still.

Comment

Also you can get to the helicopter faster from one of the outer spawn points by driving over the top and and jumping onto it. So even if you don't get to the flag first make sure your pilot is ready to steal the attack chopper as soon as it spawns.

I know that during the 64 player maps whenever my team loses that base I just jump in a buggie and drive over to hijack the helicopter.

Also in the tunnels underneath the dam you can capture the point from the little hallway between the two tunnels.

Comment

Do you think that tunnel cap went unnoticed during QA or was it intentional? I find it kinda cheeseball since you cant even see the flag from there. cheapness!

I tell you what, maing: 48 players on 16-size Kubra Dam (Server 1) would rox sox! Admins, let's do it!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X